Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - The 3 min rule
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The 3 min rule
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Dealer
Chat Mod Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: The 3 min rule Reply with quote

Check my about last 5 games....I've beaten 1700 ranked ppl at 2:30 in real time they resign early, there needs to be something kid kids are getting more and more scared....get rid of rule or shorten and don't tell anyone the number, or have it varry between 2-4 min of x2 time
Former #1 player
Chat mod
Started in 09'
Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You resigned before 3mins to a 1300 player lol.

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked at da stats, he did quit that match but tristi lost one guy i think the security guard.

da destoryed 4 of his own building im guess cuase he keeped on messing up. then he gave up and left the match

7 matches ended before 3mins out of 25 isnt so bad...

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
Sub-Zero
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes if you wait until the 3 minutes has passed to attack, your opponent won't be so quick to resign. See if that helps.

PM me with any questions or concerns you have with the game.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub-Zero wrote:
Sometimes if you wait until the 3 minutes has passed to attack, your opponent won't be so quick to resign. See if that helps.

Bla bla bla your not helping

Write many strategy.
doom
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea what sub said and just play with people who you know won't resign like some older players

Warfare Incorporated Veteran, Most well known player.
vexy
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if you really want the rule reduced or removed your going to have to prove that as a community you'd be able to watch out for pumpers, whether your a mod or not.
Having this rule in place means the admins also have to deal with less pumping reports and makes pumping much less likely to happen.
I'm sure alot of people have known when someone was pumping but kept it quiet because they were friendly with each other and if you would want that rule kept in place you would have to decide what's more important.

So here my suggestion if you really want it reduced or removed make an official thread with some rules such as by reducing the 3 min rule you will agree to helping watch out for pumpers and that you will not take part in pumping yourself.
Get supporting senior members and other members to support the thread and see if an agreement can be made.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you report someone as pumping no telling if the mod or admin will ever look at the player acused of pumping since they don't tell anyone if they did pump.

Hard to tell if someone is pumping cause theirs no rules saying how many times we can play each other before it's to much and it's consider pumping.

Playing against members is called " training " and " requirements " .

If you pump once then you might try it again. Since admins don't like to sees names posted even though the players have pumped for a fact. We cant help each other out to see if they are doing it again.

What's consider pumping? If I tell an admin I have a picture of me quiting a match cause we (me and the other player) agreed I didn't need the points.
Who's to knows if the admin takes the points away or even cares what you did.

I forgot but isn't sharing accounts consider pumping? I think sub doesn't like that for his clan leader board and I think It was posted before not to share accounts. But who knows the truth if van javas members losts any points when they shared accounts?

The 3min rules wasn't created to slow down pumping it was for unskilled players to have a chance at the game. And if you take off or lower the 3mins rules to 2min rule or something the pumpers will still pump. So to consider pumping they will still have to play more then 5 matches or more before all the admins will consider it pumping cause each person has a different way of thinking.

Isn't admins and mods jobs to stop pumping? What happens if they did their jobs for once will it hurt that much since all they do is sit in the chat room. And mute the worng people for what ever reason (lol)

Write many strategy.
Dr. Diggles
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doom wrote:
Yea what sub said and just play with people who you know won't resign like some older players

The problem with this is that there are usually only 5-10 registered players on.

What needs to happen:

1. Anon's should be forced to register It's not fair that I win FFA's with all anon's and get 0 points. We should get credit for all wins. Even if its only 5 points. But just don't play vs anon's? There's not enough active registered players for this to be feasable.

2. Either drop it to 1.5 min, or get rid of the rule

Probability of the above being implimented? 15% chance.
Not sure how hard it would be, but at this point, it seems that the current state of the game will never change.

PS. Scott, have you released the source code yet? We'd love a sequel.

AngryRedeye
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, their should be a rule that the game is free but u gonna have to make an acc to play it and when you register you will see the info about LEADERBOARD but it gotta be really short info cuz players are to lazy to read alot... thats it. If you will do it Scott, their will be nooo problem bout playing USELESS ANONS Wink
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryRedeye wrote:
Well, their should be a rule that the game is free but u gonna have to make an acc to play it and when you register you will see the info about LEADERBOARD but it gotta be really short info cuz players are to lazy to read alot... thats it. If you will do it Scott, their will be nooo problem bout playing USELESS ANONS Wink

way to stay on topic Laughing

Write many strategy.
AngryRedeye
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, but still i think that anons are really serious problem for registered players... and i dont really mind waiting 3 min... New players should have some time to atleast build some towers Laughing
Enzo007
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryRedeye wrote:
Ya, but still i think that anons are really serious problem for registered players... and i dont really mind waiting 3 min... New players should have some time to atleast build some towers Laughing

Agreed. I think it is beneficial to have the 3 min rule. Remember when all of us were complaining about how this game was inactive and that we had to bring in new players some how? Well, I think some of us are contradicting ourselves when we say to abolish the 3 min rule. Getting rid of the rule would only be harmful to new players because they would just get their base annihilated without even having a chance, like Angry basically said. The 3 min rule being abolished/shortened would mostly benefit top players, not the developing ones.

On the subject of anons, Diggs you make a great point. It is unfair to win a match against anon(s) and not gain any points. Additionally, I really think that forcing anons to make an account has many benefits, but one there is one that hasn't been mentioned; when playing as an anon, you kind of feel like an outsider. You have no identity, no rating, no history, and most of the time no friends in the game. When you force those anons to make accounts, it puts them on the map (so to speak), automatically making them more involved in the game.

sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why people had the idea that to agree on the rule to be shortern like if there was a command that only the person that made the match and types something like " /time ". The 3 minute rule will either be taken off or shortern and for the noobs they don't have to type the " /time " coz the rule would still be 3 minutes. The way to shortern the time would be to type in that command as I said .

Thats what I would go for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AngryRedeye
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam wrote:
That's why people had the idea that to agree on the rule to be shortern like if there was a command that only the person that made the match and types something like " /time ". The 3 minute rule will either be taken off or shortern and for the noobs they don't have to type the " /time " coz the rule would still be 3 minutes. The way to shortern the time would be to type in that command as I said .

Thats what I would go for.

Oh.. that could be a good idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: