Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Enhanced Chat Room (with images)
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Enhanced Chat Room (with images)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your opinion?
This looks epic! Love to see it happen someday.
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
It's okay but not that good.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This is horrible! The chatroom is fine how it is.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Enhanced Chat Room (with images) Reply with quote

Here's my idea of what the chat room should look like if it is ever enhanced. The pictures may take time to load. Sorry they are big.

FEATURES:

Player Statuses
A bar on the right side with the list of players and their status. This bar could b slid to the side if it is not wanted.
Players could pick their status (to a degree). They could pick if they are, afk (not with their device), watching (watching what others are chatting but not chatting or typing), and no status (a player could pick this if they dont want a status).
There would be two system statuses, they would be typing and muted. Typing will appear as the players status when the player is typing and over ride a status that the player set. When the player is done typing their status would revert back to the one they chose. Muted would become a player's status if they were muted (by the server or a moderator/administrator). If a player has the muted status and is typing, there status will stay muted rather than become typing.
Administrators get their name in bold and moderator's names will be in italics.

Rotation
The chat room should have be portrait and landscape.

Buttons

vChat:When selected, it would allow voice to text then the text could be sent to the chat room. Kind of like vexting.

Keyboard: When pressed, this button will toggle the keyboard on and off.

Ignore: When Pressed, a box text box would appear. A player1 could enter player2's username and player1 would not see chats by player2. To unignore player2, player1 would have to press the ignore button again and type player2's name.

Sound: This button would toggle sound to chat notifications. Every time someone, enters the room, leaves the room, or makes a chat, a small notification would be made. These notifications will be toggeled on and off ith this button.

Times: With this button a player could toggle timestamps for chats on and off.

Lock: This button is a toggle button. When toggled on, the device can be tilted in any direction without the chat room flipping in that direction. This button is an in app orientation lock.

Still: This button will toggle a still chat room. If it is toggled on, a player could scroll up as high as they want and if a new chat is made, their screen will not go down to the bottom. It would be great for getting screenshots of something said earlier while a lot of people are chatting at once.

Player Info: When this button is pressed, a text box will appear. A player could enter another player's (or their own) name and the profile that belongs to the name of the entered player will be splashed onto the screen. Only the person that pressed the button and entered a name will see the profile. There will be an X button to return to the chat room.

Forums: If this button is pressed, the forums will appear on the screen. This will allow players to view and post on the forums while in the game without having to leave the chat room.

Clans: When pressed, a list of WI Clans will appear with a text box. A player could tap a clan to view info on it's members or search a member with the text box. If a username is searched with the text box, the clan they are in (if they are in one) will be highlighted in the list.
When viewing a clan, a player could tap the "request to join button" which will send the clan leader and the clan moderator a private message asking to join.

Chat Room Landscape with Keyboard

Chat Room Landscape without Keyboard

Chat Room Portrait with Keyboard

Portrait Chat Room without Keyboard

Viewing a Clan (in landscape)

Viewing Player Info (Viewing the forums via the forums button should look like this) [in landscape]

doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whaa the point in even voicing ideas, scott dosent care, and i dont blame him.
this does look nice, but many ideas similar to this have been put forward, and the simple chat we have does its job well.

Warfare Incorporated Veteran, Most well known player.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
whaa the point in even voicing ideas
What's the point in not voicing them? If you never try you will never succeed. Nothing bad will happen by voicing a few ideas.
Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was first skeptical at this idea but it looks like a nice upgrade for our current chat room. One can always dream about it Smile

I'm definately impressed by the amount of thought and effort you put into it. We all know it's unlikely that it will be made, but doom you should just stop with the negativity =P

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithoz wrote:
I was first skeptical at this idea but it looks like a nice upgrade for our current chat room. One can always dream about it Smile

I'm definately impressed by the amount of thought and effort you put into it. We all know it's unlikely that it will be made, but doom you should just stop with the negativity =P
doom is always MR. Negative Razz The way i figure, even if it doesent happen, its still fun to talk about (but it could happen, in theory...) and its not like you'll lose anything by doing it.

Maybe a future developer will use some of the enhancement requests (if there are any future developers).

N104
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture with time stamps, I forgot to put one in my first post. Time stamps would be very nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: