Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Price...
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Price...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Price... Reply with quote

Lots of people are complaining about the price. If I didn't help test, I would have bought this in a heartbeat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look if your worrying about the price you must want to buy it OR you wouldn’t be wasting your time looking/complaining about it.
Question right Question

Exclamation This is an one of a kind game for the palm You wont find any other like it for the palm Exclamation

So stop sitting at the forms complaining and go make some $ to buy it, because your complaining isn’t going to make Handmark lower the price.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I'm not the one complaining (just telling you what others are saying, and they are stupid about saying it too...Wink). Second of all, I already have the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt saying you were the one conplaining i was just adding on to what you said.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I agree 100%
Very Happy
dtrotzjr
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the price is fine, this game does more than any other Palm based game ever did. I did save nearly $5 by signing up for geekzone http://www.geekzone.co.nz/ I do think, however, that any expansions should not be priced as much, maybe $10 for an expansion to this game would be reasonable.

-----------------------
Tungsten T2 - w/ 256MB SD Card
http://www.readingplanner.com/palm.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
plasticparadox
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dtrotzjr"]I think the price is fine, this game does more than any other Palm based game ever did. I did save nearly $5 by signing up for geekzone http://www.geekzone.co.nz/ I do think, however, that any expansions should not be priced as much, maybe $10 for an expansion to this game would be reasonable.[/quote]

Thanks for the link! I just bought Warfare with the discount. I wouldn't have paid full price for it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="plasticparadox"][quote="dtrotzjr"]I think the price is fine, this game does more than any other Palm based game ever did. I did save nearly $5 by signing up for geekzone http://www.geekzone.co.nz/ I do think, however, that any expansions should not be priced as much, maybe $10 for an expansion to this game would be reasonable.[/quote]

Thanks for the link! I just bought Warfare with the discount. I wouldn't have paid full price for it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

You wouldnt pay $5 more for the game,
that is CHEAP,

But,

Now that you bought it whould you of
bought it for the full $30?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="XboxJunkie101"][quote="plasticparadox"][quote="dtrotzjr"]I think the price is fine, this game does more than any other Palm based game ever did. I did save nearly $5 by signing up for geekzone http://www.geekzone.co.nz/ I do think, however, that any expansions should not be priced as much, maybe $10 for an expansion to this game would be reasonable.[/quote]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

that is CHEAP,

But,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

I ask this becouse I whanted to make people that havent bought it see that it is worth the money...
Very Happy
after reading over what i said i thought i should make clear my intentions from the comment.
plasticparadox
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="XboxJunkie101"]

that is CHEAP,

But,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

Don't presume to tell me that I'm cheap, you little person. This is a Palm game. Not a PC game, not a console game. I've never seen a Palm game this expensive.

No, I would not pay full price for this game. It is not worth $30. Console games are worth $30. Not Palm games.

Just because you appear to be a forum fanboy doesn't give you the right to put me down for not wanting to sell my first-born to get a copy of this game.

XboxJunkie101
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I offended you,
I didn’t mean no harm from my comment as you can see
From my second quote that you left off.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I ask this becouse I whanted to make people that havent bought it see that it is worth the money...

after reading over what i said i thought i should make clear my intentions from the comment.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I gust wanted to know if you thought if it was worth the money?

Also I wasn’t calling You Cheep I was calling The game Cheep,
Because by its standards, it is in my thought,
This is just like a console game that a person would pay $50 for.

I am deeply sorry if I offended you in any form and should have worded it better…
magican
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add my view on that:

It´s worth every single cent!

It´s true - it´s not a PC game, but does that mean it should be cheaper? I cannot follow the logic - i guess it would have been much easier to make it running on a PC, where more ressources than on the palm are available (still less than on my Mac Laughing ).

Great graphics, cool sound (music will come - i guess, bluetooth in the pipe.. ) - i can play it everywhere (unlike PC games..).

Great stuff - every single cent spent with a smile Wink

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to get pissed off there...

The game is cheap, and if you don't think so, then don't get it and leave. Just because it is not a PC game or a console gmae does not mean it is worth the money. Games are starting to get a lot better now, and pretty soon, all Palm games will have this quality and all of the prices will start going up. The more time spent making a game (especially of this quality), the more the palm game is going to cost. I can guarentee that you will not find a game better than this anywhere in the Palm world (at least an RTS game, an awesome RPG coming out by www.constantgames.com called Edge).

Oh, yeah. Console games are $50, not 30. You may think they are worth $30, and that may be becasue you don't have any or something, but all games that are released now days eitehr for PC or consoles are $50, and are definatly worth it, just like this game it.

plasticparadox
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="magican"]<snip>It´s true - it´s not a PC game, but does that mean it should be cheaper? I cannot follow the logic</snip>[/quote]

The logic is that console games & PC games are more expensive to develop, and usually more immersive, time consuming, and exciting than Palm games.

Yes, it should be cheaper. Like I said, I wouldn't have paid for this game if I didn't get a discount.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not invalidating the value of this game in any way. It's a great game, and I'm glad that I own it. I'm fairly confident that this is the best action game available for the Palm.

But let's look at some other games available for Palm, and it's pricing.

[b]Insaniquarium.[/b] I bought this one for 14.95. Half the price of WI. If you've played it, you'll understand why this is a great value.

[b]Bejeweled.[/b] Although I don't like puzzle games, this one is very popular, and also only 14.95.

[b]Tetris Classic.[/b] 14.99 by Handmark. Possibly the most popular puzzle game of all time.

PC games and console games, on the other hand, are all pretty much priced the same when they come out. I hope that this $30 price point won't be a popular theme in the Palm game industry.

Otherwise, I might consider a Gameboy Advance.

DBZ-GOKU-
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you also have to consider that this took just as much time, or more than any PC game to make. It took them about 2.5 years to finish the game, and they stilll don't have it completly updated (such as multiplayer, skirmish mode, and other features). This also probably cost them just as much. You need to look at it from all point of views and get all of the information.
plasticparadox
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DBZ-GOKU-"]No need to get pissed off there...

The game is cheap, and if you don't think so, then don't get it and leave.

I own the game.

Just because it is not a PC game or a console gmae does not mean it is worth the money.

Yes it does. Good PC games and console games cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to create.

Games are starting to get a lot better now, and pretty soon, all Palm games will have this quality and all of the prices will start going up.

I doubt it. The Palm has been around for about 10 years, and this is the first quality game that I've found. There's not many good game studios developing for Palm.

The more time spent making a game (especially of this quality), the more the palm game is going to cost. I can guarentee that you will not find a game better than this anywhere in the Palm world (at least an RTS game, an awesome RPG coming out by www.constantgames.com called Edge).

Agreed, and I'll check out Edge.

Oh, yeah. Console games are $50, not 30.

I live in Japan. They cost 30 here.

You may think they are worth $30, and that may be becasue you don't have any or something,

No need to be mature Smile

but all games that are released now days eitehr for PC or consoles are $50, and are definatly worth it,

Not all games. Look at Daikatana.

just like this game it.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: