FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Please alphabetically ....joke lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you do do what Nate is talking about with the privet room them please poste the password so I can enter.
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
if you do do what Nate is talking about with the privet room them please poste the password so I can enter.

Private rooms should not have any censors in the first place. The key word is "PRIVATE" in case it's not obvious enough. But no, uncensored "private" room is just secondary to uncensored public chatroom with no mods to control it. Mods can enter that room but should have no power to mod the "UNCENSORED" chatroom.

sam
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahahaha this went for kou saying or meaning something to do with the clan leader board to ( having a swear room which I think there's to many little kids on this game but it's a great idea
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valicious wrote:
wonderer wrote:

Private rooms should not have any censors in the first place. The key word is "PRIVATE" in case it's not obvious enough. But no, uncensored "private" room is just secondary to uncensored public chatroom with no mods to control it. Mods can enter that room but should have no power to mod the "UNCENSORED" chatroom.

What is the big draw to swearing? Is it really fun to swear? I'm trying to understand what the valuable thing is if you can swear in front of players who don't want swearing. It definitely isn't the case that all players want to see the swearing of other players.

What if an individual player could issue a command to see swears. Would that meet your desire to see swearing?

As for being muted / kicked for filtered swearing, I will talk to the mods about that. The filter was put in place so that didn't need to happen.

Scott

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's going to be stupid if we could swear since mods will tell us not to swear at players. so maybe their is no right option cause of the mods. I really don't now anymore about this topic.
Write many strategy.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your swear is filtered for all except those who want to see swears, it could probably work.

The issue is people being able to see swearing when they don't want it. Before the filter it was really out of hand.

Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasnt there a stage when there wasnt a swear filter going? back then no one really noticed that people swore alot. i think when the filter was put into place was when people started to notice and tried to beat the filter..

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
warkilla van java
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottlu wrote:
If your swear is filtered for all except those who want to see swears, it could probably work.

The issue is people being able to see swearing when they don't want it. Before the filter it was really out of hand.

Actually had this idea for a long time after I got muted so much time from mods (Lawrence). I was thinking of having a code for censors. If you dint want to see the bad words, they got to type a code so it will get censored all the time. But then I thought bout it, I realized that without other player seeing my word cleary it's useless because bad word tells everyone my expression.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithoz wrote:
wasnt there a stage when there wasnt a swear filter going? back then no one really noticed that people swore alot. i think when the filter was put into place was when people started to notice and tried to beat the filter..

no we ALL EVERYONE but scottlu took advantage of it.

Write many strategy.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No true wonderer. I had many many PMs complaining about the swearing before there was a filter.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you would point them out then maybe we could tell you if they did or didn't curse or spam.
Write many strategy.
Colt
Chatroom Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM stands for "Private Message". You can't ask him to reveal stuff, rather just take his word. What reason would he have to lie? (Hint: none)
-•- Former #1 Ranked Player
-•- Colt/Redscorpion
Duc Van Java
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where going in the wrong way here...
Its not about swearing its about the chat mods Whos taking advantage of thier powers, applying thier rules and not letting players to' have the bit of smile.

Duc Van Java/Ducati848/Lstexille
Cloud
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Let me point something out. You guys say that we chat mods are abusing or taking advantage of our powers. Do you really know what that means? If we were abusing our powers then we would randomly mute people for saying "Hey" at the wrong time or kicking you for sitting in the room to long. That's abuse. What you guys consider abuse really isn't abuse. You people act like you never do anything at all. But face it. You all do things and you get upset when you get punished after several warning. You guys are acting like Elementary School kids. We see you do it, but u try to pretend that you didnt do anything. Get over it. ALL this commotion about censors and mod abuse, half of it is written out of anger and frustration towards the mods. Did you guys ever stop and think that mods and admins don't have anyone to report people to? We suck it up and deal with it. Now I admit that even I curse when I'm upset, but I don't do it often. Everybody makes mistakes and everyone gets upset. If you don't like something then try to talk it out with the person, instead of swearing and being mean to people. If you accidentally, and yes accidentally get muted or kicked, then don't swear at the mods. Just say u kicked or muted me by accident. Then they will apologize and that will be that. Can we just end all this unnecessay arguing and cut all of this nonsense out? I want this game to return to it's former glory and peace that this game had when I first started. No more offensive accounts or unnecessary swearing. Just smooth gaming and people chilling in the chat room chatting. Not swearing, spamming, or bein mean to eachother. When you guys say that you the consumer wants to be satisfied, that includes mods and admins. We also bought the game and we want to be satisfied. So let's all just end these arguments and get along.
LONG LIVE WARFARE INCORPORATED

Mole van java
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a game! a cool game and app! that's it! nothing more and nothing less. Do we really need a chat mod or an admin? My vote is no on chat mods and maybe on admins, but that's just my opinion.

I think Sub is doing a good job of adding an extra spice to this game, but I don't know what the rest of the mods and admin has contributed other than tell Scott what's going on. I guess Scott needs help in moderating the forum and needs a wall to bounce ideas off of.

Games are for people to have fun and if they want to fight in the chat room or in a game, just let them. I bet at the end of the day they all just laugh about it...Aggressive behavior will come out in any competition and there is always a lot of excuses and whining.

My advice to Scott is not to take the fun away from the community. If most of the community is saying that they don't like the mods/admins, then you might want to consider listening, cause having a mod or an admin probably isn't working. I mean you can tell the difference between your responses (which is more approached as an explanation) and that of a mod's response (which is very defensive).

I am not taking side nor trying to offend anyone. I just wanted to voice out my opinion. I apologize for anyone who got offended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Van Java All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: