Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Problems with artificial score pumping
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Problems with artificial score pumping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasen't someone saying that we where going to have something like a clan scoring well it still work with onE ID pushing out points maybe one clan won't use all of their main ID against a better clan?
being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
Wasen't someone saying that we where going to have something like a clan scoring well it still work with onE ID pushing out points maybe one clan won't use all of their main ID against a better clan?

I don't want my score to be affected by others in my clan, I'd rather do my own thing and suffer the consequences or rewards, that way if my score sinks, it's my own fault and theres no blame being passed around. I just see tensions running high, then one rogue clan member tanking the clan account and leaving. It would be bad IMHO to have clan scoring.

WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is important that it is automated. I will do this, in the short term:

- create a way of determing if a game is score pumped (with high liklihood). These games will not be scored.
- use this same mechanism to go through historical games, and adjust scores of those who have score pumped. It won't be pretty for score pumpers.

This is much more fair than manually adjusting the scores of some offenders, because it applies the same standards to everybody.

BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you state the parameters as to which the games are altered, that way you aren't liable when people come crying, OMG NOEZ MY GAMZ ARNT BEIN SKORD, TEH GAME IS BROKD. You can just respond, READ DA RULZ, N00B.
Chief Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Comes with wars Reply with quote

BrianBSHS wrote:
wonderer wrote:

I don't want my score to be affected by others in my clan, I'd rather do my own thing and suffer the consequences or rewards, that way if my score sinks, it's my own fault and theres no blame being passed around. I just see tensions running high, then one rogue clan member tanking the clan account and leaving. It would be bad IMHO to have clan scoring.
This is something that would come with clan wars. When you fight another clan in a clan war only, the clans score would be affected. Since there aren't clan wars yet, this would be irrelevent.

As for policing, look at my post as a responce to galm's. It's on the middle of page 4 of this topic. That is the way I feel about it, and probably what would happen.

BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Comes with wars Reply with quote

N@TE wrote:
BrianBSHS wrote:
wonderer wrote:

This is something that would come with clan wars. When you fight another clan in a clan war only, the clans score would be affected. Since there aren't clan wars yet, this would be irrelevent.

As for policing, look at my post as a responce to galm's. It's on the middle of page 4 of this topic. That is the way I feel about it, and probably what would happen.

You sound pretty sure what's going to go down, OH psychic N@te, "what will they think up next?"

Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a chat thing to tell use who's typing were and a poste update. I hate waiting to see what's nexted.
Write many strategy.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer wrote:
We need a chat thing to tell use who's typing were and a poste update. I hate waiting to see what's nexted.

You mean like the multiplayer chat rooms Scott has installed in the game? and I was making a reference to the fruit rollups slogan.

Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooook brain you got me their I'm lost:-/
Write many strategy.
N@TE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Comes with wars Reply with quote

Quote:
You sound pretty sure what's going to go down, OH psychic N@te, "what will they think up next?"
Hmm let's see here…I've gotta put my hands on the shiny shere in the middle of Brian's glowy avatar. Ah yes…we will all be driving all-electric cars by the year 2040.

Okay enough with that. Wonderer please expand what you are saying. I don't think many people understand.

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a chatt room on the forms but well make a noise if someone types.
Write many strategy.
N@TE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Oh…ok Reply with quote

Alright now I see what your saying. You want to see who's typing and on what forum. You know that towards the top of the page there's a thing that says "Users browsing this forum" right? It lists all users that are currently looking/typing on the forum. Btw this is WAY off topic from the origanal topic.

Now, back to that. It seems as though it will be really hard to track those cheated games. Different maps have different game lengths and unit kills. I also feel like it will be very hard to make something that slightly resembles an opinion into automation. Hmm…what to do, what to do…

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will work statistically. If player A consistently beats player B when using a certain name, but consistently loses when using a different name, the winning game is likely a score pumped game. This can be calculated to a percentage liklihood. If the liklihood is above this percentage, the game is marked score pumped. Yes there may be false positives.
valicious
Die-hard Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at the leaderboard and all I can say is just "WOW!" No offense but have they really gotten that good to surpass Berly and I in less than a couple hours? I must be really rusty because I remember beating all the top players fair and square but I didn't know that some players could be that good over such a short period. I'm not naming names because it's just not my style but wow, just wow...
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val, you can consider the leaderboard broken right now, because of this. I am in the process of fixing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: