Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Enemy not responding correctly to trigers
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Enemy not responding correctly to trigers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Enemy not responding correctly to trigers Reply with quote

I have made a mission where you start in the NW corner of the map and the map is a system of canyons and cliffs. My plan was to make the player start by building up a small base and moving in to take the abandoned base, then expanding their base and finally going head to head with an OMNI base that starts in the SE corner of the map. My plan was to have OMNI add on to their base in predetermined places as the player passes through checkpoint like places. My plan was to make these checkpoints area's and as soon as an area had at least 1 of any unit owned by side 1 (the condition) it would trigger an action to create buildings and units for OMNI so as you expaned to a second base area so did OMNI. So far all that is happening is you get to the first so called 'checkpoint' and OMNI is still sitting on their asses, I have tried adding power generators near the locations they would expand to in the possibility that they couldn't build there because it was too far from base or something and still no building creation happening.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/12/25/2237799/Cliff%20Maze.ld Thats the ld file for my mission which includes everything.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/12/25/2237799/CliffWar.pdb Thats the mission pack .pdb file if you want to test it just type that into the custom URL.

If anyone is willing to take a look at the ld file and tell me why OMNI isn't reacting to my triggers that would be really helpful.[/url]
Callex
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theres a bug with AI building construction actually, I made a topic on it a few days ago and it seems to be known by the developers. The AI is only able to build 5 structures before stopping completely.
It'll probably be fixed soon so maybe use pre-placed bases in the meantime?
snowy
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've seen that thread but my problem is slightly different, for my mission they won't even build the first structure let alone the first 5, they seem unaffected by the triggers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Authoring All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: