Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Fun with Raiders
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Fun with Raiders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Fun with Raiders Reply with quote

I was having a little fun with my corporate raiders, feinting in with my Liberator/Hydra force and slipping a corporate raider around the ensuing brawl and into the enemy HRC, located right next to their VTS. My little feint turned into a sound thrashing with the addition of some extra enemy Cyclopes, and I was sure the rocket troopers I was building at my newly acquired asset would be picked off as they were produced. Resigning them to their fate, I scrolled the screen down to my base and proceded to bring my main attack force up. Imagine my surprise when I scrolled back up to see ten spiffy new rocket troopers standing SIDE BY SIDE with the prematurely victorious enemy tank squad! A few taps of the stylus and my new troopers were merrily blasting away at them. Here's my question: Why did the tanks not attack my troopers as they emerged from the HRC? Have I found a bug, or did they just not realize the Raider had taken the HRC? I've duplicated this on several missions. Not complaining, though, just curious. Truth is, I enjoyed the hell out of it! If it's a bug, make it a feature, I say!
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. I think that this bug might be a result of the logic in the game. I think that they way the units detect other units is when they move. So if they don't move, they don't get attacked. That's not the entire answer, but it probably has something to do with it.
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha sweet. Nice job Phil.

Thanks for the explanation claxbane...it's always nice to learn how the game works on the inside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: more Reply with quote

i know that on mission 8 i will repeatedly send a raider to stand right next to the processor just down from the NW corner, & that is with a liberator or hydra sitting there... i send it to stand immediately to the W waiting for the bullpup to enter so i can capture it...no matter how long it sits there it is NOT detected, also the generators when captured are NEVER attacked or captured back - only them for some reason so far as i can see... Wink Rolling Eyes Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: