Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Tracking Co-op Matches
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tracking Co-op Matches
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Follow up Reply with quote

Enzo007 wrote:
I'd like to clarify one thing though: How would we decide on what co-op maps make it on the co-op leaderboard? All of them? Most played? I imagine things would get messy if we allowed ALL co-ops to be on this leaderboard. For example, if I, Enzo007, really wanted to hold a record for a specific co-op map, I could create a new co-op through the mission editor, publish it, become the first one to play it then post my score in the criteria N@te stated, that may lead to very rigorous work for the moderator of this section if like Wanderer said, we have a page with the name of the co-op map and who holds the fastest record of completion.

I think that this leaderboard would work the best if players vote in a certain amount of co-ops for the leaderboard. For example we would have 15-20 different co-op maps voted onto this leaderboard for players to compete against eachother on. The less amount of co-ops being competed for, the more competitive and successful this idea will be.
Initial voting for around ten maps may work. If you notice, I got satisfactory activity for the first couple months of my Best Map of the Month award, but at month three, the activity inexplicably declined. Judging off of the attention this topic is getting, an initial vote would be successful for the co-op maps, and then players can bring in a more sluggish flow of co-op maps that they would like to compete against others on. Depending on the activity of the first voting session, a second one could perhaps take place. Once the attention towards voting subsides, additional maps will rely on users referencing them.

Enzo007 wrote:
Your right wanderer, that's the one knock on this whole idea. Not enough players actively use the forums in general enough. So then arises the question, what if a non-forum user beats a record previously held by an active forum user but doesn't post their results? Would it count? Also what if nobody knew that that specific player broke the map's record in the first place? That kind of diminishes the credibility of the leaderboard if record completion times aren't really record completion times because certain scores aren't reported.
Record-keeping for co-op matches would not be autonomous. As wonderer suggested, I would create a room promoting the event. To further incline popularity, a link on the regular Leaderboard could be created titled "Co-op" and would direct users to the forum of the Co-op Leaderboard. A link to the forum from the Leaderboard would inflate liveliness of the forum in general as well. This is very easy to do and is a quick implementation.

As far as organizing the forum goes, there will be one locked announcement topic. That one locked topic would provide the: map titles, times beaten, current record-holders (players), links to the current record-holding matches, and possibly hyperlinks to the mission packs as well. During the inaugural voting session, announcement topics pertaining to voting will also be present. Once voting finalizes, a singular announcement topic will offer players the option to add supplementary maps or to remove unnecessary maps. Next, since some sort of approval process appears to be needed, each map will have its own stickied topic where users can post their times and games that they beat the map. Finally, the rest of the forum will be open for miscellaneous and appropriate use.

sam wrote:
ill love to be apart of this count me in Very Happy
Mithoz wrote:
Oh? I like this very much. I would like to be part of this coop leaderboard. Maybe I'll come and play a bit more Smile

Is there a place I need to sign up? Or posting here is sufficient?
The Co-op Leaderboard, like most other player-sponsored developments, will be open to anyone who has an accessible account.

I'm sure that I haven't considered a loophole somewhere, so keep the ideas sprawling.

wanderer
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If players have to vote just to get a co-op I played count me out.
Created wmw club.
helping people out from the side lines.
Keeping the same profile picture since day one.
Enzo007
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Follow up Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:
Enzo007 wrote:
I'd like to clarify one thing though: How would we decide on what co-op maps make it on the co-op leaderboard? All of them? Most played? I imagine things would get messy if we allowed ALL co-ops to be on this leaderboard. For example, if I, Enzo007, really wanted to hold a record for a specific co-op map, I could create a new co-op through the mission editor, publish it, become the first one to play it then post my score in the criteria N@te stated, that may lead to very rigorous work for the moderator of this section if like Wanderer said, we have a page with the name of the co-op map and who holds the fastest record of completion.

I think that this leaderboard would work the best if players vote in a certain amount of co-ops for the leaderboard. For example we would have 15-20 different co-op maps voted onto this leaderboard for players to compete against eachother on. The less amount of co-ops being competed for, the more competitive and successful this idea will be.
Initial voting for around ten maps may work. If you notice, I got satisfactory activity for the first couple months of my Best Map of the Month award, but at month three, the activity inexplicably declined. Judging off of the attention this topic is getting, an initial vote would be successful for the co-op maps, and then players can bring in a more sluggish flow of co-op maps that they would like to compete against others on. Depending on the activity of the first voting session, a second one could perhaps take place. Once the attention towards voting subsides, additional maps will rely on users referencing them.

Enzo007 wrote:
Your right wanderer, that's the one knock on this whole idea. Not enough players actively use the forums in general enough. So then arises the question, what if a non-forum user beats a record previously held by an active forum user but doesn't post their results? Would it count? Also what if nobody knew that that specific player broke the map's record in the first place? That kind of diminishes the credibility of the leaderboard if record completion times aren't really record completion times because certain scores aren't reported.
Record-keeping for co-op matches would not be autonomous. As wonderer suggested, I would create a room promoting the event. To further incline popularity, a link on the regular Leaderboard could be created titled "Co-op" and would direct users to the forum of the Co-op Leaderboard. A link to the forum from the Leaderboard would inflate liveliness of the forum in general as well. This is very easy to do and is a quick implementation.

As far as organizing the forum goes, there will be one locked announcement topic. That one locked topic would provide the: map titles, times beaten, current record-holders (players), links to the current record-holding matches, and possibly hyperlinks to the mission packs as well. During the inaugural voting session, announcement topics pertaining to voting will also be present. Once voting finalizes, a singular announcement topic will offer players the option to add supplementary maps or to remove unnecessary maps. Next, since some sort of approval process appears to be needed, each map will have its own stickied topic where users can post their times and games that they beat the map. Finally, the rest of the forum will be open for miscellaneous and appropriate use.

sam wrote:
ill love to be apart of this count me in Very Happy
Mithoz wrote:
Oh? I like this very much. I would like to be part of this coop leaderboard. Maybe I'll come and play a bit more Smile

Is there a place I need to sign up? Or posting here is sufficient?
The Co-op Leaderboard, like most other player-sponsored developments, will be open to anyone who has an accessible account.

I'm sure that I haven't considered a loophole somewhere, so keep the ideas sprawling.

Good point about the polls. Also, good set-up so far, if I come up with any problems I'll be sure to post them here.

Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to sumbit this map down for fastest times coop score.

I think me and berly finish this map relatively fast. We finished a map, I'm pretty sure most people struggle to last 10mins.

I'm not sure how to post pictures but here is the link

http://game.warfareincorporated.com/stats/gamedetail?g=k41-4de09132-00011150&p=mat%20van%20java

Map is crazy2v2 coop (HARD)
Finished it in 8.87mins.
Players: mat van java, berlyhendrawan

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
Enzo007
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithoz wrote:
I would like to sumbit this map down for fastest times coop score.

I think me and berly finish this map relatively fast. We finished a map, I'm pretty sure most people struggle to last 10mins.

I'm not sure how to post pictures but here is the link

http://game.warfareincorporated.com/stats/gamedetail?g=k41-4de09132-00011150&p=mat%20van%20java

Map is crazy2v2 coop (HARD)
Finished it in 8.87mins.
Players: mat van java, berlyhendrawan

First we need an actual leaderboard to post it on. Nice score by the way.

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry I'm a bit late but is this going to happen?
Enzo007
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:

I think it's going to happen eventually, but we may have to wait a bit. Admins seem busy with a few other things but I'm guessing its on the list of things to get done.

sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:

they have already made a section for it http://www.warfareincorporated.com/xyzzy/viewforum.php?f=73
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: