Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Help?
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Help?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M14: Bringing Closure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Help? Reply with quote

Can anyone help me with this one? I can't seem to be going anywhere. I have it saved right before you enter into the base that starts the countdown from 6:10. I have tried it tons of times, but I can't seem to do it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
claxbane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]"Can anyone help me with this one? I can't seem to be going anywhere. I have it saved right before you enter into the base that starts the countdown from 6:10. I have tried it tons of times, but I can't seem to do it..."

Are you saying that you can't complete the level, or that you are confused about a certain part of the level? I will be happy to help, I just need to better undestand what the question is

[/quote]
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I posted it I needed help to beat it. I have beat it now though, thanks anyways...Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
volcanopele
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten to the part where the timer for Replicator activation begins but I always end up dying on either the first or second rush of enemy troopers and guards. When I get to the "gate" where the timer begins, I have all my units in about as healthy shape as I can get them. I also have them split up into four units: Andy, the cannon, units that are most effective against vehicles, and units that are most effective against people. Yet, I still get wiped out on at least the second rush. Any thoughts? My only thinking is to wait till Andy has full health from the first rush then go for the second rush. Any other strategies out there?
ignatius
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the timer begins, slowly move towards the first wave. When they arrive, allow him to take a couple shots but run away (back) and let strength gain then let him shoot a couple more, run again. Do the same with the next two waves. When you run, it forces them to follow you in a single line so only one can shoot you at a time, not many.

Also, when you get near a tower, just ran past it, don't try to shoot it down.

volcanopele
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, would you suggest I just leave the rest of my units at the gate and have andy do every thing from then on or carry them behind Andy as backup?
volcanopele
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!

Beat Mission 14!!! Must contain excitement. At work.. At work....
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion (although you already beat it) would be to kill the main groupd of men near the barracks, then move the other troops there to keep them form attacking you from behind while you move to beat the reast of the level.
zengmingde
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that almost everyone has problems with this last mission. I took more than ten tries to complete it. This is how I did it:
1. On your way to the enemy base, destroy all the enemy power plants that you can find. This will be sufficient to power down all the defensive structures. However, for this to work, you must refrain from destroying all other enemy structures.
2. When you reach the enemy base, gather your troops outside the base. Send Andy into the walls where the power plants are, stay there and kill all enemies who attack.
3. After this is accomplished, move Andy south, next to the two HRCs. Wait there and kill produced infantry, as you order the rest of your troops to join Andy.
4. Place Andy in the middle of your troops and begin to move south.
5. Destroy all patrols that you meet, focusing on the infantry before the vehicles. You would need to move further southwest, past the galaxite warehouses, and proceed west.
6. You might run into trouble here, there are two patrols that converge on your position. If your troops do not make it, ask Andy to rush forward in the general direction of the space in the fog created when the obelisks are detected.
7. Andy speaks to Fox, and after the exchange, just select Andy, as the other units are much too slow, and attack Fox to complete the mission and the campaign.
BobT
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE... Completed level !!!!!
Thanks to everyone for their hints and strategies. My two-cents...
..definitely find and take out the power stations and learn to use Andy,
shoot and run, shoot and run...
(I entered the gate with Andy and 2 tanks and still had the cyclops left too!) Very Happy

What next !!!!!!

============================================
Anybody having trouble with troop movement on this level?

zengmingde - to what power plants are you referring?

I have gotten to the first oblisk (only Andy left against 4 tanks Rolling Eyes ) but have never seen any power plants. There is a galaxite storage and processor building, and several turrets but no power plant... that I've seen anyway.)

Thanks.... to all!!!
Cheryl
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally completed the level. Thanks zen for the suggestion of destroying the generators. It worked like a charm! So what do we do now? Smile
Stanley
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one to have found the backdoor to this mission? Once you start the timer by getting to the 'gates' - enter the little enclosure with the power generators (with whatever force you have left) and use Andy to take care of any enemy rushing you from below and from the left as you enter (the rest of your force can help you - and it's ok if they get wasted cos you really don't need them any more!) Once the enemy (lots of soldiers and a few Hydra's etc) are gone - carry on to the left and proceed into a mini Galactite field which is now guarded by a few soldiers and a scout (if I remember rightly?!) - Andy is more than capable of taking these few foes out and then head NW from here and you find a narrow path which travels directly West. Go on along here (you only get met by a few soldiers near to the end of the path) it skirts the enemy compound, round and down to the left. You can now enter the compound from the left which is only guarded by a token resistance and a couple of gun towers (which you've probably disabled by now anyway). This leaves you free to hit Fox from the left, making the end of this mission a piece of cake! Not as much fun, but kind of enjoyable knowing you've used your head instead of blundering through the front door!!
crakerz
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Back door Reply with quote

Back door!?!?!?!? Heck, *I* thought this was the Front Door! There's a more difficult way of doing this mission? No wonder I was kinda disappointed when I beat it the very first time....and kinda wondering why so many others were having so much trouble Surprised

I guess I'll go back and do it the "right way" Wink

Grandizer
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went thru the 'front door' too when I first tried it. Took me 2 tries to complete it and the second time I didn't loose any of my troops. Very Happy

Hmm... I will consider the 'back door' option when I reach that mission again... Twisted Evil
Typhoon
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too went the back door way. I did not know it was the wrong way to go. Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Bring on the update I need new levels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> M14: Bringing Closure All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: