Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Icarus Burning
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Icarus Burning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Thank you for these tips.

It might help to actually SAY that...? I mean, "The LZ is too hot" does not tell you that someone was left behind. It tells you that more people should be left behind.

Seriously, I tried destroying ALL of my units EXCEPT the one on the pad... I had no idea that I had to get him off too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did say in the initial mission briefing that you needed to get everyone back to the insertion point within thirty seconds of activating the replicator, and I believe it reminds you when the replictor is activated. Also, in the "LZ is too hot" message, the sentence immediately before that says that there are still too many units in the field.

Still, maybe I could have been clearer on that point. Better yet, I may go back and make this ending one of those multiple endmission: win endings with extra points being awarded based on how many units survive.

What do you think?

BTW what was your final score? Smile
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I thought the "field" was the insertion point! I mean, what else would make a teleporter heat up than too many units to teleport?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hitch
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

125275 through the Hellfire level. Wow, spent lots of time and game changes attempting to get back to the LZ in 30 seconds. Everyting was to slow or got killed . I finally built 4 Eagles and brought them to the replicator pad from the north, then as soon as the 30 second message came up I directed the Eagles to the LZ, Three made it. All other forces were already down there. Lots of Towers were required to keep the spawning at bay.

Thanks for a great game, now to try it at a more difficult level.
KHY
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellence missons. Thankyou!!!
Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
White_Knight
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: I RULe Reply with quote

I RULE I CANT BEALIVE U VERDAGON HAVENT WON THIS MISSIONS YET
http://wyvern.site.vu

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GNandGS
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdagon wrote:
FINALLY beat guerrillas! Turns out that going for the high-terrain advantage didnt work, I instead had to use the chokepoint, and get them one by one.

Ok, Im having trouble with the guerrilla level for some reason. Any additional clues? Anyone? Where is the chokepoint exactly?
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNandGS wrote:

Ok, Im having trouble with the guerrilla level for some reason. Any additional clues? Anyone? Where is the chokepoint exactly?

Try this: When the mission starts, take your top group immediately west, travelling nearly across the map until you come to the part of the map just below the point where your reinforcements arrive. Follow the cliffline south and west until you come to a group of trees with a pass through a high cliff to the southeast. That's the chokepoint that's referred to, and you can hide in those trees, if you like, but I usually try to stay to the west of them, since if an Acme unit passes near your hiding place, they will sense your presence and remain in that spot until you move. If you do hide in the trees, though, and this happens, just move your units west to the opposite side of the grove and the unit will move on.

Try to get all your teams there intact. To do this, it is important that you do not destroy any bullpups or units until you are ready. Once Acme loses a unit, the alert is sounded, and you'll have alot more of them to worry about. If you still have units in the field - or worse, in transit - this can quickly prove fatal.

Once you get everyone to the chokepoint, you can then begin to attack some Acme units and sew some mahem, using the advantages of that terrain, which is probably the best strategic spot on the map. You can ambush passing patrols from the trees, and take advantage of the high ground to pin down units attempting to come up from the galaxite fields through the narrow gulley to the southeast of that point.

Just remember: you can recognize the choke point by the grove of trees to the left, and the narrow gulley and high cliffs to the southeast. It's the spot where all Acme patrols and Bullpups have to pass enroute to their patrol areas.

Hope that helps.
yoyoche
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Very professionally done Reply with quote

This is a great mission pack. Very diverse with surprises and good difficulty along the way. Mission six and the Guerillas mission 4 were giving me fits with alot of saves.

I really enjoyed your effort. I thought this mission pack was even better than the original.

my score for all 6 missions Easy difficulty: 174260
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Very professionally done Reply with quote

yoyoche wrote:
This is a great mission pack. Very diverse with surprises and good difficulty along the way. Mission six and the Guerillas mission 4 were giving me fits with alot of saves.

I really enjoyed your effort. I thought this mission pack was even better than the original.

my score for all 6 missions Easy difficulty: 174260

Shocked Thanks very much for the high praise! Makes the hard work worth it! (BTW great score!)
johnsix
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the great levels!

I had played the Guerillas in the Mist stand alone a few month ago but I really like the six pack. These missions are a great challange for anyone I would suggest them highly.

I don't think I would have beaten hellfire without your egale activator tip.

My final score was 241225 all levels on normal at 1x speed.

After finally finishing them i think i'll go back and try a couple on hard or extreem or whatever you call it.

I think flashpoint is my favorite. It took me the most retries ... I didn't get the tower tip out of the breifing soon enough. I ended this level in the worst shape actualy had to lead off most of the doppelgangers with the last of my bullpups.

Great job and thanks again,
Six
Planet_Destroyer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mission pack. I have only played the first three missions(all the way through) and they all look great. I haven't found any glitches in any of the missions. Laughing
Planet_Destroyer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mission pack. I have only played the first three missions(all the way through) and they all look great. I haven't found any glitches in any of the missions. Laughing
Planet_Destroyer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST MISSION PACK EVER
besides the story mode in the game and the Return of Fox
I completed every mission except the last one.
due to the excellent layout of the landscape, it was very hard to carry out my attack because of all the mountains and stuff
( i build as many rocket troopers as i can)
also the extreme mode is awsome but really hard.

have you played my mission: Planet Wars.
Its kind of new so its at the bottom

PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Very Happy I've downloaded your mission, but haven't had time to play WI in a little while. Soon.... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: