Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - The neutral anon failure
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The neutral anon failure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should they give u some points?
Yes
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: The neutral anon failure Reply with quote

Umm something needs to change, and I say we use nates system of lose three pints or gain three points or what not. I'm sorry to bring this back but besides the fact that they can be annoying, they're useless! At least before it was worth playing them! Now everyone yells at them to leave.

Last edited by galm on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Keep it Reply with quote

Okay first off, at least say my name in that post for my idea, because it was my idea. Next, I'm going against my idea. They still get kicked out now, and they got kicked out before. The only difference is that before it was because of the lose, you lose 20 points, win, you get 1 point, and now its just that you get no points. I personally don't mind playing with anons of a FFA or 2v2, as long as there is only one of them. If it was the +3/-3 situation it wouldn't be that bad, but people come in as anons to trick other people. Besides that, if Scott's new policy comes in -which is having one account and being able to have a non-scoring game- there will be a lot less anons, and it will be a great alternative to anonization.
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmfao I typed mate instead of Nate I meant to give u cred.
N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Good Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Lmfao I typed mate instead of Nate I meant to give u cred.
Oh okay, I guess I didn't really think of that. So ayways what do you think of Scotts idea?
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we go with 1 account, and let you choose if the game is scored, that it may make sense to eliminate anon login all together.
N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Maybe not completely Reply with quote

scottlu wrote:
I think if we go with 1 account, and let you choose if the game is scored, that it may make sense to eliminate anon login all together.
I don't think that it would eliminate anon log in completely, for there are still the players that don't have IDs, and who really do want to be "anonymous", but it would eliminate a lot of anon log in, at least 80% of it.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant, it may make sense for me to remove the ability to log in anonymously (in the game).
N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Tough call Reply with quote

Some people may be in favor of this, some may not. Doing this would require users to be registered to play, which isn't bad, but is a major change in the game. This would also mean no more regustered room, but there's nobody ever there anyways, so I guess that wouldn't matter. Doing this would have no more hider IDs, which some people who have them would dissagree on this. I am personally in favor of this, but others may not.

This would be the ultimate way to stop future score pumping though. I can't think of any way to get past this if it was put in place. If it is limited to just one ID, then you could still do 2v2, or FFA with 3+ people, and in 2v2 have your friend as the anon help you out, so then you would get all of the points. In FFA, you and your anon friend could tram up and then you get all of the points. I guess you could still gang up on people in FFA, but If this was incorporated, someone would have to resign eventually on their one and only account, because there can only be one winner.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly... It would eliminate other kinds of score pumping.

I wonder though, if some otherwise anon players may not play, because they don't want to register.

N@TE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reg can't use anon Reply with quote

Maybe anybody who uses the device and IP for their account wouldn't be able to be an anon. This will enable the nonregistered players to still play, and the registered players to not cheat. Registering may not be availble to some people, due to parental contol, and we want as many users on this game as possible, but as few ways to cheat as possible, and I think that may do the trick.
delta1
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anons are good practice Smile. but it would be nice if they gave points Very Happy

Twisted Evil
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they gave points we'd have score pumping problems.
WarKilla93
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to fix the problem, remove the anon feature and add the feature rank and unranked game.

WarKilla93/WarKilla/-No Mercy-/WarKilla Van Java

-----------------------------
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if it was plus two minus two, then it would take hours of playing in a row to get anything really rank changing but it eould still contribute a little as a normal player and anons wouldn't be immediatly asked to leave.
N@TE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Still pumping Reply with quote

galm wrote:
Not if it was plus two minus two, then it would take hours of playing in a row to get anything really rank changing but it eould still contribute a little as a normal player and anons wouldn't be immediatly asked to leave.
Galm if it was my +2/-2 basis, than you could still cheat. Go to a place like Desert River Riches, wait for 3 min to pass, the anon resignes. You just gained two points. Saying each game is 3 min, and a couple seconds inbetween games, You could earn 10 points in about 16 minutes. Or if you can coordinate well, you could go to a FFA map with yourself and three anons, wait for three minutes to pass, and then have the three anons resign. This would most likely be done in-clan. You could earn 6 points per game this way.

I think that Scotts idea is perfect, and it would sincerallt stop all cheating. Anything else would leave a small gap for cheating, while this would close cheating behind steel doors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: