Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - More scenary and multilingual
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

More scenary and multilingual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
necroex
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: More scenary and multilingual Reply with quote

The game is exelent. A little to similar to C&C.

It would be great to can see diferents scenary and the capacity to habe a spanish version.

One more, to can agrup troops like starcraft ctrl+1..0, but in Palm I don´t figure how... whit buttoms in screen could be.

Thanks

Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You currently can't make groups right now, but maybe it will be a feature in later versions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

groups would be hard to hard to do if the person who was playing didnt have a keyboard...

that is mostlikly why they didnt include it.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy
Lucas
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Not that hard Reply with quote

Junkie, we all have a graphiti area right?

Why not simply use a graphiti "control" (command bar) and then a number in order to create a group, and then while in play you simply graphiti the number of the group to select it (do it twice to center view on the group). Of course you might have to disable the graphiti map dragging for this, or you could have the game detect that kind of command.

Maybe another solution could be a popup similar to the Dominion "Transform" option, so when you have a multiple unit selection, you could include commands such as "Group", "Attack" "Defend" "Patrol", etc...

Lucas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL Very Happy
Never thought of that,
Good idea Exclamation

DBZ -GOKU- :Did anyone say something like this in Beta Tests Question
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a similar way, yes. I suggested that you select a group of guys you want to be a group, press a hard key, and then that is the group (and will select the group every time you hit the hard key). But, I like this idea better, then you can have tons of groups if you wanted (instead of limiting it to a couple hard keys).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnt the hard keys used for scrolling?

And yes I think both ways would be fine Very Happy

Also,

DBZ-GUKU- Were any questions asked about the scroll dial and the back button?

(I know they are on the sonys and mabe others)
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no one mentioned those.
Lucas
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Sony Clié Reply with quote

I know in my case, there are 4 hard buttons, one "pageup/pagedown" trigger, as well as a scroller on the side.

I don't really see any necessity of actually using the hard buttons for scrolling, since (for me), playing an RTS on a handheld is done with 1 hand. Its all fun on the computer to have 100 keys and 5 mouse buttons (that's what I have lol), however the actual gameplay can be easily reproduced with the simple use of a "1 button mouse" and no keys.

All palm devices have those things in common: The graphiti area, 4 "soft" buttons (home, menu, calc and find), and I assume at least 4 hard buttons (am I right?). It comes to logic that those common attributes should all be exploited to their maximum, and any device-specific attribute should be considered as a less important developement feature.

So "Graphiti Commands", imho, should be all-important and should include all the gameplay features. Games should never rely on any device-specific functions...

I know that was very "general" as a comment, lol.

Btw I find it weird that no one ever thought of using the graphiti numbers for grouping???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graffiti area is already being used for map scrolling, which I love, but the hard buttons would be nice to be able to use as group selectors (or building selectors)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: