Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - chat mods
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

chat mods
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: chat mods Reply with quote

their ha s been a lot more cursing since the a day ago.

the first time i was kicked out of a room when i was chat room where scottlu was having the chat session i guess i was to early and all the new chat mods where their and i got booted for being early? I don't now but since all chat mods where thier that means scottlu sent them a message telling them to be early. they should had made a privite room.

the bad thing is that every mod started saying they well and can mute all players and kicked out players and they did. you dont just mute players for no real good reason just cause you mute anyone does not mean you should

muting only causes more cursing and kicking only calls for more kicking and muting
i seen clan members and other none clan members bashing the mods and the mods telling them to stop or they well mute them or kick them out. while other players be bashing the players that are bashing the mods, nothing gets done about it. untill the player that is on the chat mod side gets muted bye some unkown mod. bye having that the both players that came back from being muted both asking who and why they either got muted.

since the mods are new im guessing scottlu never gave out a good description of what can be said and not be said and to who it can be said to. i seen the copyed and pasted that the mods have stashed away but it is too broard open.

you say no bashing but who said its bashing or not we can some what bash on each other but when we say a mods name we get warnings

no herasment but i tried to play a game and kilik keeped asking why i quit the bosses(like he didnt read the forms) he wanted me to explain my self so i did. and i was called a baby and told to stop crying cause i wasent a mod haha like i posted i wanted to be a mini mod.
you said no curssing but some players messed spelled word on purpuse and nothing gets done but other mods mute the player for almolst spelling the word. a mod said you can put ****** with the letter in front but some mods says you can't

the chat mods are just a new clan with all the hidden rules. just like what happen with BiT it wont stop.
just like the bit bashing more and more players well join a side and im on their side

so why im posting this topic so other players can poste thier disslike about the chat mods
and see what can happen
i say scottlu should have had program that stopped curse words and stop flooding spams
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somewhat agree with you. I also feel before you list the things (like no cursing, flaming, etc...) there should be "excessive" in front of it. No cursing, period, makes the game a little lame, and I didn't download a PG game, I mean how can you have a war game where you kill people, and then go and say no cursing, it's almost hypocritical. I think that mild curse words should be allowed and accepted, however, the excessive use of these words would then trigger the warnings and mutes/kicks to occur.

If someone comes in and says, that last game was bulls***...
I'm not going to mute them, because in my eyes, for this game, it's fine.
but if the come in and say, "that last game was f***ing bulls***, you're still a piece of s*** player...theres no way you could have won, you cheated somehow...." and go on and on and on, then obviously they need to cool off for a few minutes.

I logged on before as anon, and started telling, i think, doom to post a picture of something he saw, and nate and kilik jumped all over me. telling me to stop talking and that i'm only making matters worse. Then they muted me for 5 minutes. I didn't even curse.

Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the bottom of my hart thank you brain for not deleting this topic. it real shows some thing but i wont say.
bradleygrayson
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott or someone of knowledge needs to make a new thread of everything about the new update.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBSHS wrote:

but if the come in and say, "that last game was f***ing bulls***, you're still a piece of s*** player...theres no way you could have won, you cheated somehow...." and go on and on and on, then obviously they need to cool off for a few minutes.

omg yes brian i agree with you 100%. N@te told me that i should try to avoid even cussing to my friends, which i find kinda lame (no offense to you n@te if your reading this. You a great guy but you mods shouldnt be so critical about ppl cussing.) Only when they are deliberately trying to annoy players/put them down, thats when a mod comes in and intervenes

BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trineroks wrote:
BrianBSHS wrote:

omg yes brian i agree with you 100%. N@te told me that i should try to avoid even cussing to my friends, which i find kinda lame (no offense to you n@te if your reading this. You a great guy but you mods shouldnt be so critical about ppl cussing.) Only when they are deliberately trying to annoy players/put them down, thats when a mod comes in and intervenes

Yeah, not only that, but since we've been mods, I've you guys be more critical towards cursing. If it was that big of a deal before, you'd be saying something. I'm not saying don't disregard these things, but don't change yourself now that you have mod powers. You were obviously picked for being yourself, so don't start changing now.

Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should tone down tha rules jus a lil bit
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll get more crisp on this, and make a more detailed post. The mods are there only to stop abuse of other users in the chat room and should not get in the way of playing and enjoying the game.

We've had some chat room abusers, I'm sure anyone on MP has encountered these people. The goal is to significantly lower abuse in the chat room, that is all.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two anons made a room cause the got kick out of the main room and kilik wanted to go in their to mess with them. How are mods are able to curse and players can't, no other mod well ban each other. Just cause they say Jk at the end don't make it better. Mods should be held on higher standers then regular players. Anons are getting muted like crazy.

Every time they mute a player just brings two more players in his spot.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself type swear words every now and then but not to deliberately abuse other players. I'm pretty confident that most of the players will agree that I don't do it to insult or abuse others. Sometimes there are just certain expressions that need some mild cuss or common swear words. It's more of a joke or funny thing and not to offend people. I am who I am and I will never change just because I have been chosen to be a mod. I'm still human after all. The general rule that I follow is to not do unto others what I do not want done unto me. As a mod though, I still have to fulfill my duties which is to minimize abuse/troubles in the chat rooms.

Last edited by valicious on Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah umm chat mods making game more fun uhh no. Making chat boring? Yes. Making me want to do something else? Yes. Intercering with enjoyment of game? Yes.
trineroks
Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Yeah umm chat mods making game more fun uhh no. Making chat boring? Yes. Making me want to do something else? Yes. Intercering with enjoyment of game? Yes.

lol galm. scott what im saying is, you should change the rules a bit.

Do not excessivly cuss or deliberately bad mouth anyone for detrimental reasons or you will be muted (something like that)

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw it's cool Val as long as you can curse and no other mod well mute you it's fine naw it's great cause we on the other hand have to watch which mod is in the room or well get warnings hahaha or muted lollol

like diddy says "can't stop won't stop"
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: flaming Reply with quote

Also it doesn't mention flaming in the rules. Yes this is kind of obvious, but people testing your ability notice the slightest thing against it. I guess I should let up on the swearing rules a little. I say you can say any word as long as you use stars (*). Some people just got at mods on purpose though. Now that is irritating.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate said "Now that is irritating"

We do Nate lol it sucks when you get kicked out and you don't have time to take a pic before your forced to leave. You mini mods have it comming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: