Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Bug when Trying to make units move
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Bug when Trying to make units move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Bug when Trying to make units move Reply with quote

Their is a really nasty bug in the game. let me know how I can clarify it for you guys.

basically their are times when I will tell a unit to move and it will REFUSE to move to the point or near the point I instruct.

When it happens next I will note the map circumstances and location on the map.

the ground is clear. their is nothing their. the units simply will not go their. this is very aggravating and has cost me battles as I try to get the units to move.

I will try to gather as much detail as I can get and examples etc..

A few other issues/bugs I have found.

When units are moving they do not fight. in C&C they will at least "shoot back" as they moved by.

Unit self manageament is horrible. if I tell a bunch to move somewhere they do not "work" very well to get their especially if their is a bottle neck in which case I end up having to micromanage then to get them through. and if I get one of those "we won't go their" issues it creates a mess :-)

Suggestions of not great import but would be nice.

Miner management. it would be nice if they did not willing walk into enemy bases :-) maybe have them "react" to enemy fire by moving away from the enemy units automatically.

grouping or hotkeying. ESPECIALLY of more important units. like when you are the exo shell andy. sometimes I "lose him" and can not FIND HIM on the map. the game is still going so I know he's still alive Just can not find him. one time I kept playing anyway to see what would happen and in a few minutes I "stumbled" on him half way on the other side of the map in a corner with no idea how he got their. in the frenzy I must have "clicked" him their and did not realize it.

assigning an action button to select and move screen focus to at least the main character in missions like that would be very helpful.

Now for the good stuff. I just can't feel right posting bad stuff only :-)

the game is amazing. Very limited but amazing (I am confident the limited gameplay is being resolved)

the graphics are nice (although some units are hard to tell apart) I understand this is purely a resolution issue. IE simply not enough pixels to work with.

Considering you only have 480x320 to work with on my zodiac I am blown away it looks as good as it does. Great job guys.

Sounds are good music would be nice. will have to see how much "background mp3" slows it down.

difficulty is spot on for me. nice job. some missions are easier some are spicier to keep you interested and challenged.

Because of the games sever limitations (palm limitations ie not you guys) compared to pc games I appreciate the alteration of agression of enemy units. if they were as intelligent or as agressive as pc counterparts it would be VERY hard to work with inside the limitations of the pocket pda interfaces.

when RTS games get more complicated. better AI unit manageament and grouping etc.. become absolutely critical.

you guys balanced this out VERY VERY well in this game. I am really quite impressed.

When I realized I could not to nearly the things I do in C&C etc.. I got worried but you guys worked the AI to near perfection to help out with this.

I am VERY much looking forward to future updates and other expansions and games from you guys. VERY Impressive.

Finally an RTS I can take with me.

I am now just discovering how impressive this game really is. I am pretty new to pda's I had some in the past but they did not last long in my life and were not used for gaming.

I did not buy the Zodiac for gaming either but gaming is proving to be a very nice bonus. Especially with WFI to suck up my "spare" time :-) it is priving really addictive.

Just get the map editor and mission editor out their. making my own missions could work as a temporary "skirmish" workaround very well and DRAMATICALLY extend replayability.

You guys have so far done a truly amazing job with this game I hope to see more from you guys in the future !!

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
SNES350
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading that, I think you should start writing reviews for Zodiac Gamer etc.
Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew. ZodiacGamer 2 Die.

Nerys, try sending that to one of the spiffcode people.
nerys
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan too. I lost everything when I moved to my new zodiac (SD card slot problem where one slot would only read MMC cards :-)

so I had to start over. I copied all the files but my game saves and progress did not migrate with it.

so as I discover the problems I will try and remember where it happens etc..

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucky for you the spiffcode people read this forum. Well stated bug. I will look into it ASAP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: