Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Calderas Gold v1.1
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Calderas Gold v1.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Bug? Reply with quote

For what it is worth, I still get a fatal error with the following message: "DataMgr. C, Line: 7386, DmWrite: DmWriteCheck failed."

Any ideas regarding what could be causing this? I am on an M515 with no hacks or any other programs that (I believe) would potentially cause a problem.
bilfer
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crash has gone away on my TG50 with this latest version.
Liberator
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to lower the difficulty to 100% normal in order to complete it. Otherwise, it will be a mission impossible for me.
ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried a different strategy for this mission.

After starting to mine, I built a power generator close to a hill. Then I could build one over the hill. Then I build some right next to the towers and cyclops that guarded the central entrances. They never attacked me, just the attackers that were built and sent to my area.

Using my three HQs, I built a tower close enough to attack two units, then the next two, then the next two, etc. When these came up, I directed them at Cyclops and quickly repaired them. The enemy towers never fired at me unless my towers attacked them. Then my cyclops strolled in and mopped up their towers.

Sure, I lost some towers at the last gate to the main base, but I had really low loss numbers.

PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajcross wrote:
I just tried a different strategy for this mission.

After starting to mine, I built a power generator close to a hill. Then I could build one over the hill. Then I build some right next to the towers and cyclops that guarded the central entrances. They never attacked me, just the attackers that were built and sent to my area.

Using my three HQs, I built a tower close enough to attack two units, then the next two, then the next two, etc. When these came up, I directed them at Cyclops and quickly repaired them. The enemy towers never fired at me unless my towers attacked them. Then my cyclops strolled in and mopped up their towers.

Sure, I lost some towers at the last gate to the main base, but I had really low loss numbers.

If there is an unconventional way to accomplish a mission, leave it to you to find it! Laughing Great. Now I have to go back and try that... Wink

Overall, this was one frustrating mission, for me, as I had a really hard time beating it! Of course, it was also one of the more satisfying victories!
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I tried using the strategy above and the enemy did attack my power units and towers. I haven't played this misssion in some time and forgot how really hard this level was. I was going to make some changes to the triggers and decided against it.

I would be interested in seeing your statistics at the end of the mission, if you don't mind posting them.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knelson wrote:
I tried using the strategy above and the enemy did attack my power units and towers. I haven't played this misssion in some time and forgot how really hard this level was. I was going to make some changes to the triggers and decided against it.

I would be interested in seeing your statistics at the end of the mission, if you don't mind posting them.

Ugh, play it again and win?

The patrol units were the ones that would attack Power and Warehouse. Except for a Cyclops patrol a single rocket tower with repairing could fend these off.

Hmm, I found that the preplaced units would not attack my Power or Warehouse buildings. Of course they would attack the towers. I'd place one tower to get the Hydras on the each side easy enough. Then the trick was to use 3 HQ's to build towers fast enough to take out the Cyclops, target them at Cyclops, and to hit their repair quick enough to start taking that the second and third could actually take out a Cyclops. They were built in a diagonal row starting three squares from the first Cyclops, three from the second, etc.

Now, I have to try some different base attacks. Very Happy
1. Take out the side Hydras with towers. And, build an HRC behind enemy lines to send Rocket Troopers at the Cyclops from behind the towers.
2a. Set up a diagonal row of Cyclops. Place rocket troopers in a diagonal row behind. Cyclops step forward to attack towers. As enemy cyclops advance, time infantry to advance through cyclops diagonal row to attack. Also have cyclops attack advancing cyclops. This will probably eat lots of Troopers.
2b. Now using Rocket Towers instead of Troopers. Build towers three squares from enemy towers. Move Cyclops behind them to attack towers. Again switch to cyclops as they advance. This may be a lot easier to repair the towers as they get of a first shot, only deal with one-on-one cyclops and I have more time to build and repair.
3. After building a HQ in the southwest, build a HRC just over the hill, build a Power next to the HRC, set up Infantry towers near it but away from the main enemy group to pick off what it builds. Get some Liberators, Troopers and some Raiders to this HRC. Build some towers below the enemy group
4. Block off the NW base by placing a power generator with some towers in their North exit. Build the towers close to the generator so you can build a rocket tower behind cyclops as needed. Place the 2xtrooper, 2xhydra, liberator group to the south of the base to chew up patrols and bullpups. I just had fun with this on "Chiron's HQ". For some reason you can't cross a river with a Power built on the crossing. Twisted Evil

PhillipEarl wrote:
Overall, this was one frustrating mission, for me, as I had a really hard time beating it! Of course, it was also one of the more satisfying victories!

I was surprised at how well the initial set of troops worked against the little patrols. I placed a row of them vertically or horizontally like RHLHR wherever a column of troops would advance from. I built a second set for the north mining field. One trick is to build a buildings to make a "corner" where the enemy will get in to a single file for a slaughter fest.

I also used an infantry tower backed by a cyclops once I penetrated the center field.

It was a real pain in the butt protecting three fronts. Very Happy

ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajcross wrote:
2b. Now using Rocket Towers instead of Troopers. Build towers three squares from enemy towers. Move Cyclops behind them to attack towers. Again switch to cyclops as they advance. This may be a lot easier to repair the towers as they get of a first shot, only deal with one-on-one cyclops and I have more time to build and repair.

Poor cyclops. Twisted Evil
Hmm, some of my cyclops were targetted. I lost two cyclops to five and 1 building. Then their towers were toast. Time to refine.[/quote]

ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knelson wrote:

Well, I made a mistake on this last try. I tried to cut off the south exit of the NW base. And, the spawners promptly wiped my butt - in that area. Then they came to wipe out "my" central base and graciously did the single file slaughter.

Over the hill from the SW with an HRC and worked well on the central base. Towers and cyclops cleared the central entrances.

2xTrooper, 2xHydra, 1xLiberator still worked like a charm guarding the south and north.

To keep my credits up, I'd take an area with buildings, build into the next target area, then sell off the towers in the rear area once it was totally safe.

I came out with
Enemy units destroyed: 183
Enemy buildings destroyed: 49
Friendly units lost: 49
Friendly buildings lost: 120 <-- about 90 of these were sold off Very Happy
Credits acuired/spent: 306314/174886
Elapsed time: 43:20
Title: Mining Operations Trainee <-- Isn't there something more for taking out a general?

Green Lantern
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: This mission..... Reply with quote

..... was SUCH a pain in the butt!!! Took me about 10 times, but so far has been the one I enjoyed the most.

For those of you that had a difficult time with the new guys coming in from the top left corner, just infest it with towers & that will take care of any future newbies from there.

Thanks for making this one. It was a blast!

Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's Light
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: