Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Please make a android version for warfare
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Please make a android version for warfare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3gs
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Please make a android version for warfare Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

What will it take to make a android version of warfare incorporated?

I have been playing W.I. since 2004 when it was on windows mobile. Well I also played it on the palm treo, then again on the iphone. But I have since got a android phone and its killing me not to have that game on my primary phone. Please can you make a new version for android????
3gs
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Warfare for android! Reply with quote

Everybody should go to spiffcode.com and at the bottom of the page, click contact@spiffcode.com Or just copy and paste contact@spiffcode.com and shoot an email to contact@spiffcode.com and tell them to make a android version! We have to get a good popular demand for warfare for android. Thanks.
LawrenceA
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the market for androids wouldn't be as big as you describe it to be. I see loads of iPhones but I don't know what an android looks like!
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolz u don't need to contact spiffcode, spiffcode is scottlu he already has heard this and u can just pm him.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have an Android version. Thank you for your PM, it is great to see interested Android users.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a proggramming tool that can convert programming languages Scott? If there isn't someone should make one.
mclear3000
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Add my name to the android cust list Reply with quote

I re-registered for the first time in years to simply say "android please!"

The few people in the forums who feel android is a fad and merely waiting to be killed by Apple have underestimated the power of a good, open platform OS. Any phone manufacturer with good hardware don't have to build their own software - they have android OS. The quarter that Apple released the Iphone 4, they had their best quarter ever. And Android still outsold it.

Fragmentation in the Android market with all those manufacturers using the droid OS was a potential problem that Google anticipated nicely. They added scaling code so developers don't have to manage screen size and resolution. And the marketplace automatically filters software that won't run on your device, so if you code to a specific minimum spec, you won't be seeing frustrated users wanting their $$ back because it doesn't run. If you developed for 1.6, for example, it would be compatible w future versions.

Per the April 2010 Mobile Metrics report, there were 8.7 million Android versus 10.7 million iPhone devices in the US, and 11.6 million Android versus 27.4 million iPhone devices world wide. With Android outselling Apple, how long before the figures flip? Pretty dramatic numbers for a "fad." True, apple iOS still has 80% of the mobile device OS market, but they have to count iPones, iTouch, iPad and all the rest to get to that percentage. Looking at only phones for the moment, Android is more than nipping at their heels in the phone market. And once we start to see serious pad development, they'll take a run there as well.

So, the customers are definitely out there, and I'd be the 2nd one to pony up the money. PLEASE RELEASE AN ANDROID VER! I haven't been able to play since Palm days, and I'm really missing WI.

Thanks!
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if he wants to reprogram the game for android.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: