Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Better side specific commands
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Better side specific commands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Better side specific commands Reply with quote

These are some more enhancement ideas. I rated these 1-5 with 1 being my most desired. Hopefully I have not posted these before.

Better side specific commands
For multiplayer, it would be nice for these commands to have a “for ‘side’” clause to be more side specific. Only Set Objective can pass a message to one player in multiplayer. Other commands are forced to be coded in the triggers of their side’s triggers. In WI code, maybe checking for zero/null in the added ‘side’ clause would default to ‘All Sides’ for backward compatibility.

2. Center View – Right now a separate trigger for a specific side has to be created for every area to be shown for that side. Adding ‘for side’ would let a >single trigger< center to center the map views for each player. That simplifies mission logic and debuggin. This helps in getting around the 40 trigger limit.

1. Create Random Unit Group – Adding ‘for side’ would only create units from the random units of a specific side. As it stands, it creates from all random unit groups, which can upset the balance of power in one side’s favor. It also looks weird if OMNI and the Free Radicals have random units, you knockout one side but it still spawns random units.

1. Defog area over ‘area’ – A “for side” clause would allow multiplayer missions to show certain areas to one side and not the others. This increases more ‘fog of war’ where one player cannot tell what the other is doing. This makes missions more challenging.

5. Cut Scene, ECOM – nice to have side specific if these are ever allowed in multiplayer.

4 End Mission – As for Center View, lets one trigger specify win/lose for each player using a single trigger. Also ‘for side’ removes limitation that End Mission has to be coded in a trigger for that side to help with the 40 triggers per side limit.. I

5. Modify Countdown Timer and Start Countdown Timer
This would be neat to allow different messages to be given to each side.

3. Set Formal Objective Info, Set Formal Objective Status, Set Formal Objective Text
Again, adding ‘for side’ allows more side-specific messages, a single trigger for simpler logic, and gets around the 40 trigger limit.

2. Show Alert - Adding ‘for side’ would allow another side specific messages in multiplayer, just like Set Objective

Other ideas:
Cut Scene, ECOM amd Show Formal Objectives in Multiplayer could ‘freeze’ the game with a ‘Please wait for other Players’ message. Adding a 1 second delay would allow separate messages to be sent to each player.

I don’t know if End Mission, Set Formal Objective Info, Set Formal Objective Status, Set Formal Objective Text can use persistent variables and generic triggers for these to be called as needed

Conditions
Test persistent variable ‘FormalObj’ is Exactly 1
Comment Set Formal Objective 1 for side 1
Actions:
Set formal objective 1 text to ‘{FormalText}’
Set formal objective 1 status to ‘{FormalStatus}’
Set persitent variable ‘FormalObj’ to “0”

Condition
Comment the trigger needing to set the Formal Objectives
Actions:

Set persitent variable ‘FormalText’ to “Mine galaxite”
Set persitent variable ‘FormalStatus’ to “Incomplete”
Set persitent variable ‘FormalText’ to “3”
Wait 0 seconds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: