Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Blank Screen when exiting game
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Blank Screen when exiting game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blup
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Blank Screen when exiting game Reply with quote

I just bought the game a couple of days ago. Everything was fine with the installation of the game onto my Desktop. Then "HotSyncing" it to my PDA had no problems also. When I first played the game on the PDA, everything was fine.

Then when I had to exit the game, my PDA went blank. When I turned on my PDA, the game was still running in the background. I went to the Windows "Active Program List" and tried to stop the program, but it would not allow me to and still remained. Then when I tried to remove the program from my PDA, it stated that there were 2 files still in use that I had to close...

/Program Files/Handmark/WarefareInc/gx.dll
/Program Files/Handmark/WarefareInc/Warefare Incorporated.exe

The problem with this is that I can't close the files. I tried closing it many times, but it still remained in the "active program list".

I tried a bunch of other things, but the only way I can deactivate this game is by using the reboot function on my PDA. Since I got the PDA last week, I am reluctant to enter in any information, because I do not want to have to reboot and have some of my files turn up missing. Plus, when the program is running in the background, it is draining my battery when I do other things.

The PDA is a HP iPaq h5555 with nothing installed in it, except an updated firmware from the HP website. However, this problem happened before and after the firmware upgrade.

Please help. Thanks!
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interesting bug. I'll look into it and get back to you as soon as i know a little more. Does this always happen?
blup
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. When the game was installed for the first time, this would happen about 60% of the time. Now that I have removed the game from both the desktop & PDA and re-installed it, it only happens about 10% of the time.

Another thing that I have noticed is that when I exit really quickly out of the game, the blank screen would happen more often. What I mean by "quickly out of the game", is right when the screen comes up that shows an "exit" button, I tap it right away. I don't know if this would be a cause of anything, but now, I would go the the screen with the "exit" button and wait 15-30 seconds, then I would exit and everything would be fine. So far, the blank screen has not come up when I use this technique.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good insites. We're looking into it.
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In talking to the developers this is the only known case of this bug.
I am curious to know if anyone else who reads this forum, has this device and a similar problem. Is there any chance that you have any skins running, or anything that might be different about the h5555? We are trying to narrow down what elements could be causing this specific problem.

wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

has happened to me about ten times - on average about every 5 or 6 times i play - recently lost half of /Storage Card/My Documents also...don't know if it's related but it has NEVER happened before or since & i have a 1GB Lexar & have experience with pda's going all the way back to a 32 kb Casio in '83-'84 which cost me FIFTY DOLLARS then!!!
often i have to soft-reset 2 times to get it right...scary man Sad Shocked Shocked

claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you playing the full version of the game? It would be a great help if you would answer as many of the questions as possible in the post right above your most recent one. We are trying to determine what might be triggering this.
Any information will be a great help.

Thanks

wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claxbane wrote:
Are you playing the full version of the game? It would be a great help if you would answer as many of the questions as possible in the post right above your most recent one. We are trying to determine what might be triggering this.
Any information will be a great help.

Thanks

no, i did not ever have to close any separate files, gx, dll etc. & yes i have the full version of the game, for over 3 months now i think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: