Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Beta Test VC1
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Beta Test VC1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Beta Test VC1 Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I hope you liked my other campaign, Return of Fox.

I'm working on another campaign and another single level. I need you to help me test them, because both my Zodiac and my 4355 are being replaced Very Happy

The thing I would really like for you guys to test is the first level of my new campaign. It can be found here:
http://www.members.aol.com/verdagon/VC1-v01.pdb

I really appreciate all your help. Please post suggestions and bugs here!

Thanks! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
goblin_merchant
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What don't you use a Palm Emulator? Look around, you'll find it.
Team members: Knelson and I.
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, forgot about that... Okay I'll use it. Thanks!
...although I'm not sure registering will be easy on an emulator... i'll try.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to play it today - good mission!

A few comments -

Omni never had power from the start of the game. Did you intend that?

I snuck Andy around behind the HQ and destroyed it from across the wall. Yes, that was in the base, and that brings me to my next three comments:

Unless you want the player to try this way, you might want to move that HQ a little farther north, as it was within easy range; especially with Omni's buildings out of power (No opposition from towers, right?)

The troops guarding the HQ could have easily defended it from Andy, but I sent my other troops in the front door, pulling those troops further up. Once my troops were disposed of, they never returned from the north end of the HQ area of the base (they were litterally right above the HQ) to defend from Andy's attack. There were three cyclopes within range who reacted to the attack, but their response was to go off looking for a way around the wall. With no way around in the immediate vicinity, they apparently lost interest! Smile

Exom's towers were guarding the gate Andy entered, but while they had power, they didn't fire. Is there an Exom Surveilance center in the base?

Overall it was a very clever mission, and quite a departure from your previous endeavors (Which is not to say that they weren't clever, mind you, but the strategies employed were very different! Very Happy )
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
Got to play it today - good mission!

A few comments -

Omni never had power from the start of the game. Did you intend that?

I snuck Andy around behind the HQ and destroyed it from across the wall. Yes, that was in the base, and that brings me to my next three comments:

Unless you want the player to try this way, you might want to move that HQ a little farther north, as it was within easy range; especially with Omni's buildings out of power (No opposition from towers, right?)

The troops guarding the HQ could have easily defended it from Andy, but I sent my other troops in the front door, pulling those troops further up. Once my troops were disposed of, they never returned from the north end of the HQ area of the base (they were litterally right above the HQ) to defend from Andy's attack. There were three cyclopes within range who reacted to the attack, but their response was to go off looking for a way around the wall. With no way around in the immediate vicinity, they apparently lost interest! Smile

Exom's towers were guarding the gate Andy entered, but while they had power, they didn't fire. Is there an Exom Surveilance center in the base?

Overall it was a very clever mission, and quite a departure from your previous endeavors (Which is not to say that they weren't clever, mind you, but the strategies employed were very different! Very Happy )

I thank thee for thy comments!

About not having the towers and the power... those were mistakes.

About the HQ and the range, that one was weird. I tried to position it so that it wouldnt be possible, but its impossible to tell from the editor. The scaling is so different.

I think I will replace the walls with terrain and space it out more, and fix the power/tower thing (hey thats catchy), when i get at least one of my PDAs back.

Thanks for taking the time to test it! I really appreciate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: