Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - New Level Ideas
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New Level Ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: New Level Ideas Reply with quote

Now that I am out of school (**FINALLY**). I am going to be really bored so I will probably make a TON of levels, only one thing, I need some Ideas for making some levels. If someone has a great idea but dosn't wanna make the level, post them here.

I WILL give credit to the founder of the ideas.

Last edited by guitarist809 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's one: in the tumult of battle, Omni's lines surge forward, and Andy and the small forward base he's commanding suddenly find themselves deep within enemy territory. The mission begins with Andy's last transmission into the void as Omni's jamming satellites come into range. Something dramatic, like "Take care of Jana for me...."

The mission is a siege/survival mission, with Omni trying a different tactic with each wave of attacks. The idea is to create twenty or thirty unit groups, their unit compsition each finely tuned to a specific strategy. You could have an all-cyclops unit group, a commando unit group made of about five to ten Fox's, a mix of six hydras, two liberators and two cyclopes, etc. You get the idea. Basically, build the base, man it with troops, and put yourself in Omni's position: decide how you would attack that base, and create unit groups and corresponding triggers/areas that reflect your thinking.

Here's the catch: they all need to be RANDOM unit groups (with the random unit group box checked) that spawn at specific areas at the edge of the map. Make the following trigger:

Conditions:

Every 180 seconds

Actions:

Create Random Unit Group

You could challenge the player in different ways:

Limit the galaxite. It's a seige, right? The player should be sparing on resources. If you go this route, make sure to keep the attacking unit groups on the small side.

Use drop ships/stealthy infiltration. Have corporate raiders drop inside the defenses, to take over galaxite facilities or something. Commandos can sneak in (spawned in hidden areas) to destroy bullpups.

You could send dis-information in the form of ecoms - they should be obviously false, like for example a small ecom from Omni security that reads something like: "Andy, my boy, this is Olstrom. Acme wants you to surrender. When the next wave of commandos arrive, let them through." and follow such a communication up with a commando unit group (not random, this time) that is to move in to kill Andy. Use this tactic sparingly if you want to fool the player, or use it liberally if you want to create a little drama.

---Finally, don't make this a survival mission, with unending waves of Omni attackers just to see who can survive the longest (but everyone eventually dies) - I find those annoying. Provide the player with an end. Possibly it's reinforcements, or maybe a previously secret way out.

If you're in the mood, you could do multiple levels, one where Andy and his troops sneak out through heavily defended lines, and possibly a third where Andy gets back to Acme territory and launches a massive counter attack to retake the base, possibly even using the original map.

Have fun! Very Happy
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps - I'll even volunteer to beta test if you like! Wink
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great! Im going to get started really soon.

A few questions:

• What should the terrain look like? (grass/desert)
  • When you say "commandos" what do you mean? Like rocket troopers and stuff like that?
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The terrain depends on the kind of mood you want to create, and really comes down to personal preference. If I want to create a suspensful level where the player is always worried about what's hiding beneath the trees, then I use the grassy terrain. I seldom create forests in the desert terrain simply because no one expects a forest there, and the suspense of what's hiding in the trees is offset by the question of why the trees are there in the first place. Overall, grassy terrain is great if there are few units and you're using a smaller map. It makes for a nicely textured and varied look.

Desert, on the other hand, is great for large maps, due to the ammount of features, and makes for a really desolate feeling when playing. In fact, a desolate feeling might be just what you need for a "siege" level.

By commandos, I mean the "Andy" and Fox" units.
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K thx. U know whats sweet? this post got turned into a sticky post!
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else?
!HUDRA!
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea resize ur sig to 400x100 like myne

"You dont see me, you dont hear me, but you know im there"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a new 1
guitarist809
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

need some more ideas to make levels!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: