Very Active User
Joined: 22 Jan 2010
|Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 pm Post subject: REDSCORPION'S GUIDE TO VICTORY
|The serious gameplay begins...a replicator is discovered.
1) You begin with eagles, rocket troopers, and guards. Leave them be for now. Move the dominion as far up as possible, and deploy it. Immediately build a generator, and build a processor. The ideal galaxite to harvest right away will be in the northeast corner.
2) Build 2 vts and a research center. Upgrade the vts and build 1 or 2 bullpups to harvest in the corner.
3) Send your guards slightly west to find another vein of galaxite. Save this for later. Send your eagle scouts south. Here you see odd triangle pads and a replicator. Step on a pad, and Jana will be shocked. After a minute or two, Jana informs you to place a unit on each of three pads. First, send your eagles to take one of each pad, preferably the two closest to your base. Send your rocket troopers to the one farthest from you, across the replicator from your base. In the meantime build up liberators with your 2 upgraded vts. 10 from each should suffice. Send them to guard each pad, with a few in reserve.
4) Once all pads are activated, begin replication of your units. OMNI has a base in the southwest, with many infantry and many towers. Replicate mainly liberators and a few broadswords, WITH FULL HEALTH. DO NOT REPLICATE UNITS WITH PARTIAL HEALTH. Both replications will have partial health, and money can get tight if you aren't careful.Â
5) Continue defending and replicating, and keeping a close eye on the western entrance to your base. Keep units in defense at all times here. OMNI likes to send many troops to attack here. You will also be attacked by weaponless OMNI troops, called raiders, which are currently unavailable. They will take over your buildings, so be careful.Â OMNI will not use the replicator, but they will come at you from all sides of it, mainly with infantry, eagles, and the hydra, which you also cannot yet build.
6) THE REPLICATOR IS YOUR FRIEND. On this map it is imperative to replicate, as money is slightly tighter and harder to generate. It is much cheaper to replicate rather than build from a vts.
7) Once you have a sizable army, at least 40-50 replicated units (newer players should consider replicating until "Unit Limit Reached" which is about double) consisting of broadswords and primarily liberators, attack the OMNI base. DO NOT EMPTY YOUR BASE. It is likely OMNI will avoid your troops and get a few to your base if you aren't careful. Always keep units to defend the replicator and base.
The easier route is to attack from the north of the base, which will be on the western side of the map. Send troops here, and destroy the base.
9) If your army fails, don't be concerned. It is likely if you are just starting out it will take another try. Just replicate more units and continue to attack. If money is short, head west and you will find a river crossing. Across is a large field of galaxite, only accessible from this river crossing. Harvest if necessary.
10) A hint to an easier victory is to destroy the bullpups which harvest outside of the base to the southeast. This will limit OMNI's resources and disable their army and repairing ability.
11) Once inside OMNI's base, focus your units on destroying buildings before units. OMNI will rebuild units, but not buildings
12) Maintain your defenses and continue to destroy OMNI to completion to win
Pyro Networking Leader
Black Fang Leader
Former Leaderboard #1