Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Hostage Negotiations
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hostage Negotiations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Hostage Negotiations Reply with quote

Negotiate the release of the hostages, or use brute force to kill the terrorists

Execute the hostages, or give demands for the cops to listen

NOTICE - THIS MAP HAS BEEN MOVED TO MINIPAX 2

Last edited by trineroks on Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 am; edited 9 times in total
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guise how can I perfect this map? Any suggestions?

I'm going to make this version 4player for sure, then ill update and make a 3 player Hostage Nego with 1 player cop, 1 player terrorist, 1 player hostage with 12 hostages

Give me some ideas on winning/losing plz

N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Full Name Reply with quote

Hey Trine, when you convert this map into two seperate 4 player and a 3 player maps, you shold get rid of the "(R, B, C needed)" part, and put in the full name. By the full name I mean have it say "Hostage Negotiations" instead of "Hostage Nego". I think some people may get confused or may not know what "Nego" stands for, I sure didn't. Btw excellent map; very origanal and addicting. One of my favorite maps so far. It can get a little boring as a hostage though Sad, especially if the the terroist knows the map well Twisted Evil . I don't know what to do about that though.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it easier for the Hostages to escape.
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im working on newer things for the hostages. and yes nate i will get rid of (RBC NEEDED). Ty for the comment too Very Happy

Brian - I will update the map. do not worry

demmit i need the kill trigger!!! I wanna make a bomb but with no kill trig... Sad

N@TE

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: More requests Reply with quote

After lookig over and playing your map a little more, I have found a few more things that should be added.

► Make it so that the cops know how much money they have given the terrorist when they donate money. Maybe have this apart of the money trigger, because you may reach the 40 trigger limit if each one is a seperate trigger. Example:
Conditions: Area 'agreements'contains AtLeast 1 Bullpup owned by Side1
Actions:
- Side1's Credits: Subtract 1000
- Side2's Credits: Add 1000
- Show alert "You have red $1,000."
- Wait 20 seconds
- Show alert "You have given red $2,000."
- Wait 20 seconds
- Show alert "You have given red $3,000."
- Preserve trigger

Just keep going on until you each $30,000. With trigger action copying this sholdn't be to hard. You may have to repeat the adding and subtracting triggers after every "Wait 20 seconds" action though. There should be some way for blue to know how much they have given red though. I know that alerts show up on everybody's screen, but having everybody know this wouldn't be that big of a deal. After all, what could the hostages do about it?

► When you are blue (cops), that annoying beeping of the money being added gets really annoying. Please use my suggested unlimited galaxite trigger. Or if you really want to be sneaky, you could just make blue think that they have unlimited money, when they really don't. Going back to my first suggestion, the first two actions are actually in the map. Here's what I say: get rid of the Subtract from blue (Side1), and make blue have $100,000. This way, blue thinks that they have unlimited galaxite because it is more than $99,999, and they never really lose anything. This would also remove the need for an unlimited galaxite trigger.

Well I hope these get put into the map soon! With some good updates like these this map could realy have a spark!

Last edited by N@TE on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback nate Smile much appreciated

there IS a problem with ur money trigger tho. First of all u didnt repeat give money to side 2, so u have to wait till the text goes up to "you gave red 30000 dollars. until u can give another thousand. second of all, what if u gave red 5000, stepped out, and went back in? then he would have 6000 but the game said he only has 1000

im thinking of doing a mission obj style warning every 10k until 30k
"red has 10,000" up to "red has 25,000" (as a warning for cops that teror is about to win)

ima add new win conditions too.

and as for the money, i actually thought of doing that, but since i made the trigger anyway i was too lazy to undo it lol

but then another thing: what if red keeps using money for more terrorists? and blue runs out of $?

N@TE

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: One more request Reply with quote

Trine, trine, trine, I said that you would get rid of the subtracting from blue action if you did the fake unlimited budget strategy. So in other words, blue would not gain or lose money. Blue would just be at exactly $100,000 throughout the whole match, beginning to end. But now that I think about it some more, maybe making blue have unlimited money wouldn't be such a bad idea. I mean if the terrorist has $100,000 worth of troops than he could probably just destroy blue anyways. Of course they are just guards and troopers, but it's still a lot. You get 3 Security Guards and 2 rocket troopers for $5,000. Therefore, $100,000 worth of units is 60 security guards and 40 rocket troopers. Saying the mobile unit limit is 88, that would be too many mobile units. I also realized that you would have to repeat the adding and subtracting tactions after each "Wait 20 seconds" action. You were right trine.

I additionally have another request that I forgot to mention in my first post:

► When all the live raiders get to the cops place they that side should win. This would be done through a series of 6 triggers. Here's what one would look like:

Sides: Side 3
Conditions:
- CurrentSide owns Exactly6 Corporate Raider
- Area 'defog house' contains Exactly 0 Corporate Raider owned by CurrentSide
- Area 'defog police' contains Exactly 6 Corporate Raider owned by CurrentSide
Actions:
- End Mission: Win
- CurrentSide allies with AllSides
- AllSides allies with CurrentSide

I say 6 triggers becaue you would have to have a trigger for each number of raiders except for 0. For that reason, on the 3 player version it would take up 12 triggers. Once again, this would be mostly trigger copying and replacing the 6s with 5s, then the 5s with 4s and so on. If you really wanted to get in-depth you could make it so that when they have an eagle they can keep playing. This would use the units owned with or without an eagle. This would be better, but would require the use of 12 triggers versus 6. At least the non eagle version should be done though because when you get all of your raiders home it gets really boring to just sit there and wait when you have nothing to do. Also notice those last two actions. I do that because that way when yellow or cyan have left and moved on from the game red can't come up and kill them. This request is not as important as the others, but it definitely should be done. Great map trine, don't want to go too long without it!

Last edited by N@TE on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol nate, i have just the solution

well, i wanted a revenge option for hostage. (like get a small squad of men at police station)

N@TE

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: disencouraging for red Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
lol nate, i have just the solution

well, i wanted a revenge option for hostage. (like get a small squad of men at police station)
That may make it so that red won't want to release hostages, in fear of them returning to kill. It would alter the game quite a bit though, and would make it more fun for the hostages and more presure on the terrorist. A lot of weird ending triggers would have to go into that though. It's your call, trine.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its about time hostages get some fun Wink

but yeah nate ur right too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: