Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Armagedon v1.3
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Armagedon v1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rewarding to know that others are truly enjoying something that you have created. Thanks for pointing this out to me Scott. Now I'm ready to create an even better missions. Very Happy

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Liberator
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes, when I quit or save the game, it causes fatal error, I don't know it's up to your mission or the program itself.

For other missions you created, when a unit goes to a crater, the unit is hidden, as if it's coverd by the image of crater.

knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sometimes, when I quit or save the game, it causes fatal error, I don't know it's up to your mission or the program itself.

For other missions you created, when a unit goes to a crater, the unit is hidden, as if it's coverd by the image of crater.

This was the first mission I created. I have played this mission many times and I have not come across the type of behavior you are mentioning. What type of device are you using?

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Liberator
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a self-made device, the device is manufactured my our company, it's a palm smart phone, called zircon, by a HongKong company GSL
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm using a self-made device, the device is manufactured my our company, it's a palm smart phone, called zircon, by a HongKong company GSL

Did you get a chance to see if the new version fixed the problem?

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Liberator
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the mission from this thread, however, it says it's armageddon1.2, and I compare it with previously downloaded one, they are identical, maybe I downed a wrong version?
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just uploaded the new version. The only real change is the image that is display at the beginning of the mission.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great level!

If at first you don't succeed....I just completed this level for the first time, probably tried it a couple dozen times before I found the strategy that worked. It is very challenging, probably an intermediate+ level overall, and it was incredibly entertaining.

Great job!
vicezilla
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Level!

Armageddon is the most entertaining and challenging level I have played so far. Very challenging. Before I knew it 2 hours had passed, and it was still as engaging as the first 5 minutes.

Great job. I'm definitely looking forward to any further mission packs you send our way!
zion
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

HELP !!! I have been trying for over dozen times and I still can't figure out a way to beat this. I find it difficult enough to beat the "red" (OMNI?) troops let alone fightling/defendnig both enemies at once.

I tried all the hints suggested at the forum : I built 3 bases (south west, south , south east) each with 10 towers , I built extra towers at the south west corner ( where the OMNI cyclops/hydras/liberators appears from no where constantly).

The best I have done is to reach as far as and to destroy the headquarter of the OMNI, but by that time, I have only 1 or two solders left and no credits left !!, I had to sell alot of my buildings to continue, but then some how even though I destroy 2 - 3 of their bullups, they keep on coming with huge numbers!!

Sorry for the longwinded message, but could someone "spell" it out ( like an Amaggadon for dummies like me?) how to beat this level before my wife divorce me for spending too much time on this?
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This level is designed to keep the enemy coming until you reach certain areas. Not only must you defend your base but you must also advance your troops. Make sure you destroy the enemies bullups or he will continue to produce troops. However, before you begin attacking the enemies bases make sure you have control of the neutral area in the center of the board.

Once you have control of the center of the board, position your troops at the base of one of the enemies. Once you begin attacking it is important that you completely destroy the base before you attack the other base.

I hope this helps.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
zion
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thanks, after my posting I tried again from scratch, I built 3 bases as before but this time I built about 10 towers surrounding the south west corner where the cyclops/hydras/libertors appear. With occasional replacement . This took care of these horrible beast and then I make sure I always have at least 5 -6 bullups at same time this ensures I have contanst supply of credits. Once the ACME is blown , the free radicals is extremely easy as there is a narrow corridor behind their power supply and store houses that I over took the whole lot with my raiders right under their nose.

It was a great game!! Thanks
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. This was my first level I created. I tried to keep to the type of game that made me fall in love with WI. In my opinion it is the best mission I've created and one of the hardest to win.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had your missions on my Tungsten/E for a while now, but until recently (when my wife went out of town) had never had the chance to give them the time/attention they deserved. Knelson, you write some of the most thoroughly challenging and thoroughly absorbing missions around, and I've enjoyed the heck out of them! I liked the layout on this mission, and am constantly impressed by the fact that I seem to just barely have enough galaxite to finish the mission, but I don't run out altogether! (Heck, that's true of ALL your missions Very Happy ) The constant attention required for resources is probably my favorite aspect of this mission, as well as all of your missions, and it is also realistic, as well, since the vast majority of the planning for any military campaign goes into resource and supply!

It was pretty easy to figure out where the individual bases were in this one, but getting to them was another matter altogether, and I began to feel as though I were landing troops on Omaha Beach!

Excellent mission overall, and this review was long overdue!
knelson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipEarl, thanks for your review. As you probably know a lot of work goes into creating a mission and getting the proper balance of enemy troops and galaxite. Feedback from players are the one source of inspiration to continue creating challenging missions.

Keith
Palm Tungsten|E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: