Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

N104's Maps Topic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: N104's Maps Topic Reply with quote

This is my map topic.
Every so often I'll post here to keep B.E.T.A and all of WI updated on my current mission authoring projects.
I'll also post here with announcements regarding my maps.
If you have an idea for a map you would like to make but cannot, please PM me if you are interested in having me make it (I give credit in the map to the person with the idea when I make maps requests).
If you have map questions, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by N104 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I'm working on a project to make co-op missions out of all the multiplayer challenge maps. It's a challenge though... I'm trying to keep the landscape the same but many of the maps are made for 2 players and co-op maps have 4 (including AI) so I'm having galaxite shortage issues.
After getting those done (it will take me a few weeks) I have a few ideas for FFAs I may post about.

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Prequel to the Story Missions by Spiffcode Reply with quote

It's always annoyed me how if you go in single player addons you find plenty of sequels to the story missions by spiffcode inc, but you can't find any prequels. I have thought about it and think I will attempt to make one. I say attempt because although I have a few ideas, how much fun will you have without battles and how many battles can you have when the only unit that was invented before M1 was the SR-98 Eagle, G-4 Bullpup, and personnel from the HRC.
Ideas are welcome. I'd love to know what you players would like to see. So feel free to reply with any ideas or thoughts or you could PM me if you would be more comfortable with that.
I won't be making this for a while though. My current plans are to:

Finish making co op missions of the multiplayer challenge maps (Im currently having trigger issues with them)
Possible make co op missions of the 5 single player challenge missions (Im not sure on doing this yet)
Make some 'timer' and 'hold out' co ops (Ill post more on those when I get closer to making them)
Make some maps various players have requested me to make (no details yet)
Make a single player prequel.

As you can see, the prequel will be a while. As I said, please post your ideas Smile

To be continued...

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the broadsword probably would have existed but not the upgraded armor units, maybe if you incorporated them in but limited them in some way, like having 4 come in as reinforcements or something would be interesting.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
I think the broadsword probably would have existed but not the upgraded armor units, maybe if you incorporated them in but limited them in some way, like having 4 come in as reinforcements or something would be interesting.
Ive noticed when prequels to games come out the technology is more advanced lol. I don't want that to happen. Broadswords didn't appear until M3 and they were new technology (atleast for ACME) in that mission. So would it make sense for them to be in a prequel?
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having some trigger problems with the challenge co op maps ive been making. I've found the error and should have the ones I've already made fixed soon.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I forgot that happened, its been so long since I played campaign, it wasn't they became available then it was actually a new technology?
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
I guess I forgot that happened, its been so long since I played campaign, it wasn't they became available then it was actually a new technology?
I think they reverse engineered OMNI's research for some of the units.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

N104!!! wrote:
galm wrote:
I think they reverse engineered OMNI's research for some of the units.
After looking into it, Olstrom calls Broadswords "New technology" in M3. In D3, you destroy OMNI's base and they try to recover data and reverse engineer it to get more advanced units.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has free time, I'd love it if you could stop by WI and test one or two of the co-ops with me. I'm really bad a judging if its too easy, too hard, or just right.
Currently, I nor anyone as beaten one of them. I don't want them to be too easy, I just want to make sure that is is possible to beat them.

(This post is in reference to the co-op missions of the multiplayer challenge maps I've been making)

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished making co op versions of all the multiplayer challenge maps. I'm going to be working on testing them.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm maybe can u edit ur posts with new content? This is gonna get rly long otherwise.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Hmm maybe can u edit ur posts with new content?
I thought of that when I created this topic but I doubt anyone will come to this topic unless it gets a new post and shows up in their "posts since last visit" list. If I edit the posts no one will know it. I just wanted a topic I could let people know what I'm doing. It's your map group and I made it without really asking you (although I didn't think you'd mind) so I can edit them with new content if thats what you want or you could just delete the topic altogether.

galm wrote:
This is gonna get rly long otherwise.
There isn't really anything wrong with long topics in my opinion. What do you think?
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
I think the broadsword probably would have existed
galm wrote:

Okay, after looking really a while, broadswards are new technology for and I quote, "This mission". That makes me think they existed before.

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Loopholes!

Thats good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> B.E.T.A. All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: