Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Return of Fox
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Return of Fox
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Return of Fox Reply with quote

Dec 13 2008: Taken down because of difficulty and instability. I'll move this to the mission authoring forum to take it off the list, but to still keep it around for historic reasons.

Version 27 - Final (Fix 7)

It's done! Very Happy

Description:
Fox has returned. Can ACME hunt down and kill him before it's too late? Play this campaign and find out...
Six missions!

Author
Evan Ovadia ( Verdagon @ aol . com )
Forum Name: Verdagon
Special thanks to the Warfare Mission Team

History:
First Mission uploaded on February 7th
Second Mission added on February 28th
Third Mission added on March 15th
Fourth Mission added on March 15th
Fifth mission added on March 21st
Final (Sixth) mission added on March 23rd
1st, 2nd, and 4th mission revamped April 22nd
4th and 5th mission revamped May 21st

Please enjoy this mission pack! And always, suggestions will be appreciated. Have fun!

Thanks!

- Evan

Last edited by Verdagon on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:49 am; edited 57 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikio
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Is it working properly now? Reply with quote

I downloaded it a while back, so maybe it has improved since then, but I kept playing this level, and after about 45 mins of game play, Jana still hadn't come back to the rescue!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the new version. It's true, an unfinished version was on my wilevels site, but i updated it about three weeks ago. If you downloaded it before then, it was unfinished.

Sorry for the inconvinience, try downloading it again! Hope you like it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've played this mission since version 2 or something, and every time it gets better. I like the idea of Fox replicating himself: very original! The odds were downright overwhelming before, but that's obviously changed.

That being said, I still can't finish the level! I know, I know. That probably speaks volumes about my skills as a player (or lack therof)!

Overall it's a very enjoyable experience, and I'll definitely keep playing!
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The terrain and scenery in this level are very well laid out, and look very nice.

On any new level, I like to explore first, to see what's out there. This meant that I found the soft underbelly of your base the very first time (lucky break!) and destroyed the Surveillance Center. I went on to win the level with just Andy. I never built a thing. Confused

Couple of suggestions, if I may be so bold:

1. Turning on repair for side 2 might stop Andy from running a rampage.

2. Add an action to a unit group to attack secondary targets after so many seconds. The first attack wave destroyed the Dominion and just sat there until Andy came back to kill them. Same with all of the other unit groups. Until Andy attacked them, (or the rescue teams arrived) they just sat there. That allowed Andy to draw off just a few units at a time and destroy them.

3. Another alternative to the last: add Andy to the kill list for any attacks. I've noticed that the default buttons never pick certain units (like Andy), and you have to click them yourself when creating the action.

Overall, quite a challenge!

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="crakerz"]The terrain and scenery in this level are very well laid out, and look very nice.

On any new level, I like to explore first, to see what's out there. This meant that I found the soft underbelly of your base the very first time (lucky break!) and destroyed the Surveillance Center. I went on to win the level with just Andy. I never built a thing. Confused

Couple of suggestions, if I may be so bold:

1. Turning on repair for side 2 might stop Andy from running a rampage.

2. Add an action to a unit group to attack secondary targets after so many seconds. The first attack wave destroyed the Dominion and just sat there until Andy came back to kill them. Same with all of the other unit groups. Until Andy attacked them, (or the rescue teams arrived) they just sat there. That allowed Andy to draw off just a few units at a time and destroy them.

3. Another alternative to the last: add Andy to the kill list for any attacks. I've noticed that the default buttons never pick certain units (like Andy), and you have to click them yourself when creating the action.

Overall, quite a challenge![/quote]

I thank thee for thy comments. I will make a repair thing, and I don't know how to do that attack thing. Can you teach me?

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Unit Group Actions Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
I thank thee for thy comments. I will make a repair thing, and I don't know how to do that attack thing. Can you teach me?
Sure, I can try, though I'm not sure you need it Very Happy Maybe this will assist others, if nothing else.

Unit Groups can have actions: Attack, Guard, Guard Vicinity, Mine (for Bullpups), Move, Set Switch, or Wait.

If you want to target a specific structure or mobile unit for so many seconds (how many is something found by T&E) and then another structure or mobile unit, then you would have several of these actions:

Move to area "Blue Base"
Attack nearest Headquarters owned by Side1 for 60 seconds
Attack nearest PowerGenerator owned by Side1 for 60 seconds
Attack nearest Bullpup owned by Side1 for 60 seconds

If the attacking force lived long enough, then after two minutes, it would be attacking Bullpups.

You could do it this way too:
Attack nearest Headquarters,PowerGenerator,Bullpup owned by Side1 for 60 seconds (or more)
Repeat Forever (the checkbox)

In this case, the force will attack the nearest unit in the list, and then go on to the next if no more exists.

Still another method (and by no means the last):
Attack nearest GatlingTower owned by Side1 for 60 seconds
Attack nearest PowerGenerator owned by Side1 for 60 seconds
Repeat forever

In this senario, the units would attack and destroy towers, then generators. If Side1 builds more, they will be immediately attacked, but nothing else would be.

You can also use the Repeat forever checkbox the create things like patrols:

Move to area "Checkpoint 1"
Guard for 30 seconds (or Wait for 30 seconds)
Move to area "Checkpoint 2"
Guard for 30 seconds
Move to area "Checkpoint 3"
Guard for 30 seconds
Repeat forever

This method is used in the very first demo level, actually. I've seen it used by SoLan and chiron to some extent in theirs.

You can do much same thing with the triggers, of course, and then some. Such as one that says if Side1 has no structures, seek out and destroy Andy. Hope this all helps somebody!
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your lesson, crakerz. it will definitely help me when i resume my WI levels... At the moment I am not working on them because I am caught up in my c++ experiments, but when I am done with them i will definitely use your techniques.

Thanks!

crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on your experiments! Which C++ software are you using? (I taught college C/C++ for a while, back a few years, wrote a few apps).
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm using my relative's copy of Visual C++. I'm having a lot of trouble finding out how to typecast... lol.

I just started about three months ago. I'm trying to make file inputs. Not working. Argh.

Anyway, a new version of the game is up, and im taking my site down. It was only temporary anyway.

Soon to be another level in the pack! Gonna be great!

Also, I'm renaming the mission. "Andy's Crash" doesnt sound too professional.

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news people! The new version is up, containing a new level after the first. It is extremely hard unless you have mad skills, so here's a few tips (for the second level!):

Make rocket towers ON TOP OF the bridge of the second river. Have Andy stationed nearby. It's OK if you lose the second river, as long as you dont lose the first river...

Anyway, please tell me if any of you have any problems. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

I'm very nervous about these levels going public. All the more people to criticize my maps. So I need em as perfect as can be, so any suggestions would be VERY appreciated. VERY.

Thanks everyone! Download the new version!

- Evan

Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... One day it's at 59 downloads, the next its at 200!!! Advertising my level at zodiac gamer really helped!!!!!
joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I cannot get this to load on my M515 -- I have tried everything (including the removal of other mission packs just in case there is a limit), and it still does not work.

Maybe I am just burnt out from testing the other missions (laugh)....could someone perhaps shed some light on this?

Thanks.
Josh
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to load it on an m515 here and see what happens. If it doesn't load I'll figure out why.
Donw35
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the new version and the second level did not come up after I completed the first.... ???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: