Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Score Pumping Rules
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Score Pumping Rules
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Score Pumping Rules Reply with quote

The Warfare Incorporated Administration has recently acquired the proper tools in order to resolve pumping issues in a quicker manner. Please follow all rules on this page, and understand the consequences when those rules are disobeyed.

What is not allowed:
Players playing their own IDs

- When a single player has two devices logged into their own registered accounts, and they play each other on a 1v1, pumping has occurred; to avoid this, have one player log in as an anon.
- When a player has two devices in a free-for-all style map, or a player has two or more devices on opposite sides of a 2v2, it is also pumping.

Sharing accounts / passwords
It is considered pumping when Player 1 gives out the password of his account to Player 2, and Player 2 then proceeds to play on Player 1’s account, or vise-versa.

Playing a game that is meant for boosting one's score
- If Player 1 and Player 2 play a game then Player 1 lets Player 2 win, it is clearly pumping. For example, purposely not trying and resigning straight after the three minute mark falls into this category.
- Say a player finds a bug in a map, and uses this bug to gain an unfair advantage; this is considered pumping.
- It is pumping if Player 1 plays two or more other people and purposely does not target Player 2 because they have both decided that Player 1 shall be the victor in that map. The other player then proceeds to purposely lose. Most commonly in this situation, Player 1 will target and attempt to eliminate the players other than Player 2. This is not relevant when Player 1 and Player 2 are on the same team.
- Pumping has occurred when Player 1 is on his high-ranked account, and Player 2 is on his lower-ranked account, and they play each other in order for Player 1 to purposely gain points from Player 2. In this case, Player 2 will still lose points, however only half of what Player 1 will be deducted.

Acceptable games:
- When Player 1 plays Player 2 in a fair 1v1 styled map and both of them hold the competitive intent to win, it is not a pumped match.
- In a 2v2 or Free For All styled map where every player is a different person, and each player gives an honest attempt to win, the match is acceptable.
- Any co-op where there is no score transfer is obviously fine.

How pumping action will be taken:
1. Player(s) will be notified that they have pumped, and they will be given the point deduction amount.
2. If players disagree to the deduction, they will be quarantined from the leaderboard until they agree.

How score deductions will be carried out:
y=x(15+x÷2.0)
x represents the number of games pumped, and y is the number of points lost corresponding to the number of games pumped.

Below is the list of how many points you will lose for how many games you play based off of the formula.

1 game = 16 points lost
2 games = 32 points lost
3 games = 50 points lost
4 games = 68 points lost
5 games = 88 points lost
6 games = 108 points lost
7 games = 130 points lost
8 games = 152 points lost
9 games = 175 points lost
10 games = 200 points lost
11 games = 225 points lost
12 games = 252 points lost
13 games = 280 points lost
14 games = 308 points lost
15 games = 338 points lost
16 games = 368 points lost
17 games = 400 points lost
18 games = 432 points lost
19 games = 465 points lost
20 games = 500 points lost

If you pump more than 20 games, your score will be reset to 1500.

Please post below if you have any questions. All complaints about pumping, public reports of pumping, and posts that further disobey the forum rules will be deleted without notice. Private Message Sub-Zero, LawrenceA, or myself (N@te) to report pumping.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. If players disagree to the deduction, they will be quarantined from the leaderboard until they agree.

that's some bull.

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a goof idea.

One question Nate what happeneds if the players lag out and you win is that pumping And you play them more then once

N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: No public pumping reports! Reply with quote

I just had to delete a couple of posts because they pertained to a public pumping report. Apparently I need to remind everybody that public pumping reports are strictly prohibited throughout the entire forum, and they will be deleted upon sight. This topic is to be used only for comments, opinions, suggestions, and questions about the initial post. Any post that does not fall into that category will be deleted.

sam wrote:
One question Nate what happeneds if the players lag out and you win is that pumping And you play them more then once
If player lags out of a game, it is not pumping unless the match was intended to be pumping from the start. A player will have bad reception or a WiFi occasionally, and that cannot be counted as pumping. However, if the match was set up to boost a player's score, and the player lags out, the match still counts as a pumped game. You may also rematch a player that lagged out, and it does not count as pumping, unless it was intended to boost one's score.
generaldominic
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing my account dominio and captaindominic was hacqked
sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

generaldominic wrote:
Good thing my account dominio and captaindominic was hacqked

What do u mean

And this doesn't even have any thing to do with the pumping system

N@TE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Hidden if they don't agree Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
Quote:
that's some bull.
What do you suggest to make that better? Also, thanks for your feedback. We would like to get more feedback on this situation from more players.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont now but if someone says I was pumping with someone and I know I wasn't. I'm not going to agree and I will be hidden. if inow I was pumping then I would take the lost points.

let's say I get a fresh account and I player that has a hidden accoount ranked 30 and I beat him 5times in a row cause he really wants to beat me but he couldn't. it would look like pumping to the mods or to some players.

why would It look like pumping to the mods?
cause some mods could have a made a connection that we was both in the same clan.

and the other players in the chat maybe notice how far our points different was and how fast it moved up cause they looked at the game history.

ps: real story but don't now about anyone noticeing it.

Write many strategy.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
I dont now but if someone says I was pumping with someone and I know I wasn't. I'm not going to agree and I will be hidden. if inow I was pumping then I would take the lost points.
i'm not so sure every player would take the lost points even if they were pumping...
slow
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Sam score pumping.

Bad. Sam bad! (jk mate)

Anyways back to reality, I like the fact that you have some rules about it. But in all reallity it's impossible to
stop pumping, but it is a good start, what you should do is maybe link ips with user names. If that helps at all.

Peace Sammy.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mods should put something somewhere that they are investigating a account. cause I told a mod but i don't believe it reached the adimstrators but all mods swear up and down they talk to each other.

((real story))cause players never now if mods are really looking into players games even though more then one player thinks their is pumping going on.(((if a mod ask and I'll tell them which mod I told and about who pumping and you can lie and say they told you or tell the truth.)))

mods could be lieing so their friend won't lose points. plus we never now if mods are doing their job or not. but mods will swear up and down they are.

Write many strategy.
N@TE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: secret score pumping Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
the mods should put something somewhere that they are investigating a account. cause I told a mod but i don't believe it reached the adimstrators but all mods swear up and down they talk to each other.

((real story))cause players never now if mods are really looking into players games even though more then one player thinks their is pumping going on.(((if a mod ask and I'll tell them which mod I told and about who pumping and you can lie and say they told you or tell the truth.)))

mods could be lieing so their friend won't lose points. plus we never now if mods are doing their job or not. but mods will swear up and down they are.
Admins prefer to keep all pumping situations under wraps. Public pumping reports are prohibited for a reason. We don't want the pumpers to be publicly humiliated or become more infuriated. I pumpers want to share that they got caught pumping, then that is fine with us (as long as it's not being negatively directed towards admins), but I don't speculate much of that happening.

I can promise all players that a privately pumping report will be investigated. A confirmation / denial reply is not guaranteed, but the report will certainly be looked into.

sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slow wrote:
I saw Sam score pumping.

Bad. Sam bad! (jk mate)

Anyways back to reality, I like the fact that you have some rules about it. But in all reallity it's impossible to
stop pumping, but it is a good start, what you should do is maybe link ips with user names. If that helps at all.

Peace Sammy.

Lol your a funny bloke slow ( lol and I havnt even played one game this year lol)

sars
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mention this on the news section and add this with this post to every page http://www.warfareincorporated.com/xyzzy/viewtopic.php?t=1783
sars
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah scottlu locked the other announcement unlock an add here

http://www.warfareincorporated.com/xyzzy/viewtopic.php?t=1783

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: