Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Post your mission authoring enhancement requests here!
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Post your mission authoring enhancement requests here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Post your mission authoring enhancement requests here! Reply with quote

Hello Authors,

Please post your mission authoring requests here. This could include:

- Enhancements to M, the mission editor
- New triggers, conditions, or actions
- Visibility on how many iPhone / iPod Touch players are downloading your mission
- Rating system for users to rate mission packs
- More iPhone friendly discussion forums, to make it easy for users to leave feedback

Those are just some ideas. Please reply with your ideas, and suggested prioritization.

Thanks!

elamre
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More ipod frendly. I am only with my ipod on this site.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I've got requests - I'll start compiling the list.

Twisted Evil
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You asked for it, Scott! Wink

Idea A galaxite brush - just a tool that deposits one random piece of galaxite per new area while the mouse button is held down.

Idea The ability to export/import triggers, for repetetive triggers across several missions of a large campaign

Idea Large water features and a water tile!

Idea SNOWY TILES!!

Idea The ability to copy/modify unit groups the same way you copy/modify triggers.

Idea I'd like the "Increased Bullpup speed" research option enabled, please.

Idea The "Andy" and "Fox" units given generic names for "commando" missions - possibly combined into one unit. OR a third commando unit with a generic name.

Idea The building costs for units and buildings listed when they are selected, and the power output of the generators listed as well.

Idea More flexibility in the export process - if galaxite at 52,7 is on unreachable! then have the exporting process remove it, the same way it removes stacked galaxite. If scenery is out of bounds, remove it for me. The only time I want to be alerted is when a building is unreachable.

Idea For that matter, the rules requiring buildings to be "reachable" are somewhat draconian. If a player can build a surveilance center and surround it with generators so raiders can't reach it then why can't the computer?

Idea Specific purpose areas - I'd like a second area type that has defineable attributes per type. In other words, if I want to create an area that causes one side to ally with another (my "ambush" triggers) I only have to write the trigger once, assign it to the defineable area tile, and use that tile for the rest of the map for the same purpose.

Idea A line-of-site trigger condition for areas and units. In other words, a trigger associated with an area or unit group will, if given this condition, only affect enemy units within firing range of that unit (or if it's simpler just use the longest firing range, say of an "Andy" unit) It would make ambush and high ground triggers SO much easier to write!

Idea A mini-map! I frequently work zoomed in, and would like the ability to navigate in the editor with a mini map, the same as in game.

Idea LAYERS! Editing a map after areas have been added can be a real PAIN! Especially if you have to delete an area or two just to move a piece of galaxite on unreachable! when exporting. (sense some frustration there?) It would be such a huge qol change if I could turn the "Areas" layer off for situations like that!

Idea The ability to group tiles - if I make a nice land feature consisting of sixteen tiles like a crater or a mountain and have to move it I currently have to recreate the entire effect and move each tile individually. Note that this would be a non-issue if layers could be enabled.

Idea Alien ruin tiles. Icarus is a world formerly inhabited by an advanced civilization, and all they left were replicators? GIMME SOME RUINS!

Idea Fissure tiles! flows like a river, has no bottom!

Idea Additionally, I'd like stackable "cliff" tiles for the purpose of making REALLY BIG GARGANTUAN CLIFFS MUHAHA! Basically a selecton of "clifftop" tiles and a couple "cliffside" tiles that stretch down in harsh perspective.

Idea All black tiles to represent the bottom of an abyss - possibly for use with the cliff tiles!

Idea Night-time alternates for tilesets. Night missions would be COOL.

Idea A trigger action to "refog" an area.

Idea Increased limits on scenery - this game has gone beyond the palm pilot - an iPod/iPhone can handle more load on the processor.

Idea Can the grey (neutral) units be darker? I can't tell them from the Cyan (side4) units.

Idea Make Neutral (grey) a full faction! Give us the ability to specify side neutral units in the unit groups pallette and have Neutral side settings.

Idea Make pvars default to zero automatically if not already assigned. For example, if a pvar - let's say "score" is set in a previous mission and is intended to be added to across several missions, then it works fine so long as all the missions are played in succession beginning with the first one. However, if someone wants to begin on the third mission, then the pvar will come out negative. I notice that when you initially set a pvar in the triggers pallete, the default number is -1, and I can't help but think that if a pvar is modified without being set, then it's modified in the negative. SO if a pvar is modified without first being set in the triggers, I'd like to see the code set it at zero FOR you by default the moment it's called up the first time.

Idea Enable counters - whatever those are. Sounds like a cool concept that got eclipsed by pvars.
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more:

Idea Include the mini-map in the editing area boundary. You know how there's a boundary you can't put anything but tiles over? Well, it would be phenomenal if that boundary cut in where the mini map would overlay the level. That way no units or scenery would accidentally get placed below the mini-map, and we all know bad things happen when there's stuff beneath the mini-map.
dlamet
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Mission Editor Feedback Reply with quote

o Mac version or at least the ability to run under Parallels
o In the mission table <http://warfareincorporated.com/missions.php>
Add the date the mission was posted and allow a version number. How about showing ratings there?
o More tile variety (the more, the more interesting the map!) Devices are beefier now. They can handle it.
o More unit variety
- flying pieces (some for combat, some can carry units)
- bridges that you can build over rivers
o More map options
- new motif like snow
- large bodies of water, like a lake
o More story personalities. Currently, you can only use Fox, Andy, Olstrom & Jenna. Why not allow the mission author to create their own & save their own image into the level?
o The ability to hide. Currently, when enemy units come nearby, your unit automatically attacks. It would be nice to be able to change the mode so that the unit will not attack. Currently, you can avoid shooting by keeping the unit moving, but it's a pain. (Mainly applies to commandos.)
Ewindal
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An easier way to make Corporate Raiders attack?
Ewindal
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see some response on this topic.
elamre
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah me too, but scottlu is tooo busy with new beta...
Ewindal
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elamre wrote:
yeah me too, but scottlu is tooo busy with new beta...

Well, thats good =D The faster MP is released, the faster new players will arrive on the forums.
T-33 Lib
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like a "destroy" area so that units can spawn in one area, patrol for a moment then leave the map area, or convoys can travel through maps and your duty is destroy or protect them. Also, a refog ability as PhillipEarl suggested would do great for night missions.
Uncle SamX2
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Ok Reply with quote

I wish there was a way to test your map in editor to see if it dose what you wan't it to do.. Wink
alfex
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just post it to your own private URL.

Then access it using the URL option on the screen titled "DOWNLOAD ADD-MISSION PACKS". Tap Title and then "Custom URL..." will be at the top of the list of Mission Packs.

Tap Custom URL... and then tap the DOWNLOAD button at bottom.

You can then enter your custom URL to access your game and play it before exposing it to the world or WI players.

Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRO THOSE ARE SOME AMAZING IDEAS. -brian likes. Smile
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotkeys we need them!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: