Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - An Alliance 7.1! All 7 missions!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

An Alliance 7.1! All 7 missions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of these missions?
I like it!
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
It's OK.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, manolen, are you English? You know, with the "centre's" and such?

Anyway, are these missions a campaign? I can't figure out what letters the levels start with, and what the scenarios are.
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck on the Division mission. I've taken over the Acme base (although the status didn't update) and found the replicator pad in the NW. I've got a second base down in the SE and am trying to build forces as fast as I can, but the enemy simply spawns faster than I can build, even with two VTS'. I even have towers near the top to get them before they head South, but it's not enough. They just spawn too fast. What's the strategy here?

Okay, I tried it again with 4 VTS' and managed to get enough troops up to the area in the North where it looks like they're spawning. Then I ran out of galaxite. There must be an easier way.
mikejake
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Replies Reply with quote

The missions are a campaign. The letters are AA01 - AA06. As to the comment about the "The Rescue", I have updated that mission and there should be a new version of "The Rescue" by Thursday (7/29). As to the comment about "The Division", I released it too early. It wasn't tested enough. It is difficult to know what is too much when I'm making these missions. So as I said, there will be a new version soon, and final mission "The Many" is finished. It is almost impossible, but I tested it and it is possible. Good Luck!

(Thank you all for your comments, I use them in the editing of my missions! Please keep them coming! A few positive ones would be nice too!!!!)
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! Sorry I didn't mention it earlier, but this campaign rocks! Very unique maps and objectives and surprises around every corner. Just when I'd get frustrated enough to give up, I'd figure out how to complete the mission. Except for The Division, of course. Just make sure to save often.

Looking forward to the new version.
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I downloaded the new version (7.0) and restarted the Division mission. I went to take over the Acme base and used Raiders to grab a Galaxite processor and 2 warehouses, but there's no money in them. The bullpups were stuck outside the processor and not moving so I couldn't take over those. So, I've got the base, but no money to build anything.
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played your mission pack when it was a 5 pack and wanted to revisit the now complete 7 pack.

In the first mission, "The Meeting", you have made it difficulut to acquire any credits because you don't have a beginning budget. Was this a mistake or by design so the end user would have to be creative with the corporate raider?
mikejake
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:52 am    Post subject: The Meeting Reply with quote

Zero credits are by design. Yes, you don't have to be too creative. Most galaxite warehouses can give you $3000. I am happy you are revisting the levels. I have changed or improved some of them from the feedback I recieved. But now it is complete so enjoy. And keep the feedback coming!
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Meeting Reply with quote

mikejake wrote:
Most galaxite warehouses can give you $3000.

However, as I mentioned, I took over the warehouses in the new version of the Division mission, but neither one gave me any money. So, I'm pretty much stuck since I can't build anything with no money. Has anyone else had this problem?

In the Meeting mission, I didn't even bother to take over anything. I think I only had one raider anyway. I just used Andy to take out the towers and most of the vehicles. If too many vehicles were chasing me, I just ran back to the North part of the friendly base and let the towers take them out.
mikejake
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: The Division Reply with quote

Well, I played "The Division" 3 times, and each time the Bullpups were mining. I don't know if you know anything about mission authoring, but I set ACME on the Computer Overmind option. So I don't know if it affects your PDA. I use a Clie NX70 to test mine.
Is anyone having trouble beating "The Division"? I have been using the Every NN seconds for this mission. I really don't like it but I think it might be too much. Let me know! The option I hate that many game authors use is "Recreate if destoryed" option. This one really sucks!
Well, that's all for my bitching for today. Keep the feedback coming!

Remember: "Bullpups make great scape goats!"
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The Division Reply with quote

mikejake wrote:
Well, I played "The Division" 3 times, and each time the Bullpups were mining. I don't know if you know anything about mission authoring, but I set ACME on the Computer Overmind option. So I don't know if it affects your PDA. I use a Clie NX70 to test mine.

I'm using an Tungsten E. I know I was able to get money from either the storage warehouses or the processing plant in the previous version. With 7.0 on my PDA, though, the bullpups are just sitting still right outside the processing plant, not driving around or anything. I even shot at them to see if they'd get moving that way, but they're still just sitting there.

Update: Okay, I figured a way around my problem. I took over some buildings and then sold them to give me enough money to buy my own galaxite processor w/ bullpup. Then I finally started making money. I still can't make it through the canyon, though. The enemy just spawns too fast and I run out of galaxite before I can reach the top.

Last edited by hmm on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
mikejake
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: The Division Reply with quote

I'm sorry it does work for you. Every time I play, the Bullpups are mining. I did assign the task of mining when the level starts. I am trying to balance the number of units, so there should be an update soon! Maybe today, if I have time!
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loaded the level today and noticed that the bullpups started mining when I encountered them, or at least it looked like they were mining. All they did was go out to the galaxite field and come back and just sit next to the processor without going inside. Very odd.

Anyway, I figured out how to get through the canyon. I just keep building power generators until I'm deep within enemy territory. Then I can take out the RC's and grab the extra galaxite while I'm there.

So I got the message that I've finished off the ECMA base, but the mission won't end because it still doesn't think that I've taken over the ACME base. There are no blue squares left, so I don't know what it thinks I still haven't taken over or destroyed.

Definitely the most challenging mission I've encountered!!
izod91
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the missions! I played through, until the last level. When the cut scene appears, I click "more" and I get a fatal exception. Is it just my pocket pc or is it the mission?

Very well thought out! the scenery is wonderful Cool
hmm
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get any fatal exceptions on cut scenes, but I'm still running 7.0 because I didn't want to start The Division all over again.

I just finished "The Many." Was Fox supposed to die in the Division? Anyway, the only way I could complete the last level was to step on the pad to create the regenerating towers which kept the replicants busy. Then I sent a Dominion up the north side while they were busy and went as far down the mountain as I could. After that, I built power generators down the rest of the mountain until they were outside the north entrance of the outer ring of where Fox Prime was standing. Then I sent another dominion to the south entrance and set up 2 VTS's each at both entrances and built tons of liberators. I sent them in the North entrance first to keep the next wave of replicants busy and the liberators going in the south entrance had a clear shot at Fox Prime and took him out. I don't think I could have done it without the Power Generator down-the-mountain trick.

I liked the ending too!
mikejake
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: explosion Reply with quote

In "The Division", Fox is supposed to run to the replicator and try to use it, and it explodes. Maybe that is why your level didn't end. In the next update, it won't take as long for Fox to get to the replicator.

I'm glad you liked the end. I was trying to do something different.

On a different note: I need beta testers for my next levels. I was to test them before releasing them this time. I have finsihed and tested the first level many times, but I have a Sony Clie NX70. So the game always runs perfectly. Send me a personal message and I will send you the first level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: