Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - End the Clan Monopoly
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

End the Clan Monopoly
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redscorpion
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: End the Clan Monopoly Reply with quote

It seems Warfare Incorporated has lost track of its original purpose in Clan Wars. We have developed a clan "monopoly". Two, to be precise.

Viet Pride and Van Java

A heightened sense of clan domination has recently developed, with an increasing number of lesser clans slowly deteriorating. Top players have no motivation or necessity to join a weaker clan, when they can simply converge to a dominating clan. We have moved beyond the proposal of Clan WARS and have evolved into simply a Clan WAR between two powerhouses.

This essentially ruins the spirit of clans.

Clan Monopolization must end to preserve the purpose of Clan Wars.
1) Limit the allowed number of members in a given clan at any time to be no more than 10.
-There needs to be a maximum number of 10 players allowed for a clan. The proposed number is the exact amount necessary to maintain a strong clan. 5 Clan Representatives, and 5 Clan Substitutes. Any more is simply excess and serves no purpose, except to limit the possibility of clan diversity and competition.

2) Require each clan to post a CLEAR, VISIBLE, and CONCISE list of all ten members in their clan.
-To allow a clan to qualify for clan wars, in addition to capping the member quantity at 10, each clan needs to post an announcement on their respective pages with a list of their 10 members, so that there is no ambiguity or misunderstanding as to who is a participant of the clan. As such, players may not claim to be in a given clan unless their name is on the list of said clan. As to who qualifies and is on each list, that is left to the discretion of the clan themselves.

I understand that we currently have clans exceeding 10 players, including the monopolies of Van Java and Viet Pride. This is not an attack on these clans, seeing as I have no clan, so my judgement is completely third party. To help restore the spirit of Clan WARS over Clan WAR, it should be necessary to cut your members until you have no more than 10, 5 representatives and 5 substitutes. It is depreciating the value of clan competition when there are only two major clans battling it out, with lesser clans to pick up the pieces. I hope that these suggestions may help Warfare Incorporated to revive Clan Warfare, by creating more diversity, and less of a single clan or two. The top 25 should not be divided into a few clans.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Black Fang Leader
Chatroom Moderator
Former Leaderboard #1

-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-•-~-
Blake van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.... Here are javas 10 members

1- berly
2-val
3-mole
4-rully
5-wish
6-brian
7-mat
8-war
9-me
10-duc

As you can see we meet your 10 member configuration rule, i for one however do not agree with it if players in the top clans wanted to end clan diversity they would be in one clan, also if you would like to take down the current top 2 best clans the lower clans would have to become better, whichthe reset will set us all to the same reflection of our skills, so that your so called clan monopolies are all equal however there is one point i will agree with on your arguement, it is ten players to a clan, but i would like to change that to 10 active members

Blake van java/IxxBLAKExxI/Biake van java
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand but viet pride and the javas alwasy had the best players even when boss clan was here. they still had more topplayers then all other clans.

you talk about "It seems Warfare Incorporated has lost track of its original purpose in Clan Wars. We have developed a clan "monopoly". Two, to be precise. "

but wasent red the one who brought "Lolz" "demon" and "wrath of math" together? or was it just a rumor that it was you? if it wasn't for red their would be 5 low ranked clans other then 3 low ranked clans that are still around.

some one posted that people just hope to the next coolest clan it seems that way but. no one really wants to take a risk and have to shut down their own clan (it feels real bad)

some one could step up and try to creat a new clan. but they don't have the spunk to keep it rolling. maybe cause their not like me I guess or something.

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Clan Reset Reply with quote

Along with the reset of the regular leaderboard, naturally, the Forum Clan Leaderboard must also be reset due to it being based off of an average rating. This should even clans out for a little while until the regular leaderbaord reestablishes itself.

If most players agree to your idea, Red, then the ten-player-per-clan-limit rule could be implemented in a way. I agree with it, and I will discuss among the other admins including Sub especially. Perhaps we can come to a rule where if you have more than ten members in your clan you can't be on the Forum Clan Leaderboard, but as stated before, this will have to be discussed first.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake you missed kempa in your list

"but i would like to change that to 10 active members"

yeah me to but if their not active then thats nothing I can do since they don't say they want to leave the clan. and imnot about to kick any of my members for not being active for a none paying game.

ducati isn't acitve cause he plays a few games so his points don't drop and mole and kempa and warkilla just came back into the picture how long do you think they will stay and rule and brain van java when was the last time you see them play. so what you are saying." but i would like to change that to 10 active members" brain and rull should be kicked out is that what you are saying Blake?

Write many strategy.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea since red joined all three clan together and now he has a change of hart. and what happens if we do go past our 10 member limit? are you going to quartine our clans for have a big clan?
Write many strategy.
redscorpion
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as who is on each clan's membership list, that is up to the clan itself. If Van Java wants active members or doesn't that is there decision. Of course having inactive members would be wasting a valuable spot.

I was involved in the "A-Team" - "Demon" merge. It was more of a last-second effort to prevent Demon from dying after Lawrence and trine quit.

Exactly. My proposal would only affect the Forum Clan Leaderboard. This is primarily designed for later, perhaps February, when a consistent leaderboard has been established. Regarfing bragging rights, to each his own. Wink

Black Fang Leader
Chatroom Moderator
Former Leaderboard #1

Blake van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also as wondy ssid van java and vp have always been top clans with fop players, and the members, leaders, and owners intend to keep it that way, so really the only thing that could happen to help "prevent these clans from further superiority" the lower players would have to step their game up and the lower clans would have to as well, i do not think it would be fsir however to cut the current clans for the members tried hard to get in the clan and it would be like a big smack in the face on week once you are in the clan to be forced out by red mods and admins and also some clans like clouds are beginning to make a name for themselves, if you want to reduce the authority from van java and viet pride you need new talent, training, and a few top players in your clan, now the current top clans were creates with the purpose of honoring top players and creating a "society" for them, they did that by setting their expectations high and being patient, many clans out their are beginning to bud, and if more came upthere would be more of a chance, what should happen is clanless top 100 players (maybe groups of 2 or 3 of them) should gt together create a clan amd stay active, recruiting and training as they go along however red's idea of 10 player per clan could be a probelm for some clans, because some of us have some inactive "shoes to fill" or so to speak, the point is basically if you would like to reduce your "clan monopolies" create more raw talent by training newer players

redscorpion
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
and what happens if we do go past our 10 member limit? are you going to quartine our clans for have a big clan?

I don't have a clan, so this has no effect on me.

And essentially, yes. There is no point in having a 20 member clan. All that does is create less competition.

Black Fang Leader
Chatroom Moderator
Former Leaderboard #1

berly van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZ.....
VAN JAVA have rules for joining = read my post..
van java active members only 7 (seven).
VAN JAVA have a Higher standar to recuitment and IDK how bout another clan..
so, dont be jealous with van java

Last edited by berly van java on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
redscorpion
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am proposing:

-No more than 10 members.
- A published list of those 10 members.

As far as who they are, that is the clan's decision. But if everyone joins one clan, then Clan Wars will deteriorate. Top players will simply be beating up lesser players.

Black Fang Leader
Chatroom Moderator
Former Leaderboard #1

Golden
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redscorpion wrote:

I was involved in the "A-Team" - "Demon" merge. It was more of a last-second effort to prevent Demon from dying after Lawrence and trine quit.

Didnt last long did it?
Out of all the "minor" clans i believe Demon has the most potential.

Also I think 8 Would be a better number.

redscorpion
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why eight? I chose 10 so that there are 5 representatives, and 5 substitutes, one for each clan rep.
Black Fang Leader
Chatroom Moderator
Former Leaderboard #1

Blake van java
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden wrote:
redscorpion wrote:

Didnt last long did it?
Out of all the "minor" clans i believe Demon has the most potential.

Also I think 8 Would be a better number.

8 would be a terrible number... That would limit any to all growth and or development of players

Golden
Very Active User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redscorpion wrote:
Why eight? I chose 10 so that there are 5 representatives, and 5 substitutes, one for each clan rep.
I understand what you are getting at but there are a limited numbe rof players as it is so 3 subs should be enough. There are at least always 2 always active players in a clan:

In demon it was Me and You

In java there are several

In VP wonderer and Sam

By decreasing it to 8 that increases the effieciency of making competition yet still is a solid number to hold up the reps

Last edited by Golden on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: