Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - MP3/Realplayer/Pocket Tunes conduit
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MP3/Realplayer/Pocket Tunes conduit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: MP3/Realplayer/Pocket Tunes conduit Reply with quote

Okay, I've held off on this for a while, mostly because I never really played the game with music in the background. Well, the other day, I found the Starcraft in game music available for download from the following site:

http://www.starcraft.org/mp3index.asp

(There are alot of songs for download, so scroll to the bottom of the FIRST table(Titled Starcraft.org mp3s) and you'll see them. They're zip files, named something like "zip - Terran in game music" etc. Big downloads, but totally worth it.

So for the first time I played with music in the background, and now I wonder how I ever played without it. Music totally changes this game!

Anyway, my request is this: I know it would be too much of a drain on smaller processors to have in game music, but I think it would be a really good enhancement to have a seperate (and optional) .pdb music file. However, that would probably mean a pretty severe load on the file size, to get the app to even have the option to play music. Instead, could there be a preference in the game that works in conjunction with an mp3 or midi player, allowing the specified mp3 to automatically play, using the mp3 player's engine, when the game starts. It would also be nice to filter the mp3 sound through this conduit so the player could control the volume from within the game. Is this even possible?

The reason I ask for this is that if I have to mute the sound for some reason, the music continues to play. If the phone rings, and I turn the pda off to answer the phone, when I turn it back on I have to exit WI, go to the mp3 player, start the music, then exit the mp3 player and re-enter WI. It's kind of a pain.

Music adds so much to this game, it's a shame that something can't be done so that the game at least compliments the use of some sort of music, whether it's in the background or part of the game.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm fully for in-game music. It adds to the atmosphere of the game and keeps your from being too bored during long battle or galaxite-mining expeditions.
IHaveATungstenT
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, I've been aching to have backround music. I once ran music while I played a game and it ran kind of slow, so even the semi-low-end PDA's might start to feel left out...

(maybe...)
stealthc
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEFT OUT??!!!
Please. If you are cheap enough to buy a low end PDA don't complain about not having all of the features. Why should us high end PDA owners have to suffer through software designed for a market mostly dominated by PDA's with obscenely poor graphics. I mean seriously I've seen cellphones with better graphics.
Warfare seems to help a little since it's at least in color (LOL).
I think background music is a great idea. Good background music too not crappy midi or anything lightweight, mp3 is lightweight enough (in terms of database size)...otherwise no music for u...lol
IHaveATungstenT
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stealthc wrote:
LEFT OUT??!!!
Please. If you are cheap enough to buy a low end PDA don't complain about not having all of the features. Why should us high end PDA owners have to suffer through software designed for a market mostly dominated by PDA's with obscenely poor graphics. I mean seriously I've seen cellphones with better graphics.
Warfare seems to help a little since it's at least in color (LOL).
I think background music is a great idea. Good background music too not crappy midi or anything lightweight, mp3 is lightweight enough (in terms of database size)...otherwise no music for u...lol

You're right. Maybe I should upgrade to a Palm T3 and stop whining Laughing

(maybe...)
hudra
Very Active User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have music and game and my game isent any slower when I run music and game.
My palm is Zire 31
modernmystic
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that music would really do is probably just decrease the number of units that your device would be able to handle.
-modernmystic
IHaveATungstenT
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hudra wrote:
Well I have music and game and my game isent any slower when I run music and game.
My palm is Zire 31

Yours is 200mhz and mine is 144mhz. Yours probably isn't slowed down because it has enough processing power to handle both of them at the same time.

Now if there was some way to overclock my Tungsten T... Neutral

(maybe...)
hudra
Very Active User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mayby you can return your palm and make the company switch the prosesor to 200+ somtimes 200 isent enopuf so not always the game is fast.
And i dont balive you spent more dolars for TungstenT
when zire cost less and its better?

IHaveATungstenT
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hudra wrote:
Well mayby you can return your palm and make the company switch the prosesor to 200+ somtimes 200 isent enopuf so not always the game is fast.
And i dont balive you spent more dolars for TungstenT
when zire cost less and its better?

The Zire 31 and Tungsten T both have their ups and downs. Mine has a much better screen (high res), but it has a slower processor. Your screen isn't as good, but it has a faster processor. *cough*andIfoundinstructionsonoverlocking*cough*.

I feel rather sheepish now that I could buy a used Tungsten T2 for the price I paid for my TT...

(maybe...)
chrizimer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a 300 mhz dell axim x5 pocket pc for $70!!!

Palm sux0rz

IHaveATungstenT
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrizimer wrote:
Get a 300 mhz dell axim x5 pocket pc for $70!!!

Palm sux0rz

That's just your opinion. I've found Palm to be much better than Pocket PC because the devices are generally smaller and easier to use. That, and I seriously doubt that I could find a Dell Axim x5 for less than $200.

(maybe...)
chrizimer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dell Axim X5 is old tech.
Dell Axim X3 is better.
Dell Axim x50 an x30 are 600mhz units. those cost more than $300 new.

hudra
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOO this is MUTCH BETTER and the $700 price is alot but u get alot also see here:
http://www.clie-online.sony.net/prod_info/peg-ux50/

Just think of it as a laptop and a camera dvd player mp3 player....

I will get it someday...

chrizimer
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always a better pda... always one on the bleeding edge of technology... soon to be replaced by an even more expensive, extravagant device.

Just get a dell Axim X5 300mhz model, buy a wireless CF card and a 512mb Secure Digital card and you're set.

The dell axim x5 and x3 have older 240x320 res screens, but the new axim x30 and x50 have 480x640 screens in the same area. That includes 16mb dedicated graphics processing memory. These new pdas are no simple toys. they pwn, but for now my axim x5 will do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: