Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Skirmish Mode.
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Skirmish Mode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mchart
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Skirmish Mode. Reply with quote

What can i say? If this game had a skirmish mode or a basic mode of that sorts, I would definately buy it. PLEASE ADD SKIRMISH MODE Exclamation
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And multiplayer...Wink

Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtrotzjr
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me state that I feel too often companies sell themselves short trying to meet the *demands* of users. I feel that when I buy a product, the company does not *owe* me anything more than a working product. So updates which are limited to bug fixes are acceptable, and ethical. But oftentimes users *demand* more. They want more features and they do not want to pay for the update. Regardless of the fact that the updates cost companies money. So if a company *chooses* to include new features in a new release for free, I see that as an unexpected bonus, not something that was my right in the first place. I think if we all adhear to this attitude, we will be content with what we have.
With that said, some ideas which would make this incredible game better are:
1) as mentioned above Skirmishes
2) multi-player modes.
I also would love to see a level editor, and some better controls over the units, such as way-points, defend/attack modes.
But I have to say, I cannot believe that this game can exist! It is incredible what my little Tungsten T2 can do, it is like a full blown PC Game on my handheld, I give this game 5 stars without another enhancement ever being added. So enhancements would push this over the top for me. Thanks to the developers who worked so hard bringing us a solid game!

-----------------------
Tungsten T2 - w/ 256MB SD Card
http://www.readingplanner.com/palm.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, and I am not necissarily demanding that it be added, these are just things I think would make it better. Yes, there are going to be lots of future updates with new features and things, but I am not sure whether or not they are going to charge for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darrinm
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, dtrotzjr. It's gratifying to hear the game is exceeding expectations *as is*. Very Happy Obviously we had to cut things off at some point or we'd never release the game!

As for new features, rather than responding individually to every feature request I just want everyone to know we're reading them, we think they're all cool, we're collecting them and they'll be part of our planning process for future WI releases.

Thanks for your suggestions!

dtrotzjr
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBZ-GOKU-,
Sorry, I did not mean to appear as though I was attacking you. I wasn't, but rather I really wanted to qualify my requests as requests and less as demands. And I was hoping it would go a long way in keeping grumbling from appearing in this forum. Since I have seen so many game forums turn into grumbling arenas, it seemed appropriate to prelude my wish list with a moment of appreciation Very Happy
If I wasn't so broke from buying my T2, I would have already purchased this game, but I will be soon, and until then the demo is keeping me busy.

-----------------------
Tungsten T2 - w/ 256MB SD Card
http://www.readingplanner.com/palm.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know, I was just saying. I also don't want it to turn into a grumbling forum either...people complain too much...I mean, they sit here and say "Oh this game isn't as good as I though it was...I'm not buying it until they update it with certain features..." I mean...Its retarded. Comon people, are there any other games out there like this one? If so, do they run liek this one? No, they don't, so stop complaining. Also, if you think Handmark has it priced to high, then don't buy it and don't complain about it either. Tons of people enjoy the games Handmark makes, and if you don't think they are worth teh money, then don't say anything. Why? Becuase, it's annoying. Also, you amy notice that SIX of Handmark's titles are in the top 10 BEST SELLING, which means people like the games, and they like Handmark. I bet this game will make it up there too, also adding populatiry to Handmark. I am not trying to attack anyone, I just hate complaining, and I am just adding on to what otehr people have aid in this forum, like dtrotzjr.
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Guys and Gals, and i agree that a scurmish mode would be cool and add a endless replay value to the game....

But, I think that wont be included in this version mabe a expansion....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I would pay another $30!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: