Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Question
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I made a map just to test out the map editor, posted it on the sharing forum. But im just wandering, is there a way to put it from your computer straight to your iphone? or is there an easy way to find my map in the massive list of maps in the add-on mission packs?
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best forum for this topic would be mission authoring.

but nevertheless there are ways to do what you request;
one such way would be waiting the required half hour for it to appear in the multiplayer add ons download list.

an easy way to sort this list is to press the heading of the title column on the menu to download multiplayer add-on packs. this will sort the list alphabetically.

alternatively you could upload your map mack to a custom url.

haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawrenceA wrote:
the best forum for this topic would be mission authoring.

but nevertheless there are ways to do what you request;
one such way would be waiting the required half hour for it to appear in the multiplayer add ons download list.

an easy way to sort this list is to press the heading of the title column on the menu to download multiplayer add-on packs. this will sort the list alphabetically.

alternatively you could upload your map mack to a custom url.

Sorry about the wrong thread to post on. thanks i didnt know you could sprt it. how do you upload map pack to custom url? and then how would you download it to the ipod?
ps thanks for being so quick to reply
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottlu wrote:

Then, upload the mission somewhere. In the mission download list in the game, select "Custom URL...". Type in the URL of your mission, press ok, and it'll get downloaded to your device, and you can play it.
try a search also, or click here

haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I waited about 12 hours and I can't find the map. I also tried uploading it to rapid share and tried a custom URL but that still didn't work
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Fast upload Reply with quote

This topic has been moved to the Mission Authoring forum from the General Discussion forum.

The server updates roughly every fifteen minutes. Therefore, if you cannot find your mission pack after twenty minutes, there is most likely a fault in at least one of the maps in the pack, or you uploaded a .ld file instead of a .pdb file, meaning that the mission pack is has not been exported properly, if at all. Twenty minutes is fairly timely, so please be patient; uploads and updates to mission packs are not instant.

I don't advise using the custom URL feature. My experience is that it has had more faults than triumph, and the server works perfectly fine.

Based off of the fact that there is only one created mission pack on that account, I assume that this is your map. As for why it is not uploaded to the server, I am slightly confused myself, however, there are a few problems with it. Please read and carry out the following instructions.

You must have End Mission Triggers in your maps! Not having End Mission Triggers in this map that tells me that you have not read the mandatory Mission Sharing Rules, or you have not read them thoroughly enough.
→ Since the map is a 2 vs. 2 styled with two sides being computer, I suggest having the minimal required players to be two, instead of one.
→ While you are in the Level Settings, you might as well change your map name, or else it will appear as the amateur title, "UntitledLevel". Try to be creative with names, and watch out for repeating somebody else's map name — people generally don't like that.
→ Galaxite cannot be replicated. This means that stacking galaxite is simply a waste of time and does not work. I noticed that you have done this. The mission editor or server (I'm not sure which) automatically removes stacked galaxite, but it is possible that the server got caught up on having five layers of stacked galaxite in a multitude of areas throughout the map. Removing those layers is my suggestion. Deleting the galaxite section by section and replacing it would be a good strategy for achieving this.
→ With the human sides, try to have the initial view on a better spot than 1, 1, unless that happens to be the best spot for the initial view. For this map, I would have Blue's (side1) InitalView be at 10, 15, and Red's (side2) InitialView at 54, 16. You may notice that these points are located where the HQ's are, and that is because having an initial view at a side's HQ or Dominion is usually an excellent spot.

Once you have done this, you may want to check out my Add-on Mission Packs Screen Tutorial.

Having computers as an opponent can be exasperatingly difficult, and it is nearly always byzantine. I could write paragraphs about programming computer sides, but I'll just leave it to this: computers don't think for themselves, they don't create units and building by themselves, and you need to use Unit Groups in order to have a successful computer opponent. For a novice such as yourself, I strongly recommend converting this map into a more simple human vs. human 2 vs. 2. If you need help on creating that style of map, please visit trineroks' Starter's Guide to a 2v2 Map. Doing this would also require the top and bottom to have the exact same amount of galaxite, and for the top sides (one and two) to have a slight handicap over the bottom sides (three and four) in order to compensate for the VTS and HRC layout (units produce downwards of the buildings).

If you have any further questions, please PM me or Lawrence for help. Look around the Mission Authoring forum before messaging us please, as this forum contains a slew of map making assistance.

Last edited by N@TE on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I'll look into what you have said. I was only creating that first map to see if it worked so I could continue creating better maps. Thanks
haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another question that you might be able to help me with. When i try to create my map in one of the rooms it says unknown map pack. anybody know what ive done wrong?
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mission you are trying to create may have been deleted.
I suggest deleting the pack you are trying to play from and downloading the updated version

haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm well, i tried deleting the pack and then re-uploading it. i removed the packs from my iphone, and re downloaded it and still "unknown Mission Pack"
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any reason for this not to be working then, I'll try to replicate your situation later.
haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey did you end up testing it out to see what was wrong Lawrence?
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes iv had this happen to me before. somewhere along the way something has gone wrong. id recommend making the map from scratch again in order to maybe avoid making any tiny errors that there may be in the current version.
thebossmant
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LawrenceA wrote:
yes iv had this happen to me before. somewhere along the way something has gone wrong. id recommend making the map from scratch again in order to maybe avoid making any tiny errors that there may be in the current version.

god i remember when law would help me fix my maps

If you add me say who you are, and that your from WI
haydent5
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey law. ive started completly over again and finally the game works. At the moment it is one player and it works, so maybe i was messing up with adding the second player. anyway thanks for the help you gave me, it was very handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: