Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Treo650 stylus tapping stops working. Can't exit or anything
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Treo650 stylus tapping stops working. Can't exit or anything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TreoT9
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Treo650 stylus tapping stops working. Can't exit or anything Reply with quote

I have a Treo650 with Warefare Inc installed.

I started it for the first time, entered the cd key, and started the intro for first time play. While at the screen where it introduces how to click and establish an HQ, I put down the Treo 650, and it went to screen saver and turned off as it usually does.

When I resumed the Treo 650, the stylus no longer works at all, and none of the keys access any menu options. The screen it is at has the following at the top: "Tap HQ, select hammer, build Power"

However, when I tap HQ, nothing happens, and dragging the pen/stylus has no affect. It's as if screen/power saving mode, and resuming from it, caused the stylus to stop working on the Treo 650.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!

-t
TreoT9
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention: The up/down/left/right control/key works for scrolling things around, and there is some animation going on (i.e., the HQ is opening/closing at the top, which I think it normally does as part of its "thing" ... so I think this is a sign it's not totally locked up but that the stylus doesn't control anything).

Thanks again for any hints/help.

-t
darrinm
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like the problem with an old version of Warfare Incorporated. Download the latest version (http://www.warfareincorporated.com/downloads/warfare_palm_win.exe) and in addition to fixing that problem it will take full advantage of the ARM CPU in your Treo 650 for a big speed boost. The latest version is also required for multiplayer play which the Treo 650 supports via Bluetooth.

If you bought the game at a retail store, boxed, you'll need to get a new key from Handmark to unlock all the missions. Send support@handmark.com an inquiry including your CD key.

TreoT9
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darrinm, It sounds very reassuring... I'll touch base with Handmark to get an updated key. Much thanks! -t
TreoT9
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked... a big thanks!

I downloaded/installed the new version. On the screen, it had a code that Handmark asked me for in response to my request for an updated key (the store bought version was definitely older). They gave me a new key, and the new version solved a number of problems, one being the stylus issue. The PDA now sleeps, wakes, without any probs. I can exit the game after a sleep, and restart, etc.

Thanks again for the great/quick help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: