Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - "M" request
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"M" request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: "M" request Reply with quote

A Fog trigger.

We have defog, why not fog?
Verdagon
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome idea. Also, why can we see something when we're not there? It's completely illogical and limits what we can do with our missions...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess your units scatter hidden cameras and bugs everywhere in the trees, grass, sand, or cliffs.

Yeah, I wondered why you could still see stuff when no one was around. I know I make to many references to AOE, but in that there is two types of fog: fog of war and just the regular fog. When you have a unit leave an area, the fog is gone and you can see the land, there is still fog of war that keeps you from seeing the enemy.
ajcross
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On color devices, I could see the Minimap turning grey for areas that you have no units.

It would definitely make counter strike tactics almost impossible. You don't know if they are high, low or in the middle. You would need a net of single units to display your land. The enemy could feint and take one of these out with just a few units. Then they strike deep and hard someplace else as you send reinforcements to that side.

Even nastier would be raiders quickly and easily taking over a string of buildings. They would easily live long enough to breakthrough to the next buildings.

It would definitely make the minimap painting processing more complex.

UGMC wrote:
I guess your units scatter hidden cameras and bugs everywhere in the trees, grass, sand, or cliffs.

Yeah, I wondered why you could still see stuff when no one was around. I know I make to many references to AOE, but in that there is two types of fog: fog of war and just the regular fog. When you have a unit leave an area, the fog is gone and you can see the land, there is still fog of war that keeps you from seeing the enemy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Enhancement Requests All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: