Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - FR and OMNI
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

FR and OMNI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

did you like the mission "FR and OMNI"?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

acela3
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: FR and OMNI Reply with quote

FR and OMNI are close together. you need to capture OMNI's HQ and any other useful buildings and use them to destroy the rest of OMNI and all of the FRs.

FR and OMNI.pdb
 Description:
FR and OMNI are close together. you need to capture OMNI's HQ and any other useful buildings and use them to destroy FR and the rest of OMNI.

Download
 Filename:  FR and OMNI.pdb
 Filesize:  5.46 KB
 Downloaded:  16833 Time(s)

joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting level -- I found that my strategy for the first part of the mission was completely different from the second part, and had a really fun time playing it.

Well done.
alexsasha
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent level. Might need a little more troops inside of the compounds, so it would be a little bit more intense. Otherwise great
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed taking over Omni's base; that took some thinking. Heck, just getting there was an adventure in and of itself, as I had to send Andy in alone to clear the path, then bring everyone else up behind.

A couple comments regarding the Free Radical Base, however. The Surveilance Center was within easy reach of my cyclops, and once that was gone, the base was essentially defenseless. I would either put in another Surveilance Center or move the existing one further in. That brings me to my second comment: if you have triggers telling the FR buildings to produce units, they apparently aren't working. The addition of defensive forces would greatly increase the difficulty of taking out that base. (and that would be a good thing Twisted Evil )

Great mission, overall, and I'll play again, if only to take over Omni's base!
acela3
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: FR and OMNI Reply with quote

when I upgrade this mission I will move the serveilance center farther to the back of the FR base. also, since you brought it up, I will make triggers so that the FR base makes units. Very Happy
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News:
1.) The overall concept of the mission was great.
2.) I like the fact that you have to strategically complete the mission versus using overwhelming force.

Recommendations:
1.) Just like the previous post, you may want to generate troops just to raise the difficulty a little. There plenty of galaxite once you take over the OMNI base, so this shouldn't be a problem at all.
2.) There a trigger south of the OMNI HQ that instantly ends the mission. I did not understand the purpose of the trigger, especially because Andy did not die.

Overall:
Great job and I look forward to you next mission
51Cards
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mission although I too found the easy way to do it backwards. I used Andy and the cyclops to take over the FR base (after running Andy around clearing out the "field" a bit) Andy and the cyclops take out the mentioned survelance center and then Andy waltzed in and cleaned the base out. Then taking it over and mining some galaxite meant that 5 mins later I had the pleasure of sending about 50 liberators and cyclops charging into the Omni base for a demo-fest Wink

Was a lot of fun... looking forward to the next version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: