FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Please alphabetically ....joke lol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can prove two weeks ago Nate cursed in chat room. and cloud told someone "he's his daddy" and he also told that players he sucks at the game. but who to send it to since no mods can do bad.

I didn't want chat mods but I wanted the computer censor cause it's the computer not some player who can have a mood swing.

I never like sub leaderboard cause people are still camping up their and still only playing cretion maps. some one asked a other high ranked player if he wanted to play his map first and my map next. the other player said no. so sub leaderboard is about who can beat the most noobs.

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
berly van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

three for NO...
thanks

Mithoz
Forum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I'm agree with my bros.

No

(but consider that without clan leaderboard we will not have as much motivation to play)

The van javas: berly, val, mole, brian, mat, wish, rully, kou, ducati, blake, warkilla, kempa, dealer, morph.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mithoz wrote:
Hmmm I'm agree with my bros.

No

(but consider that without clan leaderboard we will not have as much motivation to play)

With that being said, I hope they realize that this game is failing if more and more players like us are no longer motivated to come here for a chat or play as often as we used to. Who will tell other prospects that this is a fun community if we ourselves are being deprived of it slowly but surely. Honestly, the only reason I come back here is because of some of the great people that I enjoy conversing with. If not for that, I'd be long gone for good.

By the way, do you guys know of any game where can play and chat like here? I am hoping to find one and see you guys there. Otherwise I guess I'll keep coming back here to chat and play a game or two with you guys and some of the great people that make or made this game so much fun.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two chat rooms isn't a bad idea.

I guess I don't know why cussing is so entertaining. I'm not being underserved by having swearing filtered, but then I dont swear. I understand others may feel differently.

If you really want a cussing room, that may be possible. I will ask around to see what others think.

valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottlu wrote:
Two chat rooms isn't a bad idea.

I guess I don't know why cussing is so entertaining. I'm not being underserved by having swearing filtered, but then I dont swear. I understand others may feel differently.

If you really want a cussing room, that may be possible. I will ask around to see what others think.

That's not exactly my point. I am being taken literally. I tend to make sarcastic comment sometimes. All I am saying is we got a censor that blocks all swear words and yet mods still kick players out or mute them because mods can see those censored words. So then what exactly is the point of the censor if mods are in the chatrooms and kicks out players for those blocked words then? There is no longer need for the mods to kick or mute players when the censor already blocks those swear words. That alone shows how abusive some power can make a person.

And please, don't feel obliged to do what I ask for just because it's becoming clear now that players here who are non-mods actually respect me and listen to me. I am just a lowly former mod with nothing good to contribute to this game anyways. Just like a couple of mods said here, I make their lives miserable because of what I say. And oh btw, I was also insulted many times by these certain mods in the chatroom and yes, those mods are actually now more important to scott since they're here everyday. And by the way, I don't know how one of those mods actually got the title when all he did before was spam the chatroom all the time with his so called sister. I have never seen any spammer worse than him before. But I guess he's here all the time, so go figure.

Last edited by valicious on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if we did have that other chat room I hope you now I'm going to express my self like I used to. but not the spaming part or the big spam sentence on how I'm going to ... if mods have their power in that room their will be no point in having the extra room. I rather have the computer censor rather then a mod or players like colt to tell me not to do this and do to do that.
Write many strategy.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can do 2 chatrooms but the uncensored one should be limited to certain age levels only. I'm sure under 13 kids chat here too so how to implement it I'm not sure.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think colt and cloud are under age so block them
Write many strategy.
warkilla van java
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm thinking of This censor Thingy is a crap. What's the point of censor when you get mute or kick out by mods (Lawrence). I think everybody here swears and heard the words from other ppl. The bad word makes it fun conversation. We can't have a fun conversation if the mods (Lawrence) always act like he never heard and use the word before. He still kicks you out even if nobody is in the chat but me n him.

Also one of the problem here is admin or mods that plays the game. Like Lawence for example, Lawrence still plays the game by and loves to rank up. Like what you guys said, admins can see all the accs players uses. Its not fair that Lawrence could see our other acc and knows who should he play and who he shouldn't play. While other players loses because they didn't know that the new player they thought it was is one of the top players hiding. What I'm trying to say is that once your an admin, you shouldn't play the game anymore because it's not fair.
berly van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

war.. Im agree with u buddy...
scott.. maybe u must meeting with ur admin & mods for get solution..
wat player want and wat u (scott) want.. so this game will be great, happy & cool

LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Fine dining Reply with quote

Ok first off. The point of a censor it to block swears, When players avoid the filter they are subject to being muted, kicked etc. Unfortunately the censor can't prevent one player abusing another. This again should result in moderator action.
Not everyone comes onto wi to hear swear words. I for one experience enough of them in my everyday life that I don't need any more in this R 13 game.

I won't kick someone if it's just Me and them in a room having a discussion either.

As you recall I was #1 a few weeks ago but decided to drop out of the leaderboard because, as you said, admins on the leaderboard is a controversial topic.

I play for fun now and I fail to see any problem with that.

Personally I don't think wi has a large enough userbase to constitute a forced splitting of main. But perhaps rooms could be created with the option of the censor being turned off for the first x amount of minutes (to avoid the uncensored room getting too big and inclusive of those who do not want the filter off, while still allowing small groups of people to use any vocabulary in a private situation.)

warkilla van java
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm this is like switching the main room and putting the registered room
On top of the room list. It wouldn't work anyway, once the player see more players in the other room they will start coming there and either one of the room is pointless. If they start coming to the uncensored room, more and more players will come and prolly some of them are kids that aren't supposed to see bad words!! So it's useless, I suggest that you might as well take the censor off and just use mods for spamers who spams in the chat continuously. Talking trash is just a part of them game and should be allowed, if players talking smack just let them and don't make mod stop dem cuz it makes the game more fun. It attracts more players.
Duc Van Java
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i started playin this game, nov 21 2009 there where 2 servers, It was Europe and US, so Why dont make 2 servers like bfore!!
One server for the evils
and one server for those Who thinks saints..
PS: we all have dark side inside us.!!!

Duc Van Java/Ducati848/Lstexille
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Huge Discussion Reply with quote

I for one, agree that the censor may be a little too much at times. Swear words can get your message across better than without them at times. If you know how to adequately utilize the dark side of the English language, then the theme of your literature can be much more subjective to understanding rather than not using them. However, most people in this game (and in the world in general) don't understand how to use swear words in a good way to get their point across. Most people in this game (and in the world) use swear words to initialize arguments, insult, and cause problems. For instance, coming out of a game that you just lost and telling the winner of you match, "F you," is completely unnecessary and is going to have consequences no matter where you are. Honestly, I would like to have the swear filter off more often, but knowing that that freedom will only be abused by someone who doesn't realize the glory and opportunity that they have turns me into a very hesitant state to do so.

What if private rooms didn't have a censor? Private rooms are used only by people who know each other and are closely acquainted. Admins don't enter private rooms anyways unless it is 100% necessary, therefore it would not be disrupting the main chat, but friends could still exchange thoughts in a meaningful way.

By the way, Val, I like how you are very generic and don't pull out specific names. Pointing a finger at someone only makes them more furious about the situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Van Java All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: