Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - M11 isdabomb
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

M11 isdabomb
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M11: Taking Ownership
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZWafflesniffer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a strategy that I haven't seen posted yet; it's quite different, and at first may seem more difficult, but it's pretty fun, exciting, and, in my opinion, not that hard.

I came across this sort of by chance, due to my style of play. First of all, I always use Andy (when available), to speedily scope out the lay of the land (I change the speed of play to 100%). There are some forces out and about, but Andy can usually make short work of them. At worse, you may need to run away temporarily from the opposition, stopping every once in a while to get off another shot while re-energizing your health. Basically, I leave the rest of my crew at the start, just sitting there. The red dudes won't even try to activate the replicator until after you've taken over the abandoned buildings. In fact, when I beat this, I didn't even have to use any other vehicle or building, other than to make money off of them (more about that later).

Anyway, in short time, you can get a great idea of everything on the screen except for the opposing base, just by walking around with Andy. I even get close enough to the base to get some of the red guys pissed off enough to come out and try to kill me. Don't worry; just beat them back (and, by the way, save a ton every step along the way).

This is what I do next: there is an entrance that faces north, and one that faces west. I go to the one that faces north, but outside the firing range of the turrets. Believe it or not, if you walk straight down, continuing to walk, without firing at the turrets, you can make it into the base and still be alive. Once you get in, I make my way to the left to re-energize. You don't want to, at this point, cause any damage that will piss off the folks in red (other than kill them if necessary); in other words, leave buildings alone. You'll find, with minimal opposition, that it's pretty easy to work your way to the east of the base, work your way south, and along the way, killing some red folks without any retaliation. Once you are at the southeastern-most part of the base, you can work your way west, but don't go too north. You don't want to uncover the replicator (when you do, the buildings start sensing you're there and send some troops after you). You DO, however, want to hang out just south of the replicator, because you're about to do some real cool stuff.

Okay; now that you're in place, go get your other peeps. Send them north to the abandoned base and take over everything EXCEPT the mining storehouse. (I know this may seem counter-intuitive [I like doing stuff that way], but here's why it's necessary: if this gets destroyed by the opposition, you lose ALL your money, even the 3000 you start off with on your own; if you take it over and sell it, you lose all your money, too; no one can touch your 3000 if you don't get the storehouse.)

Wait just a few seconds, and in short time, you should be able to see, on your radar screen, troops being sent out to get you; immediately sell all the buildings you've taken over. You're just in it for the money, anyway! Soon, you'll have something like 5000+ credits, and you're primed for some fun.

As soon, as you get your notice that the replicator has been activated, take Andy and get his rear-end in the replicator. I can't remember how many Andy's you can make, but you can get a lot for 5000 credits. It'll take a bit of experimenting to figure out how to both fight off the opposition once you start making some clones, but you're usually okay if you leave a few Andy's out to fight while others are repeatedlly cloning themselves. Once you run out of money, start destroying everything in sight, starting with the vehicle buildings, troop buildings, then the storehouses, power generators. Once they are out of money, and out of power, I usually destroy the turrets next, since they can't fire at you; if you leave some power stations up, but destroy other buildings, the turrets can turn back on, since the power is now distributed to fewer sources.

Anyway, try this out and let me know how you like it. I tried a couple of other ways before, but got kind of bored with using the same basic strategy that I've used before. It's WAY cool beating it with just Andy (and using the others as pawns!).

Remember, save along the way, many times.

Have fun,

Zippy
sunrunner20
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Is it just me? Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does the OMNI keep getting more money?!
They will be setting there with the money symbole over their buildings, and I start to attack, then what the.... they've got money again!! run away!
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to use old-fashioned siege tactics once I have enough money. I build 3 Dominions and move one to each enterance of the OMNI base. There I deploy and build a wall of turrets, completely blocking their escape (the OMNI turrets will not attack a turret unless that turret is fired upon by a turret; then it will shoot the turret).
kerunt
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of replicating Andy's, going to try it, thanks!
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.
brendan
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot!!! Smile

That level was hard but I replicated,like 90 andies!

Thanks a lot for that tip!

P.S It's not THAT easy to get to the replicator without taking out the towers,any unit producing buildings,Galixite Processers,or Galixite Warehouses...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M11: Taking Ownership All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: