Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - No more BiT?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

No more BiT?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: No more BiT? Reply with quote

I just noticed Scott deleted the BiT Clan forum, as well as the Scorpions. Is BiT gone? Was this a mistake? They lost a couple of members from getting caught cheating, but I thought they were still going strong.
subzero707
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a mistake.
sars
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New name new clan. just solo for awhile until I give the word to come back
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They request it, because everyone else would not stop harassing them.

No matter what they do, others were accusing them of various things. In other words, showing no respect.

They became frustrated, and asked that the clan forum be deleted. Note subzero, it is only hidden. I can bring it back if you decide otherwise.

To everyone else: please show respect for other players and stop accusing them of cheating. This post obviously won't solve the problem, because it is related to human behavior. Maybe we do need moderators on the servers like has been suggested, although Im not convinced that will help. Please post with your opinions.

Note: Scorpions are gone because no actual Scorpion ever showed up.

Edit: I moved this thread to the MP forum.

subzero707
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SARS I have no idea who you are.
subzero707
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Scott.

Moderators may not solve the problem, BUT it will help. I don't believe it's possible to solve the problem completely but I think it's a good way to start.

I believe we have covered already almost every possibility to this issue in other forums.

valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my honest opinion, I think that they should be given a second chance provided that they never do the same thing again in any other forms/ways. On the other hand, it's really hard to blame the players for hating them since they have all the reasons to do so. As for me, "forgiveness is a virtue." I've never had anything against any of the bit clan and I get along with pretty much any clan or players here, although pleasing every single player is an impossibility, but I try.

People should forgive BiT members but BiT members should learn from their mistakes and accept the repercussions. It's a never-ending cycle. No matter how much you will or have changed, there will always be some people that will never forgive you, so you must be prepared to accept and face that fact.

subzero707
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valicious wrote:
In my honest opinion, I think that they should be given a second chance provided that they never do the same thing again in any other forms/ways. On the other hand, it's really hard to blame the players for hating them since they have all the reasons to do so. As for me, "forgiveness is a virtue." I've never had anything against any of the bit clan and I get along with pretty much any clan or players here, although pleasing every single player is an impossibility, but I try.

People should forgive BiT members but BiT members should learn from their mistakes and accept the repercussions. It's a never-ending cycle. No matter how much you will or have changed, there will always be some people that will never forgive you, so you must be prepared to accept and face that fact.

"Accept the repercussions?" So in other words its ok to harass us in the chatroom or in games, or in forums? It shouldn't be tolerated.

I understand that it cant completely be controlled, but we need to act like adults and and quit harassing and blaming others.

After the point of being fixed is where it all shouldve ended. I tried to continue to play the game but still get harassed everytime i enter the chat. I tried to play ONE game with warkilla and i get harassed by an anon because its "score pumping". I didnt know that playing one game with someone in my clan would be "score pumping".

"Accept the repercussions?" wow......ok

valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was being positive and neutral at the same time and I was pretty much trying to encourage you guys to keep on going and show this community that you can change. I don't know why you are offended by it but you should have thought of it first before doing what you did. I get along with pretty much all your members subzero and you can ask them about that. If you still take what I said as something negative, then by all means defend yourself. But like I previously stated many times before, I have nothing against your members and as a matter of fact I have even talked to Warkilla and gave him some advise. Maybe you should ask your members if I got conflict with them. I get along with mole, kempa, warkilla pretty much all the players. All I'm trying to say is that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. After what's happened, do you expect all of these players to treat you like heroes? Of course they won't! And to expect the players to act like adults is a joke since most of the players here are kids so don't expect them all to behave well. Heck I've talked to a lot of "adults" here and at least half of them are ridiculously immature and outrageously rude.

But yeah, after this post, if you still think that what I'm saying is something negative or offensive, then you're entitled to your opinion. I do know that I'm only being neutral. I'm merely stating the "facts" and I have never, ever exaggerated whatsoever since I joined this fora (or like what most people say, forums.)

At the end of the day, it's still just a game...

subzero707
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I was being positive and neutral at the same time and I was pretty much trying to encourage you guys to keep on going and show this community that you can change."

Ok, we can do just about everything possible but no one is going to see that we have changed for a long time.

I have nothing against you Val, and yes I know that my fellow BiT Members are cool wit you. One thing that the BiT clan had was that we all talked to each other as friends. As a matter a fact I have phone numbers and emails of some so that we can stay in touch.

And yes your right about the Adult ordeal. I can't expect that, which is the reason why we need the Chat Mod. If the players can't control themselves then maybe we need individuals keep order.

WONDERER,

You talk as if you know what really went on. Your assumptions and accusing of what you said isn't entirely correct. I won't explain myself or explain what really went on because I don't believe you really need to know. But stating something as such, should be deleted.

Its posts like this that other players, new and old, will read and take in consideration, causing our clan to gain a higher negatively and harassment reaction in the chat room.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I want to talk about solutions, not things like "BiT deserves it" because of whatever.

It is not just about BiT, or just about clans. Players do it to each other. The question is, how do we stop the obnoxious behavior, for the good of all players?

It has been suggested that moderators on the MP servers would help a lot. Any thoughts on that?

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.

Last edited by wonderer on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
subzero707
Clan Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't ban an IP address because some use the same IP.

Example: 2 devices on the same router. It would cause problems.

(Like Scott said, stay with TOPIC)

N@TE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Deep apologies Reply with quote

Right now I'm really sorry I made this thread. I should have known it would just turn into yet another BiT arguing thing. This is really, really, sad. Just because a few members of a clan did a little "score pumping", half the community goes after the whole clan. This brings up new words: clanist and clanism, which is what a lot of this greatful community has in them. Sub I'm especially sorry for you, and I truely deeply apologize. This has turned into a big mess, with a bigger argument. Here's the thing: some of BiT did artificial scoring, and those members have paid the concequences by being quarentined from the leaderboard. DONE, END OF STORY. But NO, they still get a mound of çrap whenever they put a toe in the chat room.

I got my question answered, Scott or Brian can delete this topic.
And once again, I'm sorry to everybody, and Sub especially.

Last edited by N@TE on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
N@TE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Chat mods Reply with quote

scottlu wrote:
Hey everyone, I want to talk about solutions, not things like "BiT deserves it" because of whatever.

It is not just about BiT, or just about clans. Players do it to each other. The question is, how do we stop the obnoxious behavior, for the good of all players?

It has been suggested that moderators on the MP servers would help a lot. Any thoughts on that?
Okay well first off, the best way to stop cheating is to do Scotts no anon, one acct, chose if the game is scored or not rule. There's no way of cheating with this. It would be measured by IP and device. A device could go to a different IP, but only one account per device and IP combo. No other accounts could go on a certain combo of both. Next, I think 3-5 in-app chat mods would be good, as well as spamming and word recognition. Finally, I think Brians kick and color choosing would be good. These three things would be great add-ons to the game for the community.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: