Warfare Incorporated :: View topic - Black Nova
Warfare Incorporated Forum Index
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Black Nova

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Black Nova Reply with quote

Desperate to hurt the corporate monopolies, the Free Radicals have sent a Black-Ops team to the planet Trios, location of EXOM's main base. Their objective: Destroy the planet.

Author
dws90

History:
1.0: First Version, July 4th
1.1: Bug Fix, July 5th
1.2: Bug Fix, July 11th
1.3: Turned Off Repair July 11th

Black Nova.pdb
 Description:
Desperate to hurt the corporate monopolies, the Free Radicals have sent a Black-Ops team to the planet Trios, location of EXOM's main base. Their objective: Destroy the planet.

Download
 Filename:  Black Nova.pdb
 Filesize:  4.59 KB
 Downloaded:  17799 Time(s)

Last edited by dws90 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized the mission wasn't ending right. It SHOULD work now. Probably won't though, just because of my luck.
joshlerman
Established Forum User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for the mission not ending properly -- which it seems you are on top of -- I have to say this was a really entertaining one.

This is not the kind of mission that you will play for hours and hours building up a sizeable army and then wiping out the enemy; this is very much a strategy-oriented one where you have limited resources (about a dozen "Andys" and one "Fox" that must be protected at all costs), and strong and well-placed enemies who are guarding six power generators which must be destroyed in order to win the mission.

I found it challenging with a medium level of difficulty, and really enjoyed the premise. Well done!

- Josh
Donw35
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it as well, good job
PhillipEarl
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite possibly my favorite Free Radical Mission, second only to Tables Turned! Very Happy Way too many cyan Andy's to stay comfortable with having so many members of the Black Nova squad at my disposal! It took quite a bit of thinking and more than a few saved games to win.

One thing, though: When the mission ended it froze up my Tungsten E in the last dialog screen. I thought I had downloaded the corrected version, but I'll download again to be sure!
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You.

Anyway, I though I had fixed the ending, but now it simply has a different problem. I don't have a clue why, but next time I have a bit of free time, I'll see what I can do.
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just after I posted, I found that "free time" I was looking for.
Amazing how that happens. Very Happy

What turned out to be the problem was the explosion cutscene. I don't have any idea how to fix it, so I simply made it go poofy. New version is uploaded, and it has the same chance of working as the North Pole melting... wait...It should work.
BSlickOH
Developing Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mission a lot. My only complaint, and maybe I'm missing something, is that I don't know which person Fox is. I played a round of sending individuals off to die to see which one triggered the end of game, so I now know which one he is when the game begins. Before I did that, it was pure random chance before the game would end because he was the one who died. I had no way of knowing. Maybe color him grey or something.

Also, depending on the size of the budgets for the blue and red "forces," the game is, as far as I can tell, essentially unwinnable if you have less than 4 Andy's remaining (or else will take a REALLY long time to finish). Maybe change the criteria from "keep Fox alive" to "keep at least 4 soldiers alive" or something like that. Then once you drop to 3, end the game.

I always find it fascinating with these missions that involve a lot of super troppers, just how easy they are to beat (or get beaten, as the case may be). You'd think with 20 of them or so you should be unstoppable, but if you aren't very patient and dilligent with this level, they get slaughtered.
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can determine what type of unit is by holding down on them. A box will pop up on their name.

And Fox starts in the middle of the pack.

I did take your advice, and I have turned off repair for the enemies. I realize that if you have 5+plasma cannons firing at a turret, repair won't help it much.
UGMC
Mega-Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a fun mission, but I've hardly played an hour's worth of WI this summer! I'll play this as soon as I can and let you know how it is.
Jazz3D1
Semi-frequent Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good mission. Just like most of the other users, I had to save alot and the end of the mission also froze up on my Tungsten E. In addition, the last e-com has a misspelled word. You mention that the mission was "heard" and meant to say "hard".

Great job and I look forward to you next challenge.
piturra
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dws90 - finally beat this super challenging mission - thanks!!! I was left with 6 commando's plus Fox!

I'm definitely going to try other tactic's to see if I can complete the mission with more commando's.

Phil

Acquisition Rule #59 “Free advise is seldom cheap.” (Quark @ DS9)
- Tungsten E3
dws90
Very Active User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mission is entirely possible without a single ally death. Just be patient, thorough, and cunning. Don't forget traps, either. While EXOM can hurt you as a group, they can't beat you alone.
big_adventure
WI Forum Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, I just realized I left the comment for this mission on the "Black Apocolypse" thread. Well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warfare Incorporated Forum Index -> Mission Sharing All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: