Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Timescale and cost of updates?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Timescale and cost of updates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benvallack
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Timescale and cost of updates? Reply with quote

I have just bought this game after being convinced by the demo! Also the fact that it was a simple case of buying a key rather than a whole new file to download made it much easier. I am very pleased with the game, my only reservation is the price, I am not querying the justification of the price, that i clear, it is definatly worth the money, the work involved must have been laborious and is certainly very skillfull. However, I am also excited about the next version/expansion and the level editor/mission editor that I have read about. However, if I have to pay another $30 each time there is an update I will not be pleased, well, frankly I wont bother. Which would be a shame because the game is very enjoyable and has a phenominal amount of potential. i.e Skirmish mode, multiplayer via IrDA/bluetooth/internet, rally points, (any chance of water/submarines/boats etc). So my question is how long will it be before the mission editor and an expansion pack/update is available and presumably it will free or very cheep (<$10) for existing regestered users. Congratulations on a fantastic game.
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I can tell you now is that now update would be $30, no one would buy it and they would have wasted the time and money to create it. I do howver, see them doing that if they made a "Gold" version or specicial addition where it added a bunch of new features (more levels, more vehicles/buildings/men, etc.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: updates Reply with quote

Updates will be free for users who have already purchased the game. In addition to updates, users who have already purchased the single player version will also get the multiplayer version free when it is released.
Quintessence
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Very Happy
wldc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined the club and brought the game...

My only concern right now is what happens when I upgrade my PDA? I am recently looking around at the new Sony PDAs and am considering purchasing it. I was wondering if I would be able to get a new key if I do switch my PDA at a later time?
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Sony are you thinking of getting? I would personally not recommend getting a Sony, but it's up to you. I know several people that have them and they always have trouble with them doing different things (one of them gaming and sound). Also, the Sony devices tend to cost more too. Anyways, sorry to go off topic there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wldc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started off the pda with a nice handspring platinum and i absolutely loved it....till the color pdas became less expensive Smile

i currently own a Sony SJ-30 and have it for almost a year and i have no problems with it so far. But i'm always into new gadjets and stuff and recently saw the Sony TJ-35 and i'm falling for it right now....But just waiting for some reviews first b4 i make up my mind about it...

it would be nice to get a PPC but unfortunately i actually spent some money on software for my pda and thats why i dont feel like paying for it on PPC again.

So right now I'm just curious to know if I can get new registration codes if I do decide to upgrade my pda.
Quintessence
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently using a Sony Clie PEG-T615C, and I've got nothing but good to say about it. It is an older model, and doesn't have the 'oomph' that newer models do. Still, I've been quite happy with it. The screen is higher-res than many popular models even now, and I've had no problems with it at all. WI runs pretty good, I've only noticed a few very minor glitches (slowdown when oodles of units are onscreen & active, etc.), and they're really all to be expected. These units are going for cheap right now too, I've seen them go for as low as $40 on eBay. I've also got a Sony camera that I'm very positive on as well. (Conveniently, both use the same memory sticks, so all is interchangeable--this is good.)

I'm also working on a Sony Vaio laptop for a friend right now. Gaaaack! NO support at all by Sony for these things. Absolutely worthless. Sony really looks at their gadgets as 'disposable' items, and WILL not be of any real assistance at all. This I can see for a smaller, cheaper gadget--but for what I view as a big-ticket item as a laptop, it's simply unexcusable.

These are just my views of course, but worth expressing I think. There are of course pros and cons to all...

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their computers are the same way (at least the Vaios or what ever it's called). My friend has one and it crashes all the time, part of that may because of Windows ME too.

I still prefer Palm over Sony. The Palm devices are generally smaller, and all of the new ones (T|T, T|T2, T|W, T|C, T|T3, T|E, etc.) all have awesome specs and are really small. How much is that Sony you want? Palm has teh T|E which is way thin, has a 320*320 screen, I think it has a 200mhz processor, but I am not sure on that, 32mb of RAM, etc. It is $199.

Or you could get the T|T2, which is smaller in height, but not as thin, has 32mb of RAM, 320*320 screen, not sure on exact rest of the specs, but it is $329.

Then there is their best model, the T|T3 with a 400mhz processor, 64mb of RAM, 320*480 screen, very thin, small, etc. this runs for $399.

If you are looking for gaming devices, or just anotehr good device in all apsects, there is the Tapwave Zodiac, which is $299 (32mb version), and $399 (128mb version), both with dual sd slots, dual lithium batteries dual speakers with stero sound, rumble pack/effects, 320*480 screen action buttons, anolog controller, tirggers, BT and auto BT connect button, 200mhz processor, etc.

Depending on your price range, I would choose either the Zodiac (my first choice) or the T|T2 or T|T3 (second/third choices).

wldc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waiting for a reply to my original question....

*wonders if i have to email someone to get an answer*

anyway, i havent had a chance to use palm yet...since back when i got the sony pda...the same comparable version from palm was pricier then sony....maybe i'll consider palm but still shopping around...i just like new gadjets thats all...
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure, but I am pretty sure you will be able too. It would be lame if you couldn't, but you would also have to show some proof, like what your current code is or something, or maybe they would have it in their database that you have bought it with the codes and everything (I didn't answer because I don't know *for sure,* but I bet they would).

Also, I would look at all devices, and not just Sony. I am getting a Zodiac soon, and can't wait.

Quintessence
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would only assume that you can install on other/new devices. Probably would have to contact Handmark or Handango to get a new code though.

I've been looking at those Zodiacs myself. They do look pretty sweeet, no? The price on those is pretty attractive as well. And they run 'normal' Palm OS apps to boot! That way you can make all the needed excuses about 'productivity' so you can justify buying one...and then watch your productivity go down the tubes while you go to work and play all day. Laughing

wldc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at the zodiac too...but i'm kindda leaning away from it right now...cuz it looks abit bulkier Sad
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get get the dimmensions from teh device you want and compare it to the Zodiac. It is .05 thinner than my T|T, about an inch longer after it has been opened, and is the same width. So, it is really still very small, and for everything it can do, the size is great. If you want it to play games, don't count on devices being better, and smaller, because in order to have great games, you need bigger screens.

T|T/ T|T3/ Zodiac
Height: 4.0 (closed)/ 4.3 (closed)/ 5.6
4.8 (open)/ 5.1 (open)/
Width: 3.0/ 3.0/ 3.1
Thickness: .6/ .66/ .55
Weight: 5.6/ 5.5/ 6.3

Those are just comparing those devices, I am not sure of the spec's of the device you want, could you post them here?

claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wldc"]still waiting for a reply to my original question....

*wonders if i have to email someone to get an answer*

anyway, i havent had a chance to use palm yet...since back when i got the sony pda...the same comparable version from palm was pricier then sony....maybe i'll consider palm but still shopping around...i just like new gadjets thats all...[/quote]
It is our intention for a user to be able to play this game once they have purchased it. If you upgrade your device and need a new registration code Private message me and I will help you get this taken care of.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: