Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - WWBI Multiplayer Support needed
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

WWBI Multiplayer Support needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
copasetic
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: WWBI Multiplayer Support needed Reply with quote

(Wireless/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/Infrared) Support would be wonderful. I am quite hooked on my (over the air) Wireless Multiplayer games Very Happy

(Oh yeah and my Kyocera 7135 could use some sound still, *grin*)

Last edited by copasetic on Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, multiplayer would make it really good! Approximately 12 times better, according to past rations with starcraft or warcraft(s).

Remember the starcraft single player missions? They were great!
See the warfare incorporated missions? They are awesome!

Remember when you got bored of SC single missions? What a drag!
Foresee when you will get tired of the WI single player missions? You shudder at the thought!

Remember when you first tasted battle.net? SC was suddenly 12 times better!
Wouldn't it be cool if multiplayer could come to WI? It would be many many more times better!

Just thought I'd reinforce your statement, copasetic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mexz
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beta for this has started if i'm not mistaken?
(See General Discussions)
copasetic
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, I forgot to tell you I can't read (hehe), so I didn't even think to look.
Plus I am not in beta, unless they need someone to help with 7135 (I was the one reporting the buggy sound)

Seriously though, I have a few wireless (over the air) multiplayer games, and they are truly amazing, even at my slow 14.4-ish speed. I don't use the internet enough on my phone yet to justify the high speed access. But there is very little lag, and I am always looking for more of them. It might be a bit much for WI to keep up with, but I bet it could be done.

Maybe there is an online class on how to read? Maybe I need one on how to pay attention. Why was I here again? I forgot. I used to think I had ADD also, but I forgot what it meant, sigh. Oh well, at least I can hide my own easter eggs Razz
Mexz
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

copasetic wrote:
bah, I forgot to tell you I can't read (hehe), so I didn't even think to look.
Plus I am not in beta, unless they need someone to help with 7135 (I was the one reporting the buggy sound)

Seriously though, I have a few wireless (over the air) multiplayer games, and they are truly amazing, even at my slow 14.4-ish speed. I don't use the internet enough on my phone yet to justify the high speed access. But there is very little lag, and I am always looking for more of them. It might be a bit much for WI to keep up with, but I bet it could be done.

Maybe there is an online class on how to read? Maybe I need one on how to pay attention. Why was I here again? I forgot. I used to think I had ADD also, but I forgot what it meant, sigh. Oh well, at least I can hide my own easter eggs Razz

I just e-mailed Handmark/Spiffcode because i wanted to be in the Béta.
Now waiting for an answer Wink

Most Multiplayer games just send text over to the other device to give coords from the oponent etc. This makes the games playable on slow connections.

But if you will be given the chance to Download custom maps (see the comming map maker béta announcement) from the other PDA, you'd better hope the maps are small Wink (i dont think maps will be that big so that wouldnt be a problem).

About you not being able to read: Try going back to school, or watch TV with subtitles and "Try" to understand Wink

Max

[edit]
Why is the quote area so dark in the default template? Smile
[/edit]
copasetic
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Dream Big, why not? Reply with quote

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of a few existing (pda based) internet games, with the option to host on a particular device (as most of the muliplayer games I have do), or join another (by entering the IP of the PDA you want to join the game on.
An alternate could be this: How about a stand alone server version you could run on a workstation?. This way, however you wanted to connect to the internet (wireless/BT/Wi-Fi) would be up to you. It also could monitor connections, and pause the game if one or the other went offline (linkdead), or lost signal (Hey, we went into a tunnel, I hope I don't die), or the phone/pda rang (I still can't get why some folks don't have that little feature included), etc. I use a separate workstation for my gameserver for those I want to host, as it can take some horsepower away from you if the game is busy. You could with a stand alone server, even host a few players (more than just 2) online at once, and it would free up slower PDAs to keep up better with effects and so on. I know that for PC based games, most have a freely distributable server executable, OR the particular game publisher offers their own servers for people to join (this would cut down on security and cheating, but take more expense on the part of the company). Just a thought Smile
Mexz
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penreader.com: Rifleslugs-W

Thats the game what does what you want.
Multiplayer using IR, BT, Internet (works like a charm btw.)

But i understand why you want it, and yes it would be cool.
Still i think we should do this one step at a time Wink
copasetic
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mexz"]Penreader.com: Rifleslugs-W

Thats the game what does what you want.
Multiplayer using IR, BT, Internet (works like a charm btw.)

But i understand why you want it, and yes it would be cool.
Still i think we should do this one step at a time Wink[/quote]

Thank you, I will add it to my collection (the list is growing, there are quite a few of them) I just had this strange notion of inviting a few friends with PDAs over for a...a...*strains* BlueTooth party (Gahh, I said it) o.0 (heehee).

Seriously, I just don't know that many local people that I could get together in the car or at the office for long enough to play an entire session of WI, much less battleship. Infrared might be nice at the lunch table, but again, it will take a bit longer that I usually have for lunch. I was actually being more realistic than dreaming Smile Internet means we could have a go at it where and whenever we wanted Smile, and I know more with internet than have bluetooth (BT+net that is)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: