Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Liberated by the Free v1.0
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Liberated by the Free v1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Liberated by the Free v1.0 Reply with quote

The leader of the Free Radicals has been captured. You're going to save him.

Author:
dws90

History:
1.0: Released 3/25/04

Liberated by the Free.pdb
 Description:
The leader of the Free Radicals has been captured. You're going to save him.

Download
 Filename:  Liberated by the Free.pdb
 Filesize:  5.83 KB
 Downloaded:  19556 Time(s)

Last edited by dws90 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mission Very Happy
Keep rockin'!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT LAST! A fellow Free Radical! I've been eagerly awaiting another mission that lets the player control the FR's. Very Happy

Even without that perk, though, I enjoyed this mission! A few comments...

Arrow You have a lot of open space in this mission, and I like that. Ordinarily, I'm a big fan of lots of scenery; a good-looking map makes for an interesting mission. Every now and then, though, my eyes need a break from trying to make out every rocket trooper hiding beneath another group of trees. Your mission provides exactly that: a good, clean map that lets me focus on the task at hand.

Arrow Since this is a rescue mission, where you are essentially asked to go into Omni territory and and take over several HQ's to free the leader of the Free Radicals, I think that the Omni forces not attacking your base is entirely appropriate. After all, what reason would they have to be on the offensive if they're safely within their own territory? The player is the invader, and thus on the offensive. The only thing I would suggest in regards to Omni being more aggressive are regular Omni patrols of the galaxite fields.

Arrow Bearing that in mind, I was a little puzzled to see that I started the game at an already established base. Now I'm a little predjudiced, here, as I like to lay out my own base. Start me with a few troops and a Dominion, and I'm happy! Not everyone may feel that way, though, so I'll stop just short of suggesting that you change anything - the level plays great either way.

All things considered, it's a great level! I'm looking forward to your next.
psj3809
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the layout of the map, the galaxite is just about right and theres a lot of good points to it.

A few niggles though...

Theres an enemy power generator in the bottom right hand corner of the map which is impossible to destroy because the mini-map is in the bottom left corner of the screen so you cant ever get your tanks etc to destroy it

I would have liked the computer to have attacked me once i entered its 'zone'. I put a (cant remember the name now) one of the guys to take over a base, he entered it and the base became mine but the enemy didnt batter an eyelid. They sat there not moving at all. When i got my small army to approach they attacked but with a couple of buildings i had taken over deep in enemy territory and surrounded by enemy tanks etc they werent bothered at all.

Apart from those two things it was a very good map, i did complete it first time but it was well laid out and that
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Mission. I enjoyed the concept of mission and the layout was good as well.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to your next challenge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: