Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - VFS Support?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

VFS Support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjexposito
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: VFS Support? Reply with quote

Hi,

great game!

But the game is huge. Can I run the game from SD? Or can I copy the graphics file into SD without using PowerRun, MSMount or similar?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english Wink
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can install the game to a card, but you have to leave the 34kb graphics accelerator file on your internal memory. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JDub
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: VFS support on a T|T? Reply with quote

[quote="DBZ-GOKU-"]Yes, you can install the game to a card, but you have to leave the 34kb graphics accelerator file on your internal memory. Smile[/quote]

I've just tried that on my T|T (obviously without the 34k gfx acc file)....but upon running it, WI gives me a message dialog: 'Incorrect game graphics version or no game grapics installed.'

I'm using Launcher X... :/

Any ideas...?

J>
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copy all of the files to the card, and it works fine. Try using it without a launcher.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darrinm
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have posted elsewhere that LauncherX somehow keeps launching from external memory from working and that launching wtih the built-in launcher works fine.
Ocho
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tried to install the program and all the data on the card in the directory palm/launcher/programs

When I try to launch the prog, there is a window "launchig application", but the I get this message:
"This Palm is low on storage memory" and then "Need 518484 bytes of memory but only 269212 bytes are free"
Then there appears a window "Palm devices partition memory into storage memory (where Contacts, to do lists, and other databases are stored) and program executive memory. If either memory is sized below the indicated threshold, this game will not run.
If low on storage memory: Delete some of the installed applications on your Palm to increase the amount of available storage memory and try again."

The Problem is that ZLauncher shows 2.7 M of available RAM and Filez even says that there are 3564640 bytes free.

I just tried to launch it with the standard launcher and got the same message. What tips to you have?
I would be really happy if someone could help me as I am looking forward to play this great game again.

Cheers
Marius
JDub
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="darrinm"]People have posted elsewhere that LauncherX somehow keeps launching from external memory from working and that launching wtih the built-in launcher works fine.[/quote]

Well launching using the built in launcher the first time, my TT did a soft reset. Second time it worked. Klutzy though...(the loading mech., not the game)

What is it that stops Launcher X from treating this app in the same way as all my other apps? If it works in the built in launcher, surely it should work in LX?

J>
sipart
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sony Clie N770c (Palm 4.1) - I have tried all sorts to get Warfare working but with no joy.

I leave the main data file on memory stick everything else in memory (including graphics accelerator). I have 1.9mb free out of 7mb in memory free after this and 4mb free on memory stick.

I also have LauncherX and have exited this fully to run Warfare as I hear this messes up the running of Warfare on external storage - I get error "Incorrect game graphics version or no game graphics installed".

Has anyone got Warfare working on a device similar with main 1.8mb data file on external storage?

After moving some files out of main memory and putting all Warfare files in main memory it works fine (even in LauncherX) - tried moving main data file onto memory stick and using MSLaunch to set the file to be shown on MS it still doesn't work - moved main file back into main mem and all OK again - down to 3% available main memory though!!

Cheers
JDub
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Launcher X... Reply with quote

Same here. WI runs perfectly from LX's internal mem...just not on external mem. I have to quit LX and run from the Palm launcher. Not ideal, but it'll do until we get a fix.

This is the only app I have to do this with tho, which makes me think it's something to do with WI and not LX....tho I may be wrong. Smile

Anymore feedback on this?

JFTR, the game is superb. The first time I've enjoyed a Palm game for ages. Registered it straight away...actually this is the first full price game I've ever bought in my 5 years of Palm usage.

Cheers,

J>
rrfranczak3
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Ocho"]

If low on storage memory: Delete some of the installed applications on your Palm to increase the amount of available storage memory and try again."

[/quote]

Who in the RIGHT mind would delete apps that they probably need or want, just to play a stupid game....if the game dont work, just delete it and move on with your life.......
Snapey
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the guy with n7*0 I would suggest just using PowerRun. Look it up on PalmGear.
Grandizer
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sipart"]I have a Sony Clie N770c (Palm 4.1) - I have tried all sorts to get Warfare working but with no joy.

I leave the main data file on memory stick everything else in memory (including graphics accelerator). I have 1.9mb free out of 7mb in memory free after this and 4mb free on memory stick.

I also have LauncherX and have exited this fully to run Warfare as I hear this messes up the running of Warfare on external storage - I get error "Incorrect game graphics version or no game graphics installed".

Has anyone got Warfare working on a device similar with main 1.8mb data file on external storage?

After moving some files out of main memory and putting all Warfare files in main memory it works fine (even in LauncherX) - tried moving main data file onto memory stick and using MSLaunch to set the file to be shown on MS it still doesn't work - moved main file back into main mem and all OK again - down to 3% available main memory though!!

Cheers[/quote]

My brother has a N760C and it works fine off the card (no problems whatsoever). Of couse, I helped install it there (since my bro doesn't know much about it - I gave it to him after upgrading Wink ). I used ZLauncher to create a the shortcut for the game. Used the latest FlyZip to zip apps not used often in his device to the MS. Freed up a good 3+megs on his device. Not an easy feat considering he also uses Epocrates (2+ megs).
mrpinkeye
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use MegaLauncher 4.3 ([url]http://www.megasoft2000.com/[/url]) on my Clie to run mine off a 128MB memory stick. So far it works well. I have a few issues with levels freezing, but they are not related to MegaLauncher or the memory stick, since I've tried playing it directly off the handheld memory with the default launcher as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: