Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Unit Upgrades
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Unit Upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpartanGuardian
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Unit Upgrades Reply with quote

I agree with Uncle Sam. Here are ALL of my Warfare Incorporated Ideas.

I have some specific unit upgrade ideas, maybe available from the R&D Center:

Hydra--->Minotaur (Range increased from Medium to Long)
Liberator--->Heavy Liberator (Increased Armor)
Broadsword--->Machete (Slightly Increased Damage vs Infantry and Vehicles)
Eagle--->Falcon (Minigun; slightly increased damage vs vehicles, drastically increased damage vs Infantry
Rocket Trooper---> Shock Trooper (Increased speed to that of a Security Guard)
Cyclops--->Trojan (Can very slowly train security guards for 2x price)
Bullpup--->Advanced Bullpup (Carries 1500 credits at a time instead of 1000, available from Embassy)

New Building: Planetary Embassy
-Allows allies to give each other money (only in multiplayer)
-Allows Bullpup upgrade

Surveillance Center:
-New Upgrade: Extensive Scanning (20,000$) Reveals Entire Map
-Communitcation Jamming (10,000$) Prevents enemies from chatting in multiplayer for 3:00 (1:30 on 2.0x)

New Vehicle: Rhino
Bullpup that steals galaxite from enemy Processor

New Vehicle: Hellfire
-Huge Flamethrower Tank (Short Range, devastating against Infantrty and Vehicles; cannot attack buildings)
-Heaviest armor in the game.
-Requires Power as if it were a building; stops attacking/moving if low on power
-Can be captured by enemy Corporate Raiders
-Between 2500 and 5000)
-Build limit of 1-3

Customizable 'Andy-type' Commander unit for online play
-Nickname
-Mix and match Attack, Armor, Regeneration, and Speed stats
-Only spawns after each side accumulates 5000$ to prevent rushing.
-Non-rebuildable, but no punishment for death
-Regicide mode in which each player starts with their Commander and must kill their opponent's
Ewindal
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything was great, xcept from Hellfire. It shouldn't deal huge damage against vehicles, but it should have an AOE effect when atacking. It should also be able to attack buildings!

Very Happy
BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you feel the need to post that twice..
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

postcount spam FTW!
and aoe? age of empires? :3

Shadowfury333
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting set of ideas, but I'm not sure it addresses what I've found to be a major issue, which is that hydra spam beats most everything. Liberators are occasionally useful if the opponent went for infantry, but infantry isn't especially cost-effective, unless one fails to micro the liberators properly.

I guess the big issue is that it is rather expensive to invest in high-level infantry for a single unit, especially when one's opponent can easily counter it without much investment. Perhaps either adding other infantry, like a repairman, or adding more investment requirements for the different high-level vehicles would solve this. For example, different secondary structures or r&d upgrades for each vehicle beyond the starting three, but only the one upgrade for the HRC for all advanced infantry.

As for the buildings: the surveillance center seems quite convoluted. Frankly, 20k resources is an insane amount. People will probably just stick to sending units across the map, particularly since there is no fog of war in warfare Inc. The second ability seems really overspecialized and some immersion-destroying. It really seems like sething that would see very little use or just be awkward and frustrating. I agree that there should be some sort of caster building/unit, but the idea needs a lot of iteration.
SpartanGuardian
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Upgrades/Ideas Reply with quote

Good point. I completely agree about the Hydra-Spamming; i've seen a ton of that in multiplayer. I'm sure thats why they nerfed Hydras by increasing the price from 450 to 550 in multiplayer only. I'm just curious as to why they lowered the price of security guards. I guess now for 100$, 5 can easily beat 1 hydra to further discourage Hydra spamming. Oh, and that repairman idea is great, and will hopefully get more people to build liberators and not just hydras. I really really hope that the speed of rocket troopers is increased though; they are almost strictly defensive units. What about Hackers that could steal some of the more advanced tanks? Sadly, almost nobody uses Eagle Scouts and Security Guards; they really need upgrades. Maybe Security guards with shotguns...
T-33 Lib
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with Hydra-spamming arise from the fact that most players in multiplayer exclusively use vehicles and never touch infantry. As a result hydra spamming ensues, and I pwn most people by building rocket troopers (the only thing that can cost-effectively defeat rocket troopers are security guards). If more people use a variety of units maybe the problem will solve itself.

I would suggest that the machine gun of the eagle be slightly upgraded, as it is currently impossible to destroy 3 guards with 1 eagle.

Another suggestion (though minor): could the security guards be renamed? It seems odd to me they are not called infantry.

Also could the cyclops range be increased? The current range of the cyclops (5 squares) could be adopted by a mortar squad and the present cyclops range be boosted to 7-8 squares.

Of the ideas stated above, I like the planetary embassy and the machete. The hydra/liberator sounds too powerful and the rocket trooper unbalanced. The hellfire would work if it costed 50000 though.

bills
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything I think that the T-33 Liberator is somehow unbalanced. Even with the heavier armor, they seem too easy to kill off with rocket troopers or Hydra's. They also seem ineffective against Cyclops because of their shorter range.

I think the Liberator should be adjusted as follows in the MP game:

Increase range by 1

Increase armor by 1

Increase damage to tanks by 1

That should be enough to restore balance and set the price of Hydra's back down to 450 like in the single player game.
T-33 Lib
Very Active User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cyclops is a bombardment unit made to take out towers. There is no way an anti-infantry tank can match it's range ingame. Increased effectiveness against infantry would be good.

How about an upgrade for the eagle which replaces it's useless machine gun with a rocket launcher on par with the rocket troopers to facilitate hit/run attacks against vehicles?

EDIT

example picture of rocket eagle

BrianBSHS
Administrator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a decent idea, but if the upgrade should be completely useless against buildings at that point, if it isn't, I feel that it would be OP.
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very little anti-building damage, I agree, or i will be spammed like the Hydra. Its rockets should have less antivehicle damage than the hydra's but more anti infantry capabilities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: