Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - System crash
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

System crash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen you could do me a big favor and email me exactly when on level 8 that it crashes that would be extremely useful. Also include your device type and any hacks that you might be using.
Jen
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi claxbane,

I'm a Palm "minimalist" so I don't have programs that can access files in my Clie. I tried using the MS Gate (the one that comes with Clie) to copy the game saved files to MS, but then a error message "Protect Folder, Current folder is access inhibit" poped up. Will try to give you more details if I can get Warfare to run again.

The information I know is that it crashed when I'm in level 8, and I am not using any hack (see, I said I'm a minimalist). I'm using Palm OS 3.5.2 with Launcher X.
Grandizer
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen,

I suggest using a 3rd party file manager to move the save files (FileZ, ZLauncher, etc.). MS Gate is a very limited and restrictive piece of software. Does LX have a built-in file manager that you can use (I can't remember as I've only used the demo a very long time ago)?

Either that or copy/paste the save games from your backup folder in your computer to another location. Then uninstall/reinstall the game and hotsync the save games back into your pda. I honestly don't know if it'll work as I never tried this method.

Or if worse comes to worse, start from scratch...

Hope this helps.
rosskoepke
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had several freezes on M9 when trying to move large amount of units. Somewhat inconsistent but when I try to move about 50 units simultaneously and continually target new enemies, the game gets very slow and choppy and then freezes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jen"]Hi claxbane,

I'm a Palm "minimalist" so I don't have programs that can access files in my Clie. I tried using the MS Gate (the one that comes with Clie) to copy the game saved files to MS, but then a error message "Protect Folder, Current folder is access inhibit" poped up. Will try to give you more details if I can get Warfare to run again.

The information I know is that it crashed when I'm in level 8, and I am not using any hack (see, I said I'm a minimalist). I'm using Palm OS 3.5.2 with Launcher X.[/quote]

At this point we are still uncertain what is causing the problem. There has been some work done here to improve the way that the ARM based Palms run. I am hopeful that these improvements will fix the problem.

claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rosskoepke"]I've had several freezes on M9 when trying to move large amount of units. Somewhat inconsistent but when I try to move about 50 units simultaneously and continually target new enemies, the game gets very slow and choppy and then freezes.[/quote]

What device are you using?

Heko
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell is this Security Guard everyone is talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: