Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - chat mods
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

chat mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do not excessivly cuss or deliberately bad mouth anyone for detrimental reasons or you will be muted (something like that)

I've said this a bunch of times. As long as people aren't cursing excessively, or at me or another mod, I don't mind it. Once in a while is fine, but when you guys take it too far is when we start having to do something about it.

Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBSHS wrote:
I've said this a bunch of times. As long as people aren't cursing excessively, or at me or another mod, I don't mind it. Once in a while is fine, but when you guys take it too far is when we start having to do something about it.[/color]

This is something that I've told players when I was in the chatroom today. I honestly don't care too much if some players can't avoid swearing as long as it's not used to offend other players and as long as it's not excessive. Now, some players may ask when swearing is offensive and when enough is enough, and all I can say is be true to yourselves and use your common sense. If mods deem players to be getting overboard for any reason, then that is when I will step in and remind the players that they are getting abusive, ask them to stop and if all else fails, then I will lay down the law.

I am a pretty laid back person both here and in real life. It takes a lot to test my patience but when I say something, I do it without hesitation. I don't just do things though. I always weigh the pros and cons first.

All I am trying to say is that to prevent any further arguments, with or without mods in the chatroom, people should learn to respect one another. If some anons won't stop bothering you, then mute them. Anons will be obsolete soon anyways. And also, if you feel the pressure of being told to stop cursing too much and feel like you're being singled out, the best solution is to just play more games. When you are in a game you sure can swear all you want, not that I'm advocating it, but you got more freedom in a gameroom. Besides, isn't that the main reason why people log on? The more you play the less you have to worry about getting warned, muted or kicked out by a mod.

Do you guys see the logic there? Another important thing that most of us fail to realize is that "change" is something that people seem to hate most of the times. Most people think a stricter rule means hell. People should realize that this is something new to all of us. We should all understand that it just got implemented and we are all still getting used to it. We are in the learning process which may take some time. I'd be a fool to say that no moderator has ever abused his or her power, whether it's consciously or unconsciously. Just like the players, moderators are also human beings that can lose focus and make mistakes. Lapse of judgment is nothing new. But the bottomline is that this will all work out just fine if we can all just get along and understand each other's situations.

Peace out!!!

kilik8880
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what brian said only in extreme cases should we mute or kuck

And for the record i wasnt trying to mess with the anons they were as a matter of fact nice to me i jus wanted to see who was in their

And what i said in the main room was a joke i didnt mean anything by it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: