Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Steath mission
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Steath mission
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M5: Personal Goals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ignatius
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Steath mission Reply with quote

Very cool to have stealth missions. A toughy too. Thoughtful strategy needed to get past this one.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several more too...Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completed. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vincent
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, help me in this mission Crying or Very sad
it's very hard
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me what you are doing, then I can see what you are doing wrong. Also, you need to kind of move slowly, and you should probably save alot too. Smile
ignatius
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Vincent"]Please, help me in this mission Crying or Very sad
it's very hard[/quote]

Go along the top and to the right to get to the crash site. Use your sharp shooter guy to stay in front. You can't move while shooting so take small steps. He's the only guy in a strong suit so is the only one who gains his strength back when resting. If his strength gets low, pull him back and let his health gain while the others fight then immediately put him in the front to fight. Let him do most of the fighting and constantly move him back and forth from the front line, watching his health.

When at the crash site, I was able to get by with just two mech units and the sharp shooter, constantly rotating all 3 back and forth from the front line. Stay close to the crash site and be sure to save as soon as you reach it. Don't let the enemy touch it or you lose.

I'm amazed with the AI abilities for a PDA game. Truely a fanstastic, fun and [i]challenging [/i]game.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get one guy, and that is Andy. Also, you cannot go along the top, you have to go down the left side, across the bottom, and then up the right side to the crash site.
Vincent
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks.
my wrong is in the crash site, the omni forces kill me one and another. but i think in a few minutes i will beat.
i see that the difficult mission is the m6
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M6 is one of my favorites, but it is pretty hard the first time or two around. Smile
djg21
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DBZ-GOKU-"]M6 is one of my favorites, but it is pretty hard the first time or two around. Smile[/quote]

I scrambles right through the base, first horizontally across the middle, up through to the top quarter of the scree, than accross, Dropped across a land bridge to the crash. Trick was not to engage, and to keep moving so armor regenerated. Once at the crash site, kept andy in the back and spred reserves our across bottom entrance to canyon and let them do the rest. used ansy dfrom the back to pick off infantry. Keep saving!
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try and go through th middle of the screen. But, the quote you got was about M6, not M5...Wink

Smile

mugboy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried to go trhough the middle about 20 times now Razz Im still not giving up it has to be possible. Ive gotten REALLY close to doing it but in my opinion going through the middle isnt worth it because there are an amazing amount of units (that is in comparison to your 1) and it is very hard.

I usually go along the bottom then go right, then go up to the crash site, making a "U" in the map. Not THAT difficult of a mission.
shorty
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Tips Reply with quote

I agree with the previous post on making a U.

Start by navigating along the left-hand side, stopping behind the tree and mountain cover to allow Andy to take out the infantry. In this stealth mode Andy doesn't get hurt too bad, and it's for him to regenerate quickly.

Continue out to the East and follow the underside of the triangular set of mountain ridges, staying close to the canyon that runs along the south. In the far-right, you'll find some tree cover, from behind which you can take out the attack vehicles and regenerate.

Then as you navigate north toward the crash site you can take out the infantry easily. Once you get to the crash site, set up your new force down at the mouth of the valley leading to the crash site. Likewise, place Andy behind the mountain cover. Between the two, Andy can take out most of the enemy without having to come out of cover.

If you find yourself overwhelmed, note that the whole right-hand side of the screen extends to the south, and to the far south, you'll find more tree cover from behind which you can take out the rest of the attack vehicles, until the extraction team shows up.
rjpatrick2
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fix for this mission was that on the right hand side of the screen there is a hideaway. i keep my reinforcements AT the crashed shuttle and put andy in the nook on the right, just at the edge. when the enemy comes along, andy plugs away at the human units (they can't reach him) and then the tanks stop to shoot him. when your life gets low, back away from the edge. then they start coming 'round the mountain and the reinforcements finish them off. they are so preoccupied with andy that they don't head for the shuttle.
Torael_7
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first time I did this mission, I snuck through, put Andy up on the ridge so he could snipe at incoming attackers (which would stop to shoot up at him unless I moved him back a bit, which I normally didn't) and then left the reinforcements back behind the shuttle where they wouldn't rush forward, but could respond quickly if necessary.

The second time I did it, I attacked the base. Directly. Continued to hammer this [i]one[/i] turret (as well as anything that came to get me) after I took out the bullpup/s and forced them to run out of cash. Then I systematically demolished their base, using only Andy. Twisted Evil It got tricky - sometimes I'd have to do a "running engagement" to keep from dying, but it worked, and defending the shuttle was cake, since all they got were the units that autospawned, not those *and* what they would have built.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M5: Personal Goals All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: