Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - We have to come to a decision
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

We have to come to a decision
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamlegend
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: We have to come to a decision Reply with quote

Hi

Finally these multiple Accounts of some players get annoying. Before you play a Gamer who has less than 50 Games, you start your Game in a different way unlike you play a Top Gamer. I think you guys know what a mean?!

For Example :

You play like someone with 30 Games ( Rating 1550 ) ...

Unlike with someone with 400 Games ( Rating 2000 ) ...

I think the people only make these accounts to play others Rating down ... thats very sick you dont know who the player was. There are at least over 65% of all account that are multiple accounts!

There must be a order, we've fixed the pumped leaderboard now we have to fix that problem. 1 Account per Device or maybe as alternative 2 Accounts. I know some Player are against this rule but guys just think of it ... all of us have had Problems with those guys who have multiple accounts ... there also multiple acc players who dont made them for score destroying but these guys are the minority ...

so just let me know what you think about it

iAmLegend
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One idea is to make the other accounts public. It would mean after a certain date, accounts used by the same device would be visible to other players. Brian suggested this would be visible from within the game.
kilik8880
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that so bad
galm
ForeRunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should have or account and a second account that only affects a clan rating , for instance Brian van java would affect the rating of te clan van java while BrianBSHS affects only leaderboard rating. But only those two accounts, and te leader of te clan would have to pm Scott or maybe a big mod to make their clan account work so there aren't faker. Clan leaders pick ur members well. Although if a member is trying to lower clan rating kick Jim out and make his games not count.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAO wrote:
Laughing
I'm curious to see how your going to stop ppl from having more than one account since each account is registered with different email address. you can block IP addresses but that tends to create more problems than solving it, like blocking other legit players from the same IP address area from playing.

Jao has a very valid point. When you are sharing wi-fi and/or devices with other people, then it would look like that person has multiple devices with multiple accounts. The problem is ip can actually be refreshed/changed and you can always borrow friends' devices to log in or play or just to chat and it will appear that you have added more devices. This will cause more chaos. If there is anyway at all to filter/identify specific devices and limit them to 1 or 2 accounts and deny them from logging in a third or other accounts, then that would solve most of the problems. But until then, this idea of letting all players see the ids logged on using a specific device or devices is just another main ingredient for disaster. I myself share wi-fi and devices with other people and a lot of long-time players already know this. So since my device has been borrowed by my cousin before and I'm not sure if he lent it to his friend, and I've also borrowed my friends' (3 or 4 I think) devices before mainly because my battery was dying or it was not available at the moment, it will show that I've used devices before and that they've been used by other id's. To new players this will look like I cheated or so. Sure veteran players can attest to my legibility, but again, the new players or noobs who don't know me well (sorry for the term guys) will think the opposite...and then the name-calling and accusations begin again.

In the end, if you can identify a certain device permanently and only allow it to let you log in 1 or 2 players, I don't think I'll have a problem with that. I just hope that this solution has been thought of thoroughly before deciding to implement it.

I am certain that after this post there will be new players that will accuse me again. I do hope somehow that those who have witnessed my skills will still be there to clarify everything and still support me even though I no longer play as often as before.

JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: We have to come to a decision Reply with quote

Maybe we can have a "Tier" or Divisions of Leaderboards. I.e. Like a Division I or II College sports. Division I, would be the accounts of 200-499 games or more, Division II would be 199 or below, and possibly the Super competitive players with 500 games or more.

Only accounts with enough games played can play each other.
iamlegend wrote:
Hi

Finally these multiple Accounts of some players get annoying. Before you play a Gamer who has less than 50 Games, you start your Game in a different way unlike you play a Top Gamer. I think you guys know what a mean?!

For Example :

You play like someone with 30 Games ( Rating 1550 ) ...

Unlike with someone with 400 Games ( Rating 2000 ) ...

I think the people only make these accounts to play others Rating down ... thats very sick you dont know who the player was. There are at least over 65% of all account that are multiple accounts!

There must be a order, we've fixed the pumped leaderboard now we have to fix that problem. 1 Account per Device or maybe as alternative 2 Accounts. I know some Player are against this rule but guys just think of it ... all of us have had Problems with those guys who have multiple accounts ... there also multiple acc players who dont made them for score destroying but these guys are the minority ...

so just let me know what you think about it

iAmLegend

N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: IDs Reply with quote

valicious wrote:
JAO wrote:
Laughing
I'm curious to see how your going to stop ppl from having more than one account since each account is registered with different email address. you can block IP addresses but that tends to create more problems than solving it, like blocking other legit players from the same IP address area from playing.
Lol think you could make it more noticable Val? The way I see it, we have quite a few diffeent things that can be done; lets see if we combine them all.

Two IDs for playing, one for the forums. I think most people would prefer two IDs, and that would fix a lot of problems, and maybe even furthermore slightly prevent cheating. As for the forums, polls are useless as of right now, because of multiple IDing. Having one ID per person would make polls usefull again.

Make it so you can see everybody's IDs. There should still only be allowed two IDs per person, but I think that we should all be able to see each others IDs, let it be on forums, in-app, or both. At least make it so that you can have the people that want to share their other IDs have that option.

Sencing whos ID is whos. With each player having one or two IDs, it should be senced by what device they use the most, what IP address they use the most, and what device and IP the account was created on. This way, the server would know if you are using someone else's IP and/or device, but still be able to do so. When I say "most", I mean 75 or 80% and higher. Why the second part with IP and device the account was created on? Well this would mostly be used in the beggining of created account, so it still has information about the user until it can get the device and IP it uses most. I suppose that would be 10 games, and and whichever device and IP it used 8/10 games it would count as most. When switching IP addresses or devices, you would have to let Scott know, or maybe fill out a page with your new IP and/or device.

The bottom part may be a little confusing, so let me know what you want clarified.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So help me out what would happen if:

wonderer was created first on my itouch.
wonderland was given by another player hehehe. So it was created bye another ip adress
Archangle was created on bye a iPhone and played some times On both devices.
I just created a new account a few weeks ago.

Let me choose my two ID's if it comes to it.

Jao said "Only accounts with enough games played can play each other."
that won't work I hate alwasy playing the other players map.
Idea if theirs 3 or 4 leaderboards like jao was saying and after a so many maps they well be moved to the new leader board.
So 200 maps played D-leaderboard
so 400 maps played C-leaderboard
so 800 maps played B-leaderboard
so 2000 maps played and up A-leaderboard

So if I'm on the B-leaderboard I'll lose less of a percentage if it's to Jack van java who is on D-leaderboard. But if I win I'll get the regular amount of points. Until he plays more maps he won't be able to hurt my rating that much. And if I play warkilla we well lose the regular amount of points.(maybe the number of maps should be changed :-/ )

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
N@TE
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: IDentification Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
So help me out what would happen if:

wonderer was created first on my itouch.
wonderland was given by another player hehehe. So it was created bye another ip adress
Archangle was created on bye a iPhone and played some times On both devices.
I just created a new account a few weeks ago.

Let me choose my two ID's if it comes to it.
When two of the same IP and devices are the same, that would count as one person. So if you use your iPod for two accts on the same IP address that would count as one person, even if the iPod is only used about half the time. As for the wonderland thing, that is kind of irrelivent since you would only be able to use two anyways. So yes, I suppose there would be loopholes around this system say, if you used 1 ID on an iPod and one on an iPhone, and it's the same person.
Da Dealer
Chat Mod Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk how you could do that.
sars
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow people need help too
JAO
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this topic is getting ridiculous with trying to CONTROL what, when, and where people can play or with whom. It is like telling people to stop breathing.

Laughing

for it's highest cost of $5.99? I blieve I paid that much, I got my $'s worth out of it long time ago. There are far more expensive apps out there or even cheaper ones that are totally useless and worthless that I never use after buying it.

I can understand, we are trying to improve the game to be more fun, but lets not complicate things.

Jack van java
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wat is now with the 2 acc rule per id???
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post a proposal in the next day or two on the 1 ID per device plan, to get discussion and feedback.
Jack van java
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: