Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - can we get a pc version of this game?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

can we get a pc version of this game?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: can we get a pc version of this game? Reply with quote

ditto Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy any plans for this scottlu?
gstrand
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this until it comes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3064043949&category=41067

-G
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point no conclusive decision has been made. You may be encourage do know that it has been discused.
wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: sounds good :O) Reply with quote

i'll wait - you guys are excellent code writers - if you do it i'll be 1st in line to buy Very Happy Cool Mr. Green
The Baron
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god.. I love that game, Dominion. I lost the CDs, and was trying to find it... I'll contact the seller in that auction.
I never thought I would run into someone who also owned the game... didn't get too many good reviews, I thought it was awesome.[/quote]
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious. How many people would be interested in a PC version of the game?
Wizard
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a tough one.

Firstly, as the game stands, the graphics are great, as they were all designed for a small screen. When most users first saw WI they were blown away. Its amazing what you can to with limited resources - and thats the point. You have limited resources, a few 'generic' platforms. Its easy.

Once you start porting games to the big screen, it gets harder. People expect more. Also, there is already a few flavours of this style of game available for the PC (C&C, Dominion, etc)

I personally would vote no. Keep it small form factor.

W

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
HTML | JS | VB | KIX | CFM | English

Everyone is a 'disgruntled employee'. What kind of word is 'disgruntled' anyway.? Can someone be 'gruntled'.?
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with the Wiz... this game is far and away the best game available for the Palm that I've seen thus far (And I'm sure I can say with some confidence that it enjoys a similar status among PPC gamers).

However, not only do similar games exist (and just how many C&C comparisons do we need in this forum to realize this?), but they have WAY more depth and play. This is due to the fact that they have (as the Wizard so succinctly put it) more hardware to work with. Porting this game to the desktop would mean a substantial rewrite not only to the graphics, but also to the plot, code, ai, EVERYTHING. If you're just looking to pit your handheld against your PC, forget it. It just isn't worth the cost of having to completely rewrite everything only to create what would, in most PC players' minds, be a very short, very limited C&C clone.

AGAIN: this game is AWESOME, when played on a handheld, and is well worth the money! I would just rather see the developers put their resources into the handheld version (or a sequel). Someday, when handhelds are running pentium chips and holding about a gig of storage, I have no doubt that we'll see a few cross-platform games. Right now, though, Handheld games are best left in your hand.

Besides, I like being able to brag about having an awesome game that PC's can't get!
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree with the Wiz as well. It would be cool, but you'd have even more people complane about the lack of units (for a PC version), not being able to be more than one team/race, and the graphics. Yes, you'd probably improve them some for the PC, but it would be hard to compete with games that are in full 3d (like C&C Generals) that have a lot more features, one of them being grouping of units.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mgwynn
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea... couldn't hurt PPC sales, but expectations would be so much higher for PC version.

Finish the skirmish mode first, then we'll vote again.
wardog
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: OK I SEE NOW :O) Reply with quote

PhillipEarl wrote:
I'm with the Wiz... this game is far and away the best game available for the Palm that I've seen thus far (And I'm sure I can say with some confidence that it enjoys a similar status among PPC gamers).

However, not only do similar games exist (and just how many C&C comparisons do we need in this forum to realize this?), but they have WAY more depth and play. This is due to the fact that they have (as the Wizard so succinctly put it) more hardware to work with. Porting this game to the desktop would mean a substantial rewrite not only to the graphics, but also to the plot, code, ai, EVERYTHING. If you're just looking to pit your handheld against your PC, forget it. It just isn't worth the cost of having to completely rewrite everything only to create what would, in most PC players' minds, be a very short, very limited C&C clone.

AGAIN: this game is AWESOME, when played on a handheld, and is well worth the money! I would just rather see the developers put their resources into the handheld version (or a sequel). Someday, when handhelds are running pentium chips and holding about a gig of storage, I have no doubt that we'll see a few cross-platform games. Right now, though, Handheld games are best left in your hand.

Besides, I like being able to brag about having an awesome game that PC's can't get!

I AGREE, & I KNOW I STARTED THIS POST - BUT I HAVE C&C GENERALS, ZERO-HOUR, RED-ALERT 2 & YURI'S REVENGE, DOMINION ETC., & NOW THAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT IT OUT FOR ME I THINK IT WOULD BE BEST IF THESE GUYS FOCUS ON THE HANDHELD GAME WHERE THEY REIGN AS KINGS AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED - IMO THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS 'N THAT (SMALL STUFF I THINK) & I COULD ONLY IMAGINE THE WHINE-FEST IF THEY PORT TO PC VERSION Shocked Shocked Very Happy Mr. Green

Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are they code kings if their software is cracked the day after it's released? At least you could have done to do something about serial fishing, that took alien-d 5 minutes! Jeez!
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Heko"]Who are they code kings if their software is cracked the day after it's released? At least you could have done to do something about serial fishing, that took alien-d 5 minutes! Jeez![/quote]

Well la-dee-da! So, you think they should have spent more time giving thieving slimeball hackers something to play with instead of spending that time creating the best game for a handheld currently on the market? Wink
It's a sad commentary on the moral fiber of this world that protection has to even exist! Maybe if hackers and thieves spent more time brushing up on their writing skills and vocabulary, they could get a decent job and have enough money to *gasp* PAY for their software instead of stealing it. Shocked

Oh, yeah, to stay on topic: Forget the PC version. Work on the sequel! And level paks! And upgrades! And better copy protection! Very Happy (Maybe the next version could have hackers instead of raiders. Now that would be something to aim your Broadsword at! Twisted Evil )

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Ditto all the way!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iceroid7
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR...... you could always go for a game in a window instead of fullscreen that sells for $10 online only, something that is more made to be a timekiller, with the same everything just a slightly larger viewing angle and maybe a few extra missions that are also compatible with the handheld version.

The only correctly quoted quote is a misquote.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: