Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Problems with artificial score pumping
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Problems with artificial score pumping
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
girlie.
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know what the problem is. We all know that bit clan members are boosting their scores artificially so scott mustshould just reset or cancel their accounts involved in this cheating. Resetting the whole leaderboard wont fix the problem. Its like picking 200 flowers because theres 6-10 of them that dont belong there and it makes for an ugly sight. You get the point, hopefully.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No girlie, you don't know what the whole problem is. It is much more wide spread than you know. And the remedy must be a solution to the problem. Me policing it is not a solution, for a couple of reasons:

- policing doesn't stop the problem, because it doesn't prevent it from happening. Therefore many people will continue to cheat in the way described.
- even assuming all the cases could be reported, I can't be a full time policeman.

The solution *must* prevent the cheat from being possible. That will solve the problem. That is what I am seeking, and is why I have opened this thread. Either we come up with and agree to a solution that prevents this problem, or it stays as is. Please join in the discussion to help come up with a workable solution.

scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another proposal:

- Players choose one ID that gets scored. Players can have other IDs if they wish, but they will not get scored. If you want to switch to another ID for scoring, the original gets reset. There is a special indicator TBD on the ID if it is a scoring ID.

- The only games that get scored are ones between two scorable IDs (1v1 games only). Games that aren't 1v1 won't get scored, to prevent the ganging up cheat.

- The current leaderboard will get archived, and a new leaderboard would start.

kilik8880
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the first proposal scott but the 1v1 games?!!!!!

Don't do that, that is so not cool.
The ganging up isn't a "cheat" it is just a very dirty way to win which isn't benificial for the ppl ganging up because, well let's face it somebody has got to lose.

And some times the ganging up isn't intentional it just happens.

PLEASE DONT DO THAT
girlie.
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott its good idea
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the single scorable account. It causes more havoc within the game. It's going to be an anon that you can just log into again and again. Ni thought we already tried to get rid if the anons once before, let's not add another section for them. I'd prefer just logging each ip address when you login. So if I login with BrianBSHS and Brian van Java. People can pull up a menu that can pull up my other Ids. Each I'd would have to be logged more than once, because you could let your friend use your device once and then everyone will think you're the same person causing even more unneeded drama.

It would look something like this.....

( give me a few minutes )

Chief Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with kilik ganging up isn't a cheat

Scott I like your ideas but the 1v1 games rule... it would suck if 2v2 games or FFA didn't count Sad

wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe be for boosting points scottlu could rest or delate ID's and if it happens again the he could do it every so often. So lie every one or two months he push the button. What girlie was sayin about protesting it won't do a dang thing. Just boost points if you want or get up their the old way I'm doingright now.

To show these weakass toplayers how's it's done.

Just rember girlie they are the bad guys for cheeting. Where the good guys. At the end of everymovie the badguy dies.

being leader of viet pride.
Being the second highest poster on this forum.
Write many strategy.
Helping people and making people laugh.
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBSHS wrote:
I don't like the single scorable account. It causes more havoc within the game. It's going to be an anon that you can just log into again and again. Ni thought we already tried to get rid if the anons once before, let's not add another section for them. I'd prefer just logging each ip address when you login. So if I login with BrianBSHS and Brian van Java. People can pull up a menu that can pull up my other Ids. Each I'd would have to be logged more than once, because you could let your friend use your device once and then everyone will think you're the same person causing even more unneeded drama.

It would look something like this.....

( give me a few minutes )

Once you hit "Ping," a list of all of the members currently in the chat room pops up. Each name then becomes a button, or a hyperlink to their own ping page. Once you click on a name, in this case, mine, the second window pops up, and shows you the player's name along with the other accounts that have been played on that device. I also thought, while finalizing the image, that there could be a third menu box saying the percentage of the total times logged in for each account. Say I used both accounts equally, it would say rank: 4, points: 2100, percentage: 50.

If you guys like that idea, i'm going to throw this out there as well, I prefer percentage over the actual amount of times they logged in because the more times you log in with that account, the more of a loser you look (and you know i'm right). Not only that, the numbers would get high and become less desirable to look at.

Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaa idont think my 2ndgen itouch can handle all of that. Razz
Write many strategy.
wonderer
Let The Truth Be Told

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how hard it is to rest their points since he nows already who's doing the cheating. If they do it again then rest the 3rd time well be delated or they well have to explain them self real good.
We don't need new thing so we can look at. Going on 6 pages of nothing going on. This is only a place to spam about nothing. If you want to talk then send through the privite messaging.

Write many strategy.
scottlu
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderer this is not a place to spam about nothing. I wouldn't of made the thread if I wanted to waste time spamming. And please limit you posts in this thread to constructive contributions, not complaints.

As I was saying previously, knowing who the cheaters are doesn't fix the cheating. I want it fixed so it is not possible. Secondly, I will adjust the scores of those who have cheated, it is only fair.

BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, not a single thing said about my beautiful work of art. That box is exactly proportional and centered horizontally and vertically by the way. That's why it looks so well done and pleasing.
WI Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian, thanks for your posts and proposal on IDs. I hear you about non-scoring ID being like an anon id. And, I think your idea of making alternate IDs viewable by others is interesting, I will think about it.

I still need a way that score pumping can't occur. One ID would solve the problem. I know you want 2 IDs, but that doesn't solve the score pumping problem.

BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottlu wrote:
Brian, thanks for your posts and proposal on IDs. I hear you about non-scoring ID being like an anon id. And, I think your idea of making alternate IDs viewable by others is interesting, I will think about it.

I still need a way that score pumping can't occur. One ID would solve the problem. I know you want 2 IDs, but that doesn't solve the score pumping problem.

I know you don't like the idea of policing because it doesn't solve the problem, and I understand completely, but something is better than nothing. I feel that if someone provides sufficient proof of a score boost, that all you have to do is post saying that "It's being taken care of," lock the thread, and reset his rank.
Atleast, then, you have the angered players off your back, and you have a calmer environment to work with. If nothing else, it will at the very least, buy you more time to think of a more permanent solution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Multiplayer Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: